Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forestieri

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not for me Clive.

Sulky little shit- a man who refused to play for Wednesday earlier this season because Derby were rumoured to have bid for him. Derby, FFS. Not Chelsea, or Liverpool or Barcelona. Derby County.

Talented, but I happen to think we have an amazing team spirit going on this season and last, and I really don't see Forestieri fitting in with that.
Is correct. No thanks. He's a bell cheese.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seems to think he's some kind of SUPERSTAR.

I wouldn't touch him with a shitty stick.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think we need another Baldockesque type player rather than Leo.

Interesting I have started to think the opposite. To lose Baldock would be a blow, but we could adapt. Lose Murray and Hemed, where do we go?

Given the strength of our squad, I would say if we could bring in 2 players in January, 2 forwards would make sense, especially if one was a young prospect with one eye on next season.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Forestieri & Knockaert in the same team? Can't see it in a million years.

If it's fair to describe Knockaert as a luxury player (I don't necessarily think it is, as he's been consistently that good), then Forestieri is even more of one. I'd rather have Solly, or WJM, or Skalak, players who you know will run through brick walls for their Albion team-mates..

I don't see Forestieri as the same sort of guy. Far too flaky.

I'm not sure how anybody could describe Knockaert as a luxury player (and I realise you have suggested he is not).

To me a luxury player is someone who is great with the ball but naff without it, and doesn't put in a proper shift for the team. Knockaert couldn't be further from that definition and his workrate could never be called into question.

Just because he is a flair player doesn't make him a luxury.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I'd take him every day if the money was right. Stephens was disruptive at the start of the season, and most of our fans have already forgotten about that. As long as he came in and performed, no one would question it, and we aren't yet at a stage where we can turn down that level of player, as good as we're becoming.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
#NOTOGETHER with him in the side

....let us not forget that he refused to get on the team buss...pfft no ta

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's a yes for me. On a permanent. He'll be kept in check by his Argie compatriot, Mr Ulloa, who'll sign until the end of the season on loan with Elvis off to Graceland or somewhere. The Forestieri-Ulloa partnership will be back up to the Murray-Baldock one and used mostly for the cup.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Well it depends. Boro went and signed Rhodes for hige money and went up and he doesnt get a sniff. Obviously yes if he helps us get a few more goals to go up, however I dont think he has the attitude to fit in right now.

If we do get a striker I can see it being a younger talent.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why come here, any club after the massive Sheffield Wednesday must be a backward step.

Would not be value for money and would probably hinder us going up

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Talented ****, but no thank you.
Skalak went over too easy the other day, and Steve Sidwell dragged him up straight away.
Could you imagine it, Forestieri falling over all the time, when would SS ever get time to play football :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On second thoughts, buy him and long term loan him out to Donatello's for some real hard graft in their kitchens.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not for me Clive.

Sulky little shit- a man who refused to play for Wednesday earlier this season because Derby were rumoured to have bid for him. Derby, FFS. Not Chelsea, or Liverpool or Barcelona. Derby County.

Talented, but I happen to think we have an amazing team spirit going on this season and last, and I really don't see Forestieri fitting in with that.

Not often the first comment hits the nail on the head so squarely. Quite clearly wouldn't fit in here. As talented as he is I wouldn't take him on a free.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Interesting I have started to think the opposite. To lose Baldock would be a blow, but we could adapt. Lose Murray and Hemed, where do we go?

Given the strength of our squad, I would say if we could bring in 2 players in January, 2 forwards would make sense, especially if one was a young prospect with one eye on next season.

No.
More forwards are not required. We have goals all over our team. We will rip a number of sides apart this season. I have it on very good authority that CH has earmarked two players that will continue and strengthen our push for promotion. Beram Kayal and Liam Rosenior. Nothing else is required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here