Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forget the i360, a GENUINE eyesore is on the way...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think they are doing sushi up there, as per a twitter post I saw from them yesterday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7667547 said:
Overall I like it. In context with the other monstrosity it is absolutely brilliant compared to the disproportionate and stumpy i360

I've seen the i360 described as a lot of things...

...but "stumpy" ??

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Brighton is a new city, diverse in the making, so why not be diverse in moving on to new architecture.
Change is good, I like it. :)

Of course it is, that's why they made us build our stadium 5 miles out of town.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
hardly an eye sore, when you can only see it from a 20-30 yd stretch of road. that said theres nothing subtle, as some one said has all the style and finesse of a club hammer. maybe we could coin its nick name here, the Mjolnir

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It seems we're entering the age of anything goes when it comes to planning applications in Brighton & Hove...

It will make a refreshing change from NOTHING GOES in terms of planning in B&H which has been in operation for the last 30 years!

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Looks great, it's very ugly around there.

How long does it take for a restaurant to recoup £4m quid though?

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Looks a bit like a prefabricated building up in the air, but strangely quite like it. Another talking point for Brighton.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I've seen the i360 described as a lot of things...

...but "stumpy" ??

I find that a good TOWER should get thinner at the top to look good. Like most other towers out there....

towers.jpg

If the i360 would have done something as simple as put a couple of spires on top I think it would have looked much better and less STUMPY (excuse the shit photoshopping)

i360.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here