Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Managers that you LIKE

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Martinez
Strachan
Bruce

All seem decent men.

Had Chelsea TV a while ago and used to watch their managers press conference and Ancelotti came across well.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He might have the sympathy vote now after the way he was treated at Cardiff, but I recall him being a whiny sod when he was at Watford. Mind you, that might have been because he was at Watford.

Myself, I quite like Gordon Strachan and Mark McGhee. Good that they're working together now.

I like Gordon Strachan for his absolute honesty in interviews. I remember a post match interview when he was asked what went wrong after a heavy defeat, he replied "We were rubbish today, and got what we deserved."

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I like Roy Hodgson - always comes across as an intelligent, decent chap.

Lots of love for Roberto Martinez on this thread too - can't disagree with that at all...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fair enough. I keep an open mind on these things, and he has been a great listen on talkSPORT. Mind you, he is presenting next to Alan Brazil, so most of us would sound good by comparison as well.

Agree, he is a good listen.

Certainly better than Cork and Ginola

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'd agree wth Hill, McCarthy, Powell, Wenger and Martinez.

I like Sean Dsyche as well, did a good job at Watford, and an excellent one at Burnley at the mo.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I like Gordon Strachan for his absolute honesty in interviews. I remember a post match interview when he was asked what went wrong after a heavy defeat, he replied "We were rubbish today, and got what we deserved."

'Gordon can I ask you for a quick word?'
'Velocity'

One of the better quotes out there.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Brendan Rodgers
Roberto Martinez
I used to despise Steve Bruce, but he seems to have mellowed recently.
Martin Jol seems like a great bloke.
I met Avram Grant while I was on holiday a couple of years ago. Seemed like a nice bloke.
Also met Gus a couple of years ago. Didn't seem like his public persona, was not arrogant or self obsessed at all.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Martinez, Rodgers ,Wenger, Bruce, and one who isn't a manager anymore, Stuart Pierce, rubbish manager, but a top bloke, and a bit bonkers

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Poyet
Adams
Slade
Taylor
Clough
Cotteril
Wilson
Barker
Pearson
Powell
Lambert
Martinez

Goes against my grain but I don't hate Solskjaer as a manager despite him being an ex-Manc Scum
Controversial but I genuinely like Mourinho , a great Anti-Ferguson :)

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Now in the office suites, but Dario Gradi...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here