Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2013

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I have played every version of FM/CM and this is the second happiest Ive ever been with the game. I really dont understand your opinion, based on a few months of one season of playing. Unless you want the game to be really easy it will probably be well into the new year before your crack the right tactic... its always been like that unless you cheat. The only real difference with other years is that this year there are a a lot less loopholes so plug and play tactics are less effective.

I do not want it to be easy but i do expect it to play well and it does not. I now have had 16 Injuries. 14 of them have been a month or more. Ridiculous. I am not even employing agressive training or playing tactics

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I find this to be the best and most realistic version yet of the game, an d I have played them all

Yes it's more difficult and there is the odd defect (can't say I have had many injuries in my game) but for realism it's superb

Never use the 3d engine so can't comment on that - always prefer the 2d one

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I find this to be the best and most realistic version yet of the game, an d I have played them all

Yes it's more difficult and there is the odd defect (can't say I have had many injuries in my game) but for realism it's superb

Never use the 3d engine so can't comment on that - always prefer the 2d one

I probably need to show more patience with it but either I am unlucky with injuries or the game is a bit harsh. Struggling with tactics and formations though

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I probably need to show more patience with it but either I am unlucky with injuries or the game is a bit harsh. Struggling with tactics and formations though

I've played each year's FM including this year, and the CM series before it, and have never suffered a run of injuries like you have had. Definitely pursue it playing it, it's always good fun tinkering around to find a tactic that works.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I've played each year's FM including this year, and the CM series before it, and have never suffered a run of injuries like you have had. Definitely pursue it playing it, it's always good fun tinkering around to find a tactic that works.

I must be desperately unlucky then! I May delve in more with with set up and see how I get on. I take it you can real download transfer updates on the game

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I must be desperately unlucky then! I May delve in more with with set up and see how I get on. I take it you can real download transfer updates on the game

I think you have been very, very unlucky.

If you have game through Steam, an automatic Janaury transfers update will be happen as soon as it comes out. If you have a look on some of the FM forums, there are unofficial updates periodically created by other users. You can also download extra leagues, tactical systems created by other players and training regimes.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Just finished first season finishing 2nd to wolves. Good start to season mixing between 1st and 3rd place. Had poor drop in form from late feb and flew down to 8th. Won all of my last 8 though and charged up to 2nd in the last 2 minutes of the season... Thanks to Number 9!!!! (still ashley...)

Best signing easily Libor Kozak, a young Czech Republic target man from lazio. Cost me most my budget (approx £2m) but scored 30 in all comps with a month out injured too. Loads of assists for Barnes and Macheda (on loan) who switched the other strike role. Played Orlandi in as a bbm with delap replacing Hammond as the bwm when I got him in on loan. Played Lopez, Buckley and Orlandi down the wings for certain games as a 4-5-1 or a narrow diamond 4-4-2 with one of them as an AM. Lopez is really good on the game loads of assists and goals from free kicks. Bruno also managed to get loads of assists from crosses down the right.

CMS was useless all season, sold Dobbie and Hoskins in Jan as they were useless. El-Abd went too for £1m as his contract demands were ridiculous and was out of contract at end of season. Signed Khatari (spelling?) who rotated with Greer and Dunk as their fitness was poor all season. Lost Calde, Casper, Dicker and Vicente as they signed end of contract transfers straight away in Jan! Buckley had storming run to end of season in an AM role and now valued at £5m. Lualua just plays as a sub at the end running full backs ragged.

-----------------Koosh

Bruno - El-abd -- Greer - Bridge (Bridge injured often so signed Spurs' Adam Smith as backup or Calde.)

---------Crofts (Bridcutt tore ligaments first game of season out till december. Back for 2 games breaks foot 5 months...)

--- Hammond/Delap - Orlandi

---------------Lopez (buckley took over towards end of season, could move Barnes or Orlandi to LM and Lopez RM for more att/def)

------Barnes/Macheda ---- Kozak

Already signed Mattia Destro at end of his contract to play up front. Only 22 but potential to be one of best strikers in world for free!! Signed Vladmir Weiss (RAM) for free too. Also Jenas, Mudingayi, Ospina (young GK better than Koosh!) for free. Signed John Arne Riise from fulham who were relegated for £2m after bridge went back. currently looking at Alberto Botia and Rafael Toloi as CB's about £2m each. Signed Macheda on loan again just so he didnt go to someone else. Utd want £11m for him tho otherwise would get permanently. Had about £12m to spend on transfers, though turned out less after adjusting for wages. Couple of key players on almost £40k a week!

Just had Kozak and Destro out for a month missing first few games of season leaving me with Barnes and Macheda as only strikers!! Looking to get a small quick striker to play off Kozak similar to defoe, spent all my budget so going to prove tricky! Could also do with a Left Winger too as Lualua is my only natural one currently.

Intriguing the values of the current players after that season. Buckley already mentioned at £5m purely for the end of season form. Barnes is £4m. Lualua, Orlandi, Bridcutt, Dunk and Crofts all varying between £3-4m.

Found it interesting that the club were given £50m in tv revenue for the season. Obviously might not be 100% accurate but the games usually reliable with this sort of thing. Another bonus of going up would be that sort of income the club would receive!!

Oh and the addictiveness is setting in as usual........................

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Just finished first season finishing 2nd to wolves. Good start to season mixing between 1st and 3rd place. Had poor drop in form from late feb and flew down to 8th. Won all of my last 8 though and charged up to 2nd in the last 2 minutes of the season... Thanks to Number 9!!!! (still ashley on my game..)

