Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those worrying/moaning about Player transfers without a manager......

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Good point, well made :down:

wait till he see's the Bridcutt to Palace thread
and I have also just this minute been reading that Upson is wanted by Leeds and Leicester as well as us

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
wait till he see's the Bridcutt to Palace thread
and I have also just this minute been reading that Upson is wanted by Leeds and Leicester as well as us
What, Bridcutts about to join Palace for £3million. Of course he is, and Gus Poyet would like to announce his pending engagement to Paul Barber.

Now doubt Upson is wanted elsewhere. If I had to make a guess, he'll end up at Leicester, no matter who is manager here.

But anyway, now you seem to be over your earlier tantrum, wanna share how you think the club can be more transparent with us fans? :lol: Or are we still avoiding that comment?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What, Bridcutts about to join Palace for £3million. Of course he is, and Gus Poyet would like to announce his pending engagement to Paul Barber.

Now doubt Upson is wanted elsewhere. If I had to make a guess, he'll end up at Leicester, no matter who is manager here.

But anyway, now you seem to be over your earlier tantrum, wanna share how you think the club can be more transparent with us fans? :lol: Or are we still avoiding that comment?
and maybe you would like to share what you think the difference is between "got rid of " and suspension
not avoiding anything as I said before I would like many other thousands to know WTF is going on but like many of those thousands will have to wait.
like I have for your answer

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You're very patronising.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
A new manager would have his own style of play and what players he would need to achieve it no point in buying players he might not want

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Why?

So they are told for example, Poyet won't be manager, we've lined up Robeto De Matto/ Oscar Garcia Junyent/ Harry Redknapp. You'll be playing in front of the biggest crowd in the league, we have the players in place to push hard for promotion, we are signing you and so and so and so. All should be complete before pre-season.

Why would he go elsewhere, unless of course they let slip that David O'Leary is the new manager :lol:

So,
-the club that wants to sign me already knows they are getting rid of their manager before they've completed their disciplinary investigation (potentially involving me in any legal proceedings that may follow if the club have decided on an outcome before completing the investigation, and they tell me, I could be called as a witness should gus challenge the decision)?
-the club is showing that they are more than willing to release what should be confidential information, something that won't enamour me to the club - what if they release my information, what about negotiations and such that I want to remain private?

If I look beyond that

-they're not sure what sort of manager they want, there's no consistency of footballing identity among the three they've said their after
-maybe one who, when given free reign has done ok in the lower divisions, when handed a team of global megastars doesn't upset the boat enough to allow them to win and champions league title that many believe wasn't warranted on performance, but led to the club's lowest league finish for 10 years,
-a guy who has never managed in england and whose english I'm uncertain is any good,
-or a guy who has left several clubs that have then fallen into financial problems, so I might end up not getting paid if I stay around very long, where I very well could end up seeing people worse than me getting paid more?​
-The club is interested in them, but there's no guarantee any of them will actually become manager, and so I still don't know for sure who I'll be working under. aybe I like the idea of Harry Redknapp, but what if they get this Oscar guy, maybe I won't be spanish enough, maybe he'll want me to do that tippy tappy stuff, and I'm more of a traditional english centre forward...

-I don't care about the crowd. If I have a bad game, or if I have a good game and they don't see it, they will get on my back, if the rest of the team have a bad game I'll get moaned at, if the wrong manager signs, I could be asked to do a job I'm not good at, I may be asked to play out of position, and the fans won't understand. Besides, when I'm on the pitch, I don't notice the crowd. I don't care how big that is.
-There are 24 teams in the championship, last season 13 teams finished within 10 points of the play offs. 19 teams can say they are in a position to push hard for promotion. Most teams that are interested in signing me will use this line, and they will have managers in place I can judge how likely they are to achieve it.

Y'know, Reading have that mcdermott guy in charge, and he's managed to get a team promoted from this division, I think I'll see what they have to say...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
@Tubby-McFat-Fuc

Been here a month - making yourself at home??
Sorry. Didn't realise there was a minimum membership period before a new poster could speak to the likes you greatness like yourself.

Maybe thats why you skipped threads to not answer this

To reply to your question though, I feel the club should consult the fans with everything - From the match day experience, to our shirts and identity, to the way the club operates financially. Clackers, membership schemes, half time entertainment - the list goes on - all these things should be decided with the fans, the people who make up this football club and have been here since 1901, not by some bloke who has spent the last few years of his career managing a franchise in the US and would happily shaft the lot of us & sell the clubs soul as long as it looked good on his CV.

I've made 11 posts, but you will notice most of them are to get someone to clarify somethings he doesn't seem to like being picked up on.

So, anyway without counting posts, lets continue

You want the club to consult fans on

Match Day Experience
Shirts
Identity
The way it operates financially
Membership Schemes,
Half time Entertainment
The list goes on..........................
And finally if you are adding clackers, I'll say the list appears to be basically everything, although if thats important to you, maybe we should be consulted over the colour of the bags the pies come in?

How do they do that?

They have customer service, they receive feedback.

They have asked the club on this very forum. I wonder how many clubs do that?

They hold regular fans forums?

What else do you want?

A phone call once a week/month/year to every fan(customers) who go to the ground and spend there money?

