Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football's Suicide Secret

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought it was a good programme and CC come across as a genuine guy to me. I agree with HT that a lot of " celebs " jump on the bandwagon and the lines become blurred and they do no favour to the debate. I do not agree with HWT but he posted with civility which is always nice instead of the usual binfest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure you can say that without having seen the programme. I thought it gave a very clear insight into the clinical depression, and highlighted the gaps in the PFA's duty of care in supporting the players, simply due to their lack of knowledge.

I did point out I did not see the programme and was guessing. Did it give a clear insight? From my experience similar progs rarely do. What did it say? Did it explain the different types? How it's diagnosed etc? I am sure it did highlight gaps in the PFA but this is not the thrust of my post. If last night's programe did answer a lot of the publics questions then fine and well done.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Will try and see this on catch up if it is available.

A Life too Short:The Tragdey of Robert Enke is a book I would strongly recommend to anyone who has not read it.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Will try and see this on catch up if it is available.

A Life too Short:The Tragdey of Robert Enke is a book I would strongly recommend to anyone who has not read it.

Agreed , both the book and last nights show were a tough read and watch for me , I struggled big time for a while with the black dog and last year finally took it head on so massive respect to those actually dealing with it still.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
A different sport, but Marcus Trescothick's autobiography is a really informative read about his battle with depression and the treatment he had. His sport of cricket has had a number of suicides over the years, the father of current England cricketer Jonny Bairstow being one that immediately springs to mind.

Didn't see last night's programme, but did see it trailed. Will try and catch it on iPlayer in due course. It is very complex subject and unfortunately, I think it is difficult to fully appreciate the condition unless you are the person who is actually living with it on a daily basis.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought it was a good programme and CC come across as a genuine guy to me. I agree with HT that a lot of " celebs " jump on the bandwagon and the lines become blurred and they do no favour to the debate. I do not agree with HWT but he posted with civility which is always nice instead of the usual binfest.

Just checking the outcome of the thread. Thanks for that. Appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here