Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football tonight

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
yes moosh , i am well aware of that , racism is also prevalent in countries not white in culture ......it's just the ****ing way it is unfortunately.....:mad:

some of you turkeys on here think racism is a one way street .....ffs pluck yer head out of yer arse.

You're right e.g. some Middle Eastern nations treat blacks/Indians poorly, as second class citizens and worse.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
False equivalence is tempting but dangerous.

Of course there are many forms of racism, prevalent around the world. And always have been.

But in terms of the impact of racism - in the way that global society and the global economy works, in terms of individual opportunities and day to day individual experience - it has been overwhelmingly in one direction. The impacts of industrial slavery and colonialism (powered by deliberate racist propaganda) are simpy not comparable to any other processes in history. At least not in the last few hundred years.

BLM is based on that truth, and the need to overcome the longstanding resistance from those that find it uncomfortable.

plenty of black , white , brown , yellow dickheads out there mate ......i notice the Saudi's are not heavily bagged for their treatment of Nepalese , Philipono, Bangladeshi , Nigerian or Ghanaian workers .......prrrrffft , doesn't suit the current agenda eh ..? black lads i know are frankly embarrassed by all this bollocks , we were actually getting on ok before some dumb American pig choked a black guy out live on hi definition film ....ding dong .....wakey wakey , blm , covid, smoke and mirrors ....., American , Australian , British , German , French , Belgian , Brazilian and just about any other billionaires/ politicians you can think of have at least doubled their wealth since March . all lining their pockets .....it's the biggest and most blatant rip off in the history of modern media .......

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
plenty of black , white , brown , yellow dickheads out there mate ......i notice the Saudi's are not heavily bagged for their treatment of Nepalese , Philipono, Bangladeshi , Nigerian or Ghanaian workers .......prrrrffft , doesn't suit the current agenda eh ..? black lads i know are frankly embarrassed by all this bollocks , we were actually getting on ok before some dumb American pig choked a black guy out live on hi definition film ....ding dong .....wakey wakey , blm , covid, smoke and mirrors ....., American , Australian , British , German , French , Belgian , Brazilian and just about any other billionaires/ politicians you can think of have at least doubled their wealth since March . all lining their pockets .....it's the biggest and most blatant rip off in the history of modern media .......

OK...

Please imagine me as virtually backing away slowly, whilst looking for an escape route.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
‘Him’ would have sufficed.

Him is quite hard to identify if there is a group of people and you aren't going to point them out. I don't think its right, but people are usually identified by their differences if you don't know someones name. how are you going to point someone out? the tall guy, the short guy, the bald guy, the ginger guy etc I find myself thinking I probably may have made the same mistake on the spot probably a bit flustered.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Him is quite hard to identify if there is a group of people and you aren't going to point them out. I don't think its right, but people are usually identified by their differences if you don't know someones name. how are you going to point someone out? the tall guy, the short guy, the bald guy, the ginger guy etc I find myself thinking I probably may have made the same mistake on the spot probably a bit flustered.

You aren’t refereeing a match at the highest level of European football full of players of all different ethnicities and backgrounds though. I know what you mean, and perhaps the Romanian referee did use the word in a way that wasn’t MEANT to be racist but given the racial issues being raised at the moment, referees are paid enough money to be aware of what terms are offensive.

If this were to happen in an office and someone in charge pointed someone out by saying ‘that black guy who sits over there’ regardless of whether it’s meant to be offensive you can understand a black man feeling upset about it, and rightly so.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You aren’t refereeing a match at the highest level of European football full of players of all different ethnicities and backgrounds though. I know what you mean, and perhaps the Romanian referee did use the word in a way that wasn’t MEANT to be racist but given the racial issues being raised at the moment, referees are paid enough money to be aware of what terms are offensive.

If this were to happen in an office and someone in charge pointed someone out by saying ‘that black guy who sits over there’ regardless of whether it’s meant to be offensive you can understand a black man feeling upset about it, and rightly so.

I understand your point but again you can point him out using a visual. If you are doing this over a headset its a lot harder.

But I agree surely people are aware that the words used last night could be seen as racist.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I understand your point but again you can point him out using a visual. If you are doing this over a headset its a lot harder.

But I agree surely people are aware that the words used last night could be seen as racist.

From what I’ve seen they spoke in Romanian to each other?

I’m not sure they even considered it?

I’m also in the camp of it’s not racist, just misguided and very poorly worded.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
“But playing devil’s advocate, it’s difficult, because if we’re in a room like we are now, and someone says ‘the black person’ or ‘the black one’, I wouldn’t take offence to that, so without knowing the context the word was used, it’s easy to jump on either bandwagon."

Micah Richards, the voice of reason.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
VAR penalty just given against Liverpool, but attacker looked offside when the ball was played to him. Another bizarre one as looks like only the foul was reviewed.......the lino had flagged offside too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here