Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For those of you who like lists....

Ditto, good work Buzzer. So far the chairmen have said that emphasis is on the ground and the academy but with a third expected to go towards the playing budget. We'll see though. As long as we don't do a QPR and create debt for ourselves that will end up being a millstone around our necks then I'm happy.

I've heard that Browett is no longer bothered about the Academy gaining Cat 1 status due to the level of funding required, something like 3.5 million a year as opposed to 1 million a year for Cat 2.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Like it or not, relevant or not, its still funny that their highest attandance was their last gasp game v Peterborough which was less than our game against them on a Tuesday night in November.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Like it or not, relevant or not, its still funny that their highest attandance was their last gasp game v Peterborough which was less than our game against them on a Tuesday night in November.
Is it? There is a reason for this - our ground is 5000 times better than theres.

What about the 25 years prior to 2011? Are there threads on the BBS chuckling away at our crowds compared to theirs in that period?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Is it? There is a reason for this - our ground is 5000 times better than theres.

What about the 25 years prior to 2011? Are there threads on the BBS chuckling away at our crowds compared to theirs in that period?

Your fist point could be true..In my case I go to watch my team not drink nice beer and food. I used to like terraces a burger stall and FA else! but that might be because I am a old git.

I cant recall reading any attendance threads on Palace boards or in fact any other teams board it is a BHA "thing". But in all fairness going from 6000 to 28,000 in two years is impresive, but by god do some of you go on and on about it!!

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I like lists. Here's one for you Major, since 2002 and excluding draws:

5-0 - spanking
2-3 - last minutetastic
1-3 - first away league win at the Amex
3-0 - semi-spanking
0-2 - Play-off joy.

For Brighton?

0-1 - and you still got relegated
3-0 - now absolutely meaningless in the context of the season.

You get big crowds, we win big games.

5-0 - spanking
2-3 - last minutetastic
3-0 - semi-spanking
0-2 - Play-off joy.

For Brighton?

Please tell me what you or I could have done about any of the above that you list.

Absolutely F all. The results are for the players & managers.

Attendances are for us - it's the only thing we can do - turn up. In that respect we are superior to you, and as I have proven on numerous occasions - it's not just since the Amex.

We are better supporters, you have a better team (although you finished below us for the last two years):whistle:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've heard that Browett is no longer bothered about the Academy gaining Cat 1 status due to the level of funding required, something like 3.5 million a year as opposed to 1 million a year for Cat 2.

I understand the funding at Category 2 has been covered by a sponsorship deal , its a catch 22 situation where you either spend £3.5M for Category 1 to stop players being poached by the big clubs or stay at Category 2 and take a chance not every top notch academy player is cherry picked.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

5-0 - spanking
2-3 - last minutetastic
3-0 - semi-spanking
0-2 - Play-off joy.

For Brighton?

The Saint Patrick's Day Massacre will long be remembered as the day Palace capitulated on the pitch to a side who were only playing at 80% and still gave out a footballing lesson.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
The Saint Patrick's Day Massacre will long be remembered as the day Palace capitulated on the pitch to a side who were only playing at 80% and still gave out a footballing lesson.

We were crap whichI think I pointed out several times on the following days from the Paddys Day Massacre but end of the day... all it did was match the 3-0 drubbing of you at our gaffe earlier that season. Where your boys managed to also give a footballing lesson on how not to play against your rivals.

Either way given the context... we're better on the pitch and you get more plastics to the ground. Good news is we'll now be attempting to get more plastics to the ground in the premiership. Hurrah.

Not read anything from Browett saying he's not looking to get Cat 1 status. Got a link as I'd be interested to read it?

We were crap whichI think I pointed out several times on the following days from the Paddys Day Massacre but end of the day... all it did was match the 3-0 drubbing of you at our gaffe earlier that season. Where your boys managed to also give a footballing lesson on how not to play against your rivals.

Either way given the context... we're better on the pitch and you get more plastics to the ground. Good news is we'll now be attempting to get more plastics to the ground in the premiership. Hurrah.

Not read anything from Browett saying he's not looking to get Cat 1 status. Got a link as I'd be interested to read it?

It's on BBS somewhere in the CPFC2010 questions forum. And I for one can't be arsed to trawl through it and find it.

He mentioned that your head coach there, Garry Issot? feels the same as he does regarding staying at Cat 2, something to do with local kids playing for their local side and getting the chance to play for the first team will be enough to dissuade them from going to the big boys where they'll never get a chance.

Commendable really.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
[yt]gRzBNGGb-zc[/yt]
For those interested in figures as well as lists :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Attendances are for us - it's the only thing we can do - turn up. In that respect we are superior to you, and as I have proven on numerous occasions - it's not just since the Amex.
Er, yes it is. Before the Amex, we hadn't averaged a 5 figure crowd since 1990/1991, and even then we barely managed despite a run to the play-offs.

That's the point - sadly it won't be remembered any more than the 3-0 at there place beforehand. It is little more than a footnote in the context of the season. This season will be remembered for us losing at the Amex and Palace going on to get promotion.

Just leave it. The bloke who compared you to a Japanese soldier in the Pacific was spot on. :nono:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Maybe, but had you beaten us on that day you would have probably gone up automatically rather than going on a run that almost cost a play off place.

True but...do you think they're bothered about that?

Look, Palace went up entirely undeservedly given their form IMHO, but that's the playoffs for you, that's what can happen. And "Paulie" is a nasty, rather bitter little front bottom, among some highly decent Palace fans on here and who are involved in the REMF etc. C'est la vie.

It has to be said, Palace went up the best way you can get promoted, with a day trip to Wembley having beaten us in the semi's.

The only way it could have been any better for them was if they'd beaten us in the Final itself.

*******S.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It has to be said, Palace went up the best way you can get promoted, with a day trip to Wembley having beaten us in the semi's.

The only way it could have been any better for them was if they'd beaten us in the Final itself.
*******S.

Beating you in your own backyard was better IMO.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

We played at about 20% of what we are capable of that day. You saw what happened when we played to around our best 8 weeks later (even without 31 goal Glenn Murray!) :clap:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I cant recall reading any attendance threads on Palace boards or in fact any other teams board it is a BHA "thing". But in all fairness going from 6000 to 28,000 in two years is impresive, but by god do some of you go on and on about it!!

That is just not true. The BBS had loads of attendance threads when we were at Withdean. Even though we lead the largest percentage full table all the time we were there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here