Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

For attendance fans

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
...but it makes it less enjoyable experience, and a less admirable football club, when people don't sing.

Would prefer 10,000 people who rocked the place, than 28,000 who sit like they would in a library.

If you would prefer 10,000 gates then you wouldn't be watching a team that is 6th in the Championship, it wouldn't be financially sustainable. Every fan is a valuable fan. the fans have a part to play for sure, but we pay to be entertained and the players should be motivated to put in a shift before the whistle is blown to start the match.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
...but it makes it less enjoyable experience, and a less admirable football club, when people don't sing.

Would prefer 10,000 people who rocked the place, than 28,000 who sit like they would in a library.

You carry on preferring, you always see the downside of anything.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Strongly disagree, I think the fans have a profound influence on the teams performance. Players say it, even Gus says it - and to many of us it's clearly obvious. Fans are the 12th man, but this season Brighton fans have been absolutely shocking at home and it has definitely contributed to our below par home record.

Right, let us get away from frivolous insults, where do you sit?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sounded all right on the stream I had. And the commentator kept raving about the noise - he even said something along the lines of 'so many new stadiums are sterile - this one certainly isn't'.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Sounded all right on the stream I had. And the commentator kept raving about the noise - he even said something along the lines of 'so many new stadiums are sterile - this one certainly isn't'.

And this is what makes me laugh when i read the likes of Mustafa Kemals posts on atmosphere. They clearly never attend away games. Its not just new grounds that generally tend to be sterile either, its commonplace up and down the country. English fans are reactive to what's going on on the pitch, always have been. Which i quite like. It is a shame that all seated stadia has contributed to the decline of atmosphere inside grounds, id love to see safe standing introduced, but in the meantime all seated stadiums + football being a far more family affair thesedays has led to the atmosphere the vast majority of grounds being rather sterile. The Amex is nowere near the worst. Mustafa Kemal can do one

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
And this is what makes me laugh when i read the likes of Mustafa Kemals posts on atmosphere. They clearly never attend away games. Its not just new grounds that generally tend to be sterile either, its commonplace up and down the country. English fans are reactive to what's going on on the pitch, always have been. Which i quite like. It is a shame that all seated stadia has contributed to the decline of atmosphere inside grounds, id love to see safe standing introduced, but in the meantime all seated stadiums + football being a far more family affair thesedays has led to the atmosphere the vast majority of grounds being rather sterile. The Amex is nowere near the worst. Mustafa Kemal can do one

Well said sir

I didn't sit there like I was in a library,you may have done but I had a good old Lord Mayor!
Don't judge the rest of us by your own dull standards!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
but i'm not renewing because of the poor atmosphere! How will that help:shrug:

Don't wish to be harsh but they will fill that seat irrespective of whether you renew.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Strongly disagree, I think the fans have a profound influence on the teams performance. Players say it, even Gus says it - and to many of us it's clearly obvious. Fans are the 12th man, but this season Brighton fans have been absolutely shocking at home and it has definitely contributed to our below par home record.

Players who earn £000's every week "need" the crowd? Try again, I pay to watch not to "get" professional footballers "up for it". I like many wrote letters, went on matches and fought for our own stadium. I would suggest that if the players and manager can't raise themselves and perform to a decent level then 1) they really aren't very good at what they do or 2) they don't deserve to be associated with our club.

I will sing when I decide to, when I'm not ashamed of the utter rubbish that was on display today. Maybe just maybe those overpaid "footballers" didn't deserve it today

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Seemed weird we were at our uncapped capacity , yet the attendance was lower then the P*l*ce game.

The Nigels were allowed to being their own stewards :lol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Players who earn £000's every week "need" the crowd? Try again, I pay to watch not to "get" professional footballers "up for it". I like many wrote letters, went on matches and fought for our own stadium. I would suggest that if the players and manager can't raise themselves and perform to a decent level then 1) they really aren't very good at what they do or 2) they don't deserve to be associated with our club.

I will sing when I decide to, when I'm not ashamed of the utter rubbish that was on display today. Maybe just maybe those overpaid "footballers" didn't deserve it today

Exactly. To which I'd add that the experience of a football match is such that it can inspire the full range of human emotion, from amusement to nervousness to excitement to despair to boredom to ecstacy. People who want a carnival atmosphere from start to finish should go to a carnival. People who want the full range of emotion a football match can bring should go to the football.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Share a season ticket in WSU, today was in ESU - why ?

You sat in ESU and moan about atmosphere?

Right, gonna get flamed now, but Google it.

Today's younger footy fans would be knocked unconscious by a proper atmosphere. I was in the Goldstone north stand from around 1980 to 1995 on a weekly basis as far as poss. Today's north stand can come on NSC all they like and talk about singing, they have not got a Scooby doo.

From WSL south end they are rarely heard, just a mumble in the background. Maybe we need to encourage people from the north to move to the southwest and really goad the away mob, we try but are small in number.

Albion fans need to grow some balls, we are one of the most sterile atmospheres in the whole of the football league.

Been in the north at the Goldstone for Norwich FA Cup, Manure, Palace, and many many others, as much as it was good, it never matched the seriously big atmosphere of other grounds, so please don't preach about atmosphere and singing.

LETS ALL MOVE TO SW NEXT YEAR!

but i'm not renewing because of the poor atmosphere! How will that help:shrug:

Says everything about you, not the crowd.

Moving on - today and against Charlton when the Albion got a head of steam up the crowd atmosphere was electric- unfortunately , as a side , we don't often attack sides for prolonged periods of time. When we do the noise is amazing.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
“Today was a poor first half from the standard that I was expecting from this game and there was nothing to get the fans up for it. We threw everything at it during the second half though when there was a little more space but they scored from a throw-in."

From Gus, first line sums it up perfectly for me

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.

Yup, have to agree.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here