Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football tonight

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
If the Berlin wall was still standing with grim communism in Leipzig, Eastern Germany, the headline tomorrow by the Sun would be:

It's Iron Curtains For Solskjaer

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
There’s no excuse for the language, I don’t care what the word means in Romanian if you’re refereeing a champions league game in Europe you should be well aware of what terms can be construed as offensive. Well done to them for walking off.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There’s no excuse for the language, I don’t care what the word means in Romanian if you’re refereeing a champions league game in Europe you should be well aware of what terms can be construed as offensive. Well done to them for walking off.

Yep...........and as Ba said, why did he even need to say ‘this black guy’....he wouldn’t have said ‘this white guy’.......

Bizarre scenes at the moment, players milling around in the tunnel doing keepy-uppies, no officials in sight and ground in complete silence. There’s no TV commentary either

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Doesn't matter. As long as a decent 50% of the highlights is the players taking the knee, I'm right on! Kicking a football around? - pfft.

At least, that is SSN's take.

Well played :clap2:

2nd post on a thread about tonight's football which opens with 'which game are you watching tonight?'

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I have no idea how they will sort out the PSG mess. I was watching it. The Turks were already feeling angry at the ref over some yellow cards, not helped by a PSG player doing the same kind of tackle and not getting one. Demba Ba must have asked the 4th official at least a dozen times "Why you say Negro?" Ba on the bench got a red but I'm not sure if that was before or because of the use of the word.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I have no idea how they will sort out the PSG mess. I was watching it. The Turks were already feeling angry at the ref over some yellow cards, not helped by a PSG player doing the same kind of tackle and not getting one. Demba Ba must have asked the 4th official at least a dozen times "Why you say Negro?" Ba on the bench got a red but I'm not sure if that was before or because of the use of the word.
"Basaksehir refusing to restart if the 4th official continues to participate in game as VAR official"

They got no one else to ref the VAR!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The referee involved in the PSG v Istanbul game tonight, is Ovidiu Hatogan .

He was the referee in charge of the 2014 between Cska Moscow and Manchester City where Yaya Toure was racially abused.
The official took no action on the night, even though the monkey chants were clearly audible, and EUFA subsequently partially closed CSKAs ground for one game.
The referee faced no further action.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
PSG refusing to carry on unless UEFA issue an apology

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here