Or maybe all fans who follow us, even if they live in Chile and who maybe only follow our results?

Who decides which fans are asked? Surely if its a very important issue like clackers on seats, it should be each and very one of us?

And you will see why I keep posting, if because I have to ask the same question over and over so here goes

Can you quote where the club have made this distinction between fans/customers? What context was it made in?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Wayne Bridge to Reading

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
So,
-the club that wants to sign me already knows they are getting rid of their manager before they've completed their disciplinary investigation (potentially involving me in any legal proceedings that may follow if the club have decided on an outcome before completing the investigation, and they tell me, I could be called as a witness should gus challenge the decision)?
-the club is showing that they are more than willing to release what should be confidential information, something that won't enamour me to the club - what if they release my information, what about negotiations and such that I want to remain private?

If I look beyond that

-they're not sure what sort of manager they want, there's no consistency of footballing identity among the three they've said their after
-maybe one who, when given free reign has done ok in the lower divisions, when handed a team of global megastars doesn't upset the boat enough to allow them to win and champions league title that many believe wasn't warranted on performance, but led to the club's lowest league finish for 10 years,
-a guy who has never managed in england and whose english I'm uncertain is any good,
-or a guy who has left several clubs that have then fallen into financial problems, so I might end up not getting paid if I stay around very long, where I very well could end up seeing people worse than me getting paid more?​
-The club is interested in them, but there's no guarantee any of them will actually become manager, and so I still don't know for sure who I'll be working under. aybe I like the idea of Harry Redknapp, but what if they get this Oscar guy, maybe I won't be spanish enough, maybe he'll want me to do that tippy tappy stuff, and I'm more of a traditional english centre forward...

-I don't care about the crowd. If I have a bad game, or if I have a good game and they don't see it, they will get on my back, if the rest of the team have a bad game I'll get moaned at, if the wrong manager signs, I could be asked to do a job I'm not good at, I may be asked to play out of position, and the fans won't understand. Besides, when I'm on the pitch, I don't notice the crowd. I don't care how big that is.
-There are 24 teams in the championship, last season 13 teams finished within 10 points of the play offs. 19 teams can say they are in a position to push hard for promotion. Most teams that are interested in signing me will use this line, and they will have managers in place I can judge how likely they are to achieve it.

Y'know, Reading have that mcdermott guy in charge, and he's managed to get a team promoted from this division, I think I'll see what they have to say...
Sorry, should have used the word or instead of a /. and I plucked three names from the top of the betting lists. Who knows who we are going to get. Didn't say we'd tell them direct. I said off the record. But I'm sure if it was make or break, someone somewhere would let slip via the agent of the record.

Well, we will disagree. I don't think it will harm our chances of signing top players (and thats the type of player we will be after) over the next couple of weeks. If its drags into pre-season, then I might agree its an issue.

You could argue in that case, why any player would want to sign for us with Gus Poyet in charge, when he made the comments he made after the Palace game. It's well known in the game that he wants to manage in the premiership, he says it almost on a weekly basis. I like everyone else would love to know who our managers going to be next season, but at this moment in time, I don't think its as big a issue so some are making out.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You could argue in that case, why any player would want to sign for us with Gus Poyet in charge, when he made the comments he made after the Palace game. It's well known in the game that he wants to manage in the premiership, he says it almost on a weekly basis. I like everyone else would love to know who our managers going to be next season, but at this moment in time, I don't think its as big a issue so some are making out.

His comments after the game suggested he would only stay if the club were serious about promotion. If he stays, that means they are, and so it all adds up, and he is playing a brand of football that gets a lot of plaudits, and under him this club went from 10th to 4th - a good sign.

I'm not saying a manager is the sole reason a player will sign for a club. Money in the biggest reason, length of contract is always important, too, players like job security. But a manager is very important. It dictates so much of the actual job a player is paid to do, not just on the pitch, but coaching style, training drills, that it is the biggest thing that affects a player's enjoyment of the job.

Players leave clubs and take pay cuts so that they can actually play first team football, rather than sit on a bench, so knowing whether the manager is someone who will use you or not, is important. Knowing that the manager is someone who you can train under every day, is important.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
His comments after the game suggested he would only stay if the club were serious about promotion. If he stays, that means they are, and so it all adds up, and he is playing a brand of football that gets a lot of plaudits, and under him this club went from 10th to 4th - a good sign.

I'm not saying a manager is the sole reason a player will sign for a club. Money in the biggest reason, length of contract is always important, too, players like job security. But a manager is very important. It dictates so much of the actual job a player is paid to do, not just on the pitch, but coaching style, training drills, that it is the biggest thing that affects a player's enjoyment of the job.

Players leave clubs and take pay cuts so that they can actually play first team football, rather than sit on a bench, so knowing whether the manager is someone who will use you or not, is important. Knowing that the manager is someone who you can train under every day, is important.
I fully understand what you are saying, but I still disagree. I'm not saying certain players will want to go and play for XX manager, but I honestly don't think its as important as it was a few years ago. If we were mid table in the terms of size, I may agree, but I honestly think outside of Leicester, we are the most desirable club out the premiership at the moment. I think the way the club is, the players already here, our finishing position last season compared to the one before, will compensate for the lack of manager for the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here