Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football tonight

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"We're seeing TV pictures of PSG backroom staff members packing things away and there are reports in France that the Istanbul players do not want to come back out and play."

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
It’s either deliberately racist or a grossly inept and shocking misuse of language D21EA74A-C309-4E1F-BA59-0F0BF0E06604.jpeg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Town destroyed massive tonight!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seeing a lot of narrative that Mina Raiola got Pogba dropped tonight. Came off the bench with half an hour to go, and ALMOST rescued the game.

Lovely stuff.

Lovely.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
How was that a penalty to Man Ure?

I was worried you might have thought my strong language was directed towards you. I've never ever sworn at anyone on here and never would.

United knocked out. Brilliant! Chelsea were in an incredibly easy group. Drew tonight and have still finished top.

UEFA have got huge problems now. It's so corrupt anyway. Probably the Romanian fourth official's palm hadn't been greased. From watching it, Istanbul did the right thing in walking off. From the evidence it's very clear what Demba Ba was called. Disgusting.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It’s either deliberately racist or a grossly inept and shocking misuse of language View attachment 131231

Debatable.

If they have a staff of six or seven guys and you dont know the name of any of them and only one of them is black, is it racist to describe him as "the black guy" when pointing out which one of the staff members that were about to be sent off?

I guess its racist if you believe that being black is bad or if you really want to.

Wikipedia:
"Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another."

In what way is "he's black" or "he's white" racist?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The Turkish president has made a statement asking Uefa to intervene and condemning what has happened. Right now, as it stands, this game doesn't look as though it will be played tonight.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was worried you might have thought my strong language was directed towards you. I've never ever sworn at anyone on here and never would.

United knocked out. Brilliant! Chelsea were in an incredibly easy group. Drew tonight and have still finished top.

UEFA have got huge problems now. It's so corrupt anyway. Probably the Romanian fourth official's palm hadn't been greased. From watching it, Istanbul did the right thing in walking off. From the evidence it's very clear what Demba Ba was called. Disgusting.

Demba Ba wasnt called anything.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It’s either deliberately racist or a grossly inept and shocking misuse of language View attachment 131231

Career over, well done to the two clubs for taking a stand, that sort of language from an official us shocking. Only way we eliminate this is by decisive actions like those taken tonight in abandoning the game.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Career over, well done to the two clubs for taking a stand, that sort of language from an official us shocking. Only way we eliminate this is by decisive actions like those taken tonight in abandoning the game.
It hasn't officially been called off, yet

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Debatable.

If they have a staff of six or seven guys and you dont know the name of any of them and only one of them is black, is it racist to describe him as "the black guy" when pointing out which one of the staff members that were about to be sent off?

I guess its racist if you believe that being black is bad or if you really want to.

Wikipedia:
"Racism is the belief that groups of humans possess different behavioral traits corresponding to physical appearance and can be divided based on the superiority of one race over another."

Sorry, but that is ridiculous. Implies that there is no way of drawing attention to the 5 white guys. It is a lack of respect.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Demba Ba wasnt called anything.

Pierre Webo was the victim. I hope they refuse to play the remainder of the game. That would send out the strongest message to UEFA.

Apologies for naming the wrong player. Just so angry that he was subjected to personal racist abuse.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Debatable.

Wikipedia:

I do think there is something in what youre saying. A quick Google search suggests that negru does mean black in Romanian. Therefore, if he did say 'the black guy', that isn't being racist in my book... Not very clever perhaps, and I can certainly understand why the players walked off, but not intentionally racist...

We'll see anyway, will certainly hold my hands up if I'm wrong

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sorry, but that is ridiculous. Implies that there is no way of drawing attention to the 5 white guys. It is a lack of respect.

If there was five black guys and one white guy and the white guy made a mess, its pretty realistic to believe that he would have been referred to as "the white guy". If one of the coaches is 65 and the others are 35, it could have been "the old guy", or if 5 had hair and one was bald it could have been "the bald guy".

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I do think there is something in what youre saying. A quick Google search suggests that negru does mean black in Romanian. Therefore, if he did say 'the black guy', that isn't being racist in my book...

:facepalm: If you’re refereeing at the highest level in Europe, there is NO excuse for not being aware of what terms all different nationalities Might find offensive, for a 4th official to use such language is at best highly unprofessional and at worst, well you know what. Why even refer to his race? Uncalled for and with the highly sensitive nature of racial issues at the moment it’s pure stupidity. Ignorance is no excuse.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"This game isn't going to continue tonight, it's been abandoned."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here