Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the attention of Mr Barber

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I've said before
Barber is just a patsy
So if you all wanna let off steam and use his name as a scapegoat for everything That you disagree about the club feel free
It sounds f***ing tediously boring though

I go to watch Brighton & hove Albion play football
Anything else is just a sideshow

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I know fans plus a couple of employee's at Vancouver Whitecaps. He was less than popular during his time there & trod on plenty of toes with unpopular decisions, of which most were done with no consultation to the fanbase. As I remember, one example was radically changing the home kit in order to appease a sponsor. Imagine if the Albion were 'required' to change their kit to blue & red stripes for example, in order to please a sponsor? :ohmy:

The Albion, have always been 'different' as a club, particularly since the troubles of the 1990's. Whilst the club has to move on from those troubled times, nothing will alienate fans more than for them to think they are little more than a cash cow to be squeezed. Fans in general, want a community based club that they can feel part of, not some corporate money making machine. Balancing the books & remaining a 'fans club' is a balancing act. The story of A.I.T.C. being squeezed is disgraceful if (?) true.

Barber claimed to have read 'Build a Bonfire' prior to his hiring in order to get a feel for the club. Maybe he needs to read it again?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree he seems to have upset the fans with some of his decisions, and rightly so, but a lot of it seems to be hearsay at present. Maybe someone could email him and find out exactly what is true. Hopefully the fans will find out and then make their decisions about him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't imagine much that Barber does is without the consent of TB, so maybe we are aiming the angst at the wrong person?

I wonder how many are willing to turn on our saviour?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Has there actually been a statement as to WHY Gullys girls were axed?.what was the thinking behind it?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Apart from getting rid of Gullys Girls, which I don't particularly disagree with, what has he done wrong? He got rid of Azure which was a great decision

Well you can add forcing NSC to shut down the ticket exchange.

As I remember, one example was radically changing the home kit in order to appease a sponsor. Imagine if the Albion were 'required' to change their kit to blue & red stripes for example, in order to please a sponsor? :ohmy:

I guessing there will be plenty of people that think that wouldn't happen in British football but I only have one word for the doubters ...... CARDIFF !

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I've said before
Barber is just a patsy
So if you all wanna let off steam and use his name as a scapegoat for everything That you disagree about the club feel free
It sounds f***ing tediously boring though

I go to watch Brighton & hove Albion play football
Anything else is just a sideshow

What happens when people are priced out of going?
That attitude would have seen the club die at the hands of Belloti, Archer and Stanley.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When will people realize that we are no longer the little club that has everybody having their say and being friends of the board. We are now a major business with ambition to progress even more and obviously there is a price to pay for that. Either jump on the bus or get off now before it costs you more money personally I am prepared to jump on the bus to achieve something.

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
I think it's a disgrace the way GG's have been dumped, it would seem Paul Barber has absolutely no connection with the fans whatsoever, Vancouver must have had a f***ing big party when he boarded the plane back to England

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A disgraceful decision by Mr Barber of BHAFC to axe Gully's Girls.

If you bothered to check you would see all the work they did and supported the REMF games for years on end, without pay, because they wanted to support the Charity. A shameful decision and Jo Wilson in particular has every right to feel very pissed off.

They also wanted to donate all of the profits from the Gully's Girls 2012 calender to the REMF as it is a cause they believed in and wanted to support. This made over £ 600 profit for the REMF.

Your decision means Gully's Girls will not be at REMF 12.

Do some research Mr Barber before you make decisions for us !

I thought they'd been replaced with something a lot more inclusive? Surely a good thing especially if you want to put a fund raising angle on it?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When will people realize that we are no longer the little club that has everybody having their say and being friends of the board. We are now a major business with ambition to progress even more and obviously there is a price to pay for that. Either jump on the bus or get off now before it costs you more money personally I am prepared to jump on the bus to achieve something.
As the old saying goes ' Don't knock those you used to need on the way up, because you will sure need them on the way down '

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apart from getting rid of Gullys Girls, which I don't particularly disagree with, what has he done wrong? He got rid of Azure which was a great decision

Couldn't have put it better myself. Clearly the matchday ticket sales policy needs to be looked at, but I'm pretty happy with him to be honest.

*target for abuse*

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
And for the non season ticket holders?

£28 in the south stand
And with north east & west corners going in more seats available at probably £28 region
Why do people assume the prices are gonna go up & up & up
It's just doom & gloom all the time
£28 is a fair price for entertaining championship football
Admittedly £37 in east upper is pricey

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here