Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Forest Green tomorrow

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Edit just read newer post. thanks.

They seem to make it up as they go along. I think the basic premise is group winners home, runners up are away and where possible they try and make sure all academy sides are away even if they’ve won the group. Last season Everton won their group and were the home team in the next round. Man Utd won their group but were the away side against fellow academy side Wolves. Villa won their group but played away to Charlton.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As things stand, we have a one in seven chance of being drawn at Crawley Town, Portsmouth or West Ham United U-21s.

The remaining group matches to be played take place either next Tuesday or the following Tuesday.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Just saw that our U21s have secured a spot in the knockout rounds of the EFL Trophy. An excellent performance by everyone involved.

It was tough last season in the cup, with 0 points, but to finish in second place this time around (ahead of Shrewsbury and Walsall) just shows how far we've come. UTA! (y)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just back, and trying to get warm!

Good result (ultimately) but didn't press as much as I expected, and gave the ball away too often (so did they, TBH). No service to O'Mahoney, who spent most of his time coming back to try and get a sniff, so not much threat up front. Player who caught my eye was Ben Jackson - seemed to have a bit of presence about him.
Good pens. though, and good saves by McGill.
Also - am I allowed to say this? - I thought the referee did a decent job.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
J
Just got in after dropping the eldest two back to Bristol. Pretty uneventful game, but better than Shrewsbury. Good penalties from our lads and a couple of smart saves from McGill. It's always fun going to these games, I hope we draw a seaside town in the next round.

IMG_0648.jpeg

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Just back, and trying to get warm!

Good result (ultimately) but didn't press as much as I expected, and gave the ball away too often (so did they TBH). No service to O'Mahoney, who spent most of his time coming back to try and get a sniff, so not much threat up front. Player who caught my eye was Ben Jackson - seemed to have a bit of presence about him.
Good pens. though, and good saves by McGill.
Also - am I allowed to say this? - I thought the referee did a decent job.
Thought McConville looked good too.

Lots of wayward passes in our play but some decent individual showings.

Also thought Jenks did well for them, covered a lot of ground and added some threat in the second half.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
PXL_20231107_184928426.MP.jpg
PXL_20231107_183726471.PORTRAIT.jpg

After much slander of the chips they ended up being fine. Fried McCains that went well with the (vegan) garlic mayo. Pie was also decent, Quorn pieces with leeks in a white sauce. Pastry could use some improvement but overall a decent offering.

£10 for pie, chips and a can of drink.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually, the pies aren't bad at all. The chips are rubbish though.
Update: the chips were much improved, quite acceptable in fact (although TBF my mate's pasty didn't look great - the filling may have been delicious, but the brown flour pastry was rock hard; in the battle with the plastic cutlery, the pastry was a clear winner!)

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Quadruple still on then.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Yes, agreed, thought our CB's were good. Could see both of them going out on loan to L2 next season. Lacked someone to dictate in midfield, hence no service to O'Mahoney. Great saves by McGill, and chips were decent. Free parking too.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Is that the first time one of our U21 sides have progressed to the KO rounds of this competition in its current format?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Is that the first time one of our U21 sides have progressed to the KO rounds of this competition in its current format?

This is the third time we’ve made it out of the group stage since Academy sides were invited to compete from the 16-17 season

We made the 3rd round in that first season losing 3-0 to Coventry and the second round in 19-20 losing on penalties to Newport.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In the Bristol Street Motors Trophy (EFL Trophy) Albion U-21s will be drawn away at one of:-

Crawley Town
Wycombe Wanderers
Peterborough United
Portsmouth
MK Dons
Reading
West Ham United U-21s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here