Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest vs Brighton live on Sky Sports - *Confirmed*

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Who would want to see a relegation battle, can't think of anything more depressing.

I'm sure many on here watched when we drew with Ipswich (IIRC) 2006 on the last day to guarantee safety.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why only 2 games this year ? It was 3 last year wasn't it ? ???

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If Wigan lose at Birmingham then Blackburn v Wigan is absolutely nailed on to be one of them, surely? Otherwise I make Reading v Burnley the game shown at the top.

At the other end, Blackpool v Charlton will have something riding on it, so I expect that to be the other one covered.

I agree, if Forest had won on Saturday we would have been one of them as both teams would have been involved.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
When do they make the decision?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
When do they make the decision?

I would guess after Tuesday nights games. Normally it would have to be earlier but all the games have been moved for TV anyway so the clubs don't have to rearrange anything.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I would guess after Tuesday nights games. Normally it would have to be earlier but all the games have been moved for TV anyway so the clubs don't have to rearrange anything.

True - and it obviously makes sense to wait until the midweek games (if Wigan win, no point having their weekend game televised..).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I hope there will at least be a stream .... Then I will watch that and have the reading game on a 30 second delay with my phone off!

If no stream. Then it's tricky as seagulls world is about a minute behind real life !! - so would hope it would be on five live or a national station.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I would guess that whatever the main game is, they will also keep you updated with what is going on in the other key games. They might even show the goals as and when they go in.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
For those interested, it looks as though the game will be shown on Bein Sports meaning decent streams will be available. I'm not sure whether this means Sky can't 'take' the game also, just thought I'd pass it on.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I cannot see Sky being the slightest bit interested in who goes down to League One. Likely to show Reading come what may, plus us or Wigan. All may depend on Midweek game for Wigan, which might throw a spanner in the works as they cannot show all three!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think it will be Leicester vs Doncaster and Bolton vs Birmingham.

Leicester get the trophy, Donny will be celebrating or in tears. Then Bolton vs Brum probably the other game directly related to Donny and two ex-Prem clubs.

Relegation is more immediate than qualifying for the chance to go up. So I think they'll focus on the bottom.

Good shout - seems a logical choice to me if Birmingham lose to Wigan midweek and start the final day in a relegation place

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It will be announced today, now the full Wigan and Birmingham scenarios are known.

Birmingham slipping into League One (again) is quite a big story so I wouldn't be surprised if their trip to Bolton is on. And Reading have it all to lose against Burnley who seem to be a media darlings to a degree of late, so I reckon that one too.

I imagine each of these games will go picture-in-picture, or similar, if there something happens in related games that impacts overall standings.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Today probably. I think there is a good chance it will the Reading game and ours, considering there is nothing on the Wigan game now.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Today probably. I think there is a good chance it will the Reading game and ours, considering there is nothing on the Wigan game now.

My brother works for the firm Sky use for broadcasting and was told we are on if Wigan won at Brum. They usually knows the live games before they are officially announced.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think it will be us and Reading because your average punter doesn't care who gets relegated to League 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here