Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Forest Tickets

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
They need to go to a game that doesn't require a purchase history , normally one where the away support will be small and there are no policing issues. Another way to get on the database is buying tickets for a pre-season friendly.

Fully understand.

But there will be lots of empty seats tomorrow, four of which could have been filled.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But you can't do that in the home end.

I know - that's my point. Stopping sales to 'new' fans without a history for security related reasons doesn't match with letting anyone walk off the street to buy a ticket in the away end.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fully understand.

But there will be lots of empty seats tomorrow, four of which could have been filled.

Yeah , a catch 22 situation. If only we had been playing Yeovil tomorrow.

Feb 14, 2010
But this is nothing new is . Our match by match ticket sales are crap in both numbers, mainly because of price, but also in organisation.

This week, someone who hasn't been to the Amex phoned up to buy 4 seats.

They hadn't got a purchase history, so were told they couldn't buy tickets.

How does a new fan/customer get a purchase history if they aren't on the database?

Football (not just the Albion) has gone down the path of officious rules to just get into the ground. A season or so ago I tried to see the Albion at Charlton. They had a crowd of about 20,000 in a ground that held 30,000. Could I get in? No chance, you needed to be some kind of member with all great grandparents alive to buy a ticket from Brighton and to et in the Charlton end you had to be a red member with all grandparents alive. As a result 10,000 spare seats and I did something else with my afternoon. Tiresome, but these rules keep a few people in a job as some idiot has to dream them up and a number of idiots have to enforce them. I have pretty much given up going to football as a casual fan these days as I dont want to be a member of any kind, just want to turn up as and when `I feel like it a few hours before kick off.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I know - that's my point. Stopping sales to 'new' fans without a history for security related reasons doesn't match with letting anyone walk off the street to buy a ticket in the away end.

And is this game considered to be one where they expect trouble? Surely not...having read this thread its all bonkers

Feb 14, 2010
Can this be raised with and / or this thread put in "ask the club" and the club take on board that in the service / entertainment industry then the aim is to make life easy for the customer, not difficult.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
I tried to order two tickets for north at 3pm.... went back online ten minutes later ....all tickets for forest unavailable! meant my son and me miss the game ....and more empty seats ! pathetic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here