Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forestieri

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
All this 'final hurdle' stuff is making me feel QUEASY.

We're a third of the way into the season. We've done brilliantly SO FAR, but nobody ever won anything in November.

We are top priced 4/7 already, the main danger was dispatched 5-0 and they are in turmoil, the other possible dangers are some way off the pace and we have already been away to the stand out side so that one is out of the way. I really can't believe I am saying this HKFC but the ONLY danger I can envisage is another injury crisis.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Yes I should have elaborated.

I think what I'm saying is that in an ideal world, we will recruit another striker who enhances the squad by being a team man and by being an improvement on Elvis Manu and ideally on either Hemed or Baldock. However, I doubt we'll find that player and if that is the case, it isn't the end of the world. I think we've got a superb chance of going up with what we've got.

Sorry I quoted the wrong post...It was meant to be in response to the post about nothing is won in November...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I imagine we are some way down the list of Championship clubs who can't wait to throw millions at singing him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have been told many times Hooper is not a player that would come into CH reckoning as having managed him at Norwich he considers him to be lazy and not a team player so scrub that one. We could go down the Middlesbro route of buying Rhodes to get us the few extra goals and then sell him in the summer to another championship club with aspirations. The amount we would lose probably £2m would be offset by the prize of promotion. I personally think that we will bring in a player from Europe a la Knockaert and Hemed to give Baldock competition for a place.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The squad at this moment in time have the most fabulous team spirit I can ever recall in my time as a supporter. It only needs one bad egg to destroy that. Not a bad player in my view, but a serious risk to club harmony.
Only my often wrong opinion, I know, but if we need to buy I'm not sure midfield is where we should be looking.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The squad at this moment in time have the most fabulous team spirit I can ever recall in my time as a supporter. It only needs one bad egg to destroy that. Not a bad player in my view, but a serious risk to club harmony.
Only my often wrong opinion, I know, but if we need to buy I'm not sure midfield is where we should be looking.

He'd be a number ten wouldn't he. Classic off the front man type.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not for me either. Good player but concerns over temperament. I'd also question if he is the type of player we need? I'd like to see someone with genuine pace who runs in behind other teams. We have quality players on the ball, good passers and a couple of decent CF who can win headers and hold the ball up.

Where we struggle (if we do at all) is without Baldock's running into channels we play in front of teams or try to get down the flanks. I think that's exactly why Norwich tried to push up on us. A quick direct player who runs into the space left behind will give us another option and also create space for Knocky and Kayal etc to play in.

I think we will look abroad for some value personally.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'd rather we got somebody young & hungry on loan.

Dominic Solanke at Chelsea is rated higher than Tammy Abraham, has a better scoring record and is known for working his bollocks off. He's fast, strong and has good ball control and movement. He's also comfortable up front or just behind a striker so sit him down, tell him that if he plays well and gets us up he'll get a chance in the Prem with us on loan next season which in turn gives him a chance to prove he's good enough for Chelsea.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Laughable to think that any of our promotion rivals will sell us their best strikers, even if the players desperately wanted to come here.

Personally I'd be very happy with Forestieri, he IS class when happy, but it is never going to happen.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Laughable to think that any of our promotion rivals will sell us their best strikers, even if the players desperately wanted to come here.

Personally I'd be very happy with Forestieri, he IS class when happy, but it is never going to happen.

I personally want the little weasel to stay at MASSIVE and continue to poison the team spirit there, whilst taking MASSIVE wages. Oh and diving around, lots of diving.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I do think he is probably available in January.... but who would buy him..

Would a struggling Prem side take a punt ?...
Maybe a Bmuff, Burnley, Sunderland or Swansea would see him as a punt worth taking.... when you have Prem money floating about 6-7 million is pennies i guess.

Cant see Newcastle going for him, he wont be a regular starter there.
Villa have plenty of forwards
Norwich have plenty similar in type, and its in defence they need additions.
Derby who were interested have since spent on Vydra and already have 100 front men.

We do need a player of his type ( someone of the front man ) but there are serious questions to be asked over his attitude, maybe CH could deal with them I dont know.

I suspect a bargain will be had by someone, his value must have dropped significantly since the summer....

Would I be excited if we signed him... probably... get his head right and he's a hell of a player..

Will we sign him, probably not, I dont think Sheff Wed would sell to a Champ rival.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There seems to be a lot of negativity on this board based on Forestieri's attitude.

Can you imagine arriving at Lacing and giving it 'the big one' to Duffy, Bruno, Stockdale & Murray et al, and that'll be before the manager and Calderwood have got hold of him.

I reckon Super Mario or I am Zlatan would struggle to get into their attitude groove, in our current dressing room, let alone some Wednesday :lol: reject.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here