Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the love of god please go for it Saturday.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I will be honest after getting into the car and hearing the result, I felt exactly the same. I hope they really have a go as I turned down the first week of a season long competition and our monthly medal for this as well as the £64 and £ 27 for the coach fee.

If you're expecting us to go for it, you should have kept your tee off time

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you're expecting us to go for it, you should have kept your tee off time

I think you are probably right....but as I said earlier, I am not convinced it is in hughton's psyche to send a team out to " go for it". I am expecting a backs to the wall effort for the first half and try to keep them out and see how it goes. If we are getting tonked, I assume he will take off players he wants to keep for the weekend. I actually really hope he plays the big centre back Dan. I would give Duffy a rest and have him fresh for the Bournemouth game.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Swansea went for it

They didn’t get thrashed 9-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think you've missed the point somewhat, this great vaunted strategy you talk of couldnt even keep out a lowly championship team, however once we were forced to push and play more positive we managed a couple of goals.

Funny that
The only one missing the point here is you. Millwall threw the Den kitchen sink at us as they have done with several other Premier League teams (some of them much better teams than us) and we struggled.

The fact that we eventually managed to assert ourselves as they got tired was brilliant and credit to our players but nothing whatsoever to do with our manager's "strategy". We could easily have gone 3-0 down during that later period when we took more risks.

For an illustration of the stupidity of this thread you only have to look at the goal we conceded against Southampton. Is anyone really suggesting that our best approach against Man City involves getting plenty of players in their half and then trying to force the issue with forward passes that are only marginally "on"...?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
CH and the team should be anaylsing the Swansea game . . . . Man City are not perfect.

Just about 137.4 times better than us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Swansea went for it

They didn’t get thrashed 9-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
City missed about 5 clear cut chances in that game on another day it would have been a cricket score

It's amusing the hype theres been around this semi... I'm suprised the cold hard realisation that we are gonna get pumped has only just set in !!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Wigan have shown how to beat Citeh at Wembley in the cup :lolol:

stas.JPG

Wigan 1 - 0 Man City

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Didn't we go for it against Fulham not long ago?
Didn't they put 4 past us?
Didn't they just get relegated?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
CH and the team should be anaylsing the Swansea game . . . . Man City are not perfect.

yep, and their main weakness is defense, rely on dominance rather than old school tackle and defending (though they arent shabby here, just not as accomplished as their attacking play). just get at them balls and players forward, leave some gaps if happens (they'll play through the lines anyway). get them moving out of the little boxes they apparently play in. switching wingers might be usful here, every few minutes left/right wingers swap to unsettle the full backs.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
AFCB Fan here....You need to try and do what we did at the home match a few weeks ago. Go ultra defensive, but then do what we didn't - just get Dunk up there and launch some long balls into the box in the last 15 mins. Can't see any other way of beating them.

Be a great day out anyway. You'll stay up too and it will have been an adventure. Unlike us with the usual early cup exit, trip to Dubai and go on beach mode for the rest of the season.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Will be nothing worse than defending for 90 minutes and getting beat 3-0. Would rather us give it a go and get beat 5-0.

Totally agree. If we lose let's please be able to say we did give it a go. I'm not talking ridiculous gung ho against an obviously superior team but just not a meek rolling over. As a fan it's not good for me to come away with the view ' it was a good day out and occasion'. We need to be able to hold our heads up high. Even if in defeat we can take some positivity into our critical league games.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If we go toe to toe with city on that big Wembley pitch we will get hammered. Unlike most of you who seem to want to see us lose with a bit of effort I want to see us win and reach the final. Our only hope of doing that is keeping it tight and stealing a goal on the break or from a set piece.

I get that last night was poor but the tactics above very nearly worked at Anfield and Old Trafford.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
No. It's not a waste of money. We get to see Wembley, we get to see the beautiful (yeah, I'm biased) Albion blue and white stripes on the hallowed turf, and we have a bloody good day out. If we get anything from the game, I'll be going home in a daze - but win or lose, I'll have been there.

My sentiments entirely.

Just being there and having got this far is a major achievement.

Getting a result would be the icing on the cake and, while unlikely, IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The team who just took us apart tonight defended for 90 minutes against city and scraped a draw after getting gubbed 5-0 a few weeks earlier.

I'd love to see us "go for it" but what does everyone think will happen if we do? Stay in the game is all we can do. City are one of the best teams in the world.

Quite, going for it against city only leads to being destroyed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here