Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For the attention of Mr Barber

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was talking to a coach from A.I.T.C, they have been told in no uncertain terms that they must now make a profit from running their courses whereas before they could break even! so if they don't either raise their prices or recruit more kids they will stop running unprofitable ones, these are usually the ones from more underprivileged areas.

I hope this is not true, I really do.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Negative to us but for his remit to earn extra profit you have to say he is doing what employed to.

Don't get me wrong , the bloke is damaging our club but he is only doing what he is employed to do as much as it pisses (me) and everyone off

But I can't see anything he has done to maximise revenue ( and I hate that word maximise - it suggests wringing every single last penny out of loyal fans ). All he appears to have done is alienate fans with no resultant increase in revenue.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Also, have the pre match dance troup been totally axed or are we just talking about the fact that there are a couple of blokes included now??

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just to remind everyone, Barber works for Tony Bloom!!!!!

Agreed but Tony Bloom has far more leaway for mistakes given his huge investment - Barber is nothing short of a hatchet man.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was talking to a coach from A.I.T.C, they have been told in no uncertain terms that they must now make a profit from running their courses whereas before they could break even! so if they don't either raise their prices or recruit more kids they will stop running unprofitable ones, these are usually the ones from more underprivileged areas.

God I hope this isn't true.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Agreed but Tony Bloom has far more leaway for mistakes given his huge investment - Barber is nothing short of a hatchet man.

The George Osbourne of BHAFC.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
But I can't see anything he has done to maximise revenue ( and I hate that word maximise - it suggests wringing every single last penny out of loyal fans ). All he appears to have done is alienate fans with no resultant increase in revenue.

maximise is a direct quote from Barbers interview the other day.

Pretty much every negative thing to the fans that he has implemtented will be making us more profit than before. It's not right though

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

He has given Azure the boot :O

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I do wonder if that is true or as cast iron as you suggest or have been lead to believe.

I am involved in a charitable organisation offering courses and we endeavour to ensure that heavy losses are obviated by linking programmes but also ensure that staff dont commit us to losses just by being lazy in the way they manage courses. This seems very much the same thing.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
A disgraceful decision by Mr Barber of BHAFC to axe Gully's Girls.

If you bothered to check you would see all the work they did and supported the REMF games for years on end, without pay, because they wanted to support the Charity. A shameful decision and Jo Wilson in particular has every right to feel very pissed off.

They also wanted to donate all of the profits from the Gully's Girls 2012 calender to the REMF as it is a cause they believed in and wanted to support. This made over £ 600 profit for the REMF.

Your decision means Gully's Girls will not be at REMF 12.

Do some research Mr Barber before you make decisions for us !
:clap::clap: hear hear

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bring back Ken Brown.

Jimmy Grimble

Apart from getting rid of Gullys Girls, which I don't particularly disagree with, what has he done wrong? He got rid of Azure which was a great decision

This.

Some of the hyperbole 'Barber Out' stuff is quite clearly tongue-in-cheek, but I can't actually tell if some of the more subtle digs he's getting are genuine or not.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Apart from getting rid of Gullys Girls, which I don't particularly disagree with, what has he done wrong? He got rid of Azure which was a great decision

It is because he disreprected the fans and the heartbeat of the club, from tough times. This is not a catering franchise it is real people who gave their all for the club, the REMF and numerous other good causes in their spare time without profit or the bottom line as an agenda who were shat on and I find that very disapointing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here