Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] For the love of god please go for it Saturday.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh come on guys: not only is it just a two horse race but its also eleven against eleven. And didn't City lose to Newcastle, of all teams, recently?

The only thing that worries me is the managers comments: 'A slim chance'. Indeed. Now tomorrow morning I've got to op down to the book shop, buy all the managerment motivation books they have and post 'em off to CH. This simply isn't good enough - and neither are his tactics, his team selection and clearly his motivational talents. Saturday was a disgrace and last night an embarrassment. I went to Highbury in '83 and Wembley twice. No-one gave us a chance then, either. If he can manage to sort the midfield out (and maybe rest Duffy who I thought was poor last wekend) and play two up front then there just might be something different from all your gloomy predictions.

Hell, I hope so. I've sprung £20 on Betfair...

People certainly DID give us a chance against Wednesday after we’d previously knocked out far better teams. But football is so much different now. The gap is oceanic. Yes we might get lucky, from City’s team selection through to them making individual errors. And equally we might be lucky to see Albion venture forward. Shoot or even score. That’s an awful lot of luck though. Stars aligned and then some. So it’s not negative thinking that we’ll lose. It’s realistic. Shows you’re in control of your senses still, that sort of thing!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Happy for us not to go for it until we are a goal down, with any luck we won’t have to, a 0-0 draw and win on penalties....can you imagine :drool:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
As frustrating to read as that Argus article is I bet Wigan fans would tell you keeping it tight and going on to nick the final against them in 2013 felt just as sweet than if they’d tried to play pretty football.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some people talk like "go for it" is a no brainer. It really isn't you know. If we were daft enough to play City at their own game, we'd be THRASHED 4 or 5 nil.

It is a 2 horse race and we can win by playing our own game and hoping things fall into place. Our relative strength is disciplined defending from the front to back. We have to hope that we can be clinical on the counter, we don't make costly avoidable mistakes, and we somehow find a way of retaining possession at times to give our defenders a breather.

If we lose 1-0 playing that way, so be it, but you can bet there will be all manner of clueless clowns on here shouting loudly that we might have won if only we had "gone for it" and that Hughton should go.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No. It's not a waste of money. We get to see Wembley, we get to see the beautiful (yeah, I'm biased) Albion blue and white stripes on the hallowed turf, and we have a bloody good day out. If we get anything from the game, I'll be going home in a daze - but win or lose, I'll have been there.

All of this.

Whilst staying up is more important, for the first time in ages I’m really excited about going.....

We can only do our best....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Ah well, I think our 4-0 defeat in the Final in 1983 is the joint-second heaviest Final defeat, so we may as well take the record for a Semi as well!

I shall enjoy the day regardless. I've waited 36 years to see Brighton in an FA Cup semi final again, and I'm not going to let a little thing such as the result spoil my day.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Some non believers need to watch the Swansea game , hats's off to the officials for finally managing to squeeze the Mancs over the line .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here