Best signing easily Libor Kozak, a young Czech Republic target man from lazio. Cost me most my budget (approx £2m) but scored 30 in all comps with a month out injured too. Loads of assists for Barnes and Macheda (on loan) who switched the other strike role. Played Orlandi in as a bbm with delap replacing Hammond as the bwm when I got him in on loan. Played Lopez, Buckley and Orlandi down the wings for certain games as a 4-5-1 or a narrow diamond 4-4-2 with one of them as an AM. Lopez is really good on the game loads of assists and goals from free kicks. Bruno also managed to get loads of assists from crosses down the right.

CMS was useless all season, sold Dobbie and Hoskins in Jan as they were useless. El-Abd went too for £1m as his contract demands were ridiculous and was out of contract at end of season. Signed Khatari (spelling?) who rotated with Greer and Dunk as their fitness was poor all season. Lost Calde, Casper, Dicker and Vicente as they signed end of contract transfers straight away in Jan! Buckley had storming run to end of season in an AM role and now valued at £5m. Lualua just plays as a sub at the end running full backs ragged.

-----------------Koosh

Bruno - El-abd -- Greer - Bridge (Bridge injured often so signed Spurs' Adam Smith as backup or Calde.)

---------Crofts (Bridcutt tore ligaments first game of season out till december. Back for 2 games breaks foot 5 months...)

--- Hammond/Delap - Orlandi

---------------Lopez (buckley took over towards end of season, could move Barnes or Orlandi to LM and Lopez RM for more att/def)

------Barnes/Macheda ---- Kozak

Already signed Mattia Destro at end of his contract to play up front. Only 22 but potential to be one of best strikers in world for free!! Signed Vladmir Weiss (RAM) for free too. Also Jenas, Mudingayi, Ospina (young GK better than Koosh!) for free. Signed John Arne Riise from fulham who were relegated for £2m after bridge went back. currently looking at Alberto Botia and Rafael Toloi as CB's about £2m each. Signed Macheda on loan again just so he didnt go to someone else. Utd want £11m for him tho otherwise would get permanently. Had about £12m to spend on transfers, though turned out less after adjusting for wages. Couple of key players on almost £40k a week!

Just had Kozak and Destro out for a month missing first few games of season leaving me with Barnes and Macheda as only strikers!! Looking to get a small quick striker to play off Kozak similar to defoe, spent all my budget so going to prove tricky! Could also do with a Left Winger too as Lualua is my only natural one currently.

Intriguing the values of the current players after that season. Buckley already mentioned at £5m purely for the end of season form. Barnes is £4m. Lualua, Orlandi, Bridcutt, Dunk and Crofts all varying between £3-4m.

Found it interesting that the club were given £50m in tv revenue for the season. Obviously might not be 100% accurate but the games usually reliable with this sort of thing. Another bonus of going up would be that sort of income the club would receive!!

Oh and the addictiveness is setting in as usual........................

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I think you have been very, very unlucky.

If you have game through Steam, an automatic Janaury transfers update will be happen as soon as it comes out. If you have a look on some of the FM forums, there are unofficial updates periodically created by other users. You can also download extra leagues, tactical systems created by other players and training regimes.

Yes it seems to be linked with Steam. So far I have tried keeping with same tactics / formations for a length of games with no joy. But also had same issue trying to Taylor it game by game depending on scout report. I have however got a new Physio and sacked Nathan Ring and the injuries have calmed down a wee bit but not much.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Yes it seems to be linked with Steam. So far I have tried keeping with same tactics / formations for a length of games with no joy. But also had same issue trying to Taylor it game by game depending on scout report. I have however got a new Physio and sacked Nathan Ring and the injuries have calmed down a wee bit but not much.

Are you training the players too intensively? That might be the issue.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I loaded the extra leagues in England, taking me down to regional county level. I decided to start a game with FC United of Manchester and am currently mid-way through my 3rd season in charge.

- 1st Season: Won the Northern Premier League.

- 2nd Season: Finished 4th in Blue Square North and won the Play-off Final.

- 3rd Season: Currently sitting 6th, just outside the Play-off Zone, in Blue Square Premier.

I used a 4-2-2-2 formation for the first couple of seasons, but found that I was conceding far too many goals for my liking. Since gaining promotion to the BSP, I have switched to a 4-1-2-3 system, with the DM giving a bit more protection to my back four. Amongst my current strikeforce there is none other than ex-Palace striker Alan Lee and our own poisoned dwarf, Leon Knight. To be fair to both of them, they are absolutely tearing the division apart.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Well it as not been set to heavy training so i do not think so

I had a similar issue. Only bought it the other day as it was cheap on Steam and most of my starting 11 were massively injured during the first two pre-season friendlies. I just restarted, really no point in continuing that save with most of the team out with broken legs!

So far I'm not really enjoying this iteration. Maybe I'm too used to FM2012 but this one just seems to do things to annoy me. For instance, I've set every single outfield player to rarely take long shots, to pass the ball around and to play through the oppo defence. Why, then, is Gordon effing Greer taking potshots from outside the box?!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I had a similar issue. Only bought it the other day as it was cheap on Steam and most of my starting 11 were massively injured during the first two pre-season friendlies. I just restarted, really no point in continuing that save with most of the team out with broken legs!

So far I'm not really enjoying this iteration. Maybe I'm too used to FM2012 but this one just seems to do things to annoy me. For instance, I've set every single outfield player to rarely take long shots, to pass the ball around and to play through the oppo defence. Why, then, is Gordon effing Greer taking potshots from outside the box?!

Christ, i wish he was that good in real life :) Sounds like you have been as unlucky as me then!! Quite shocked at how bad the match engine graphics is though(bear in mind i have never played it before). I may restart my game with a lower leage side. How do you download a regional league to add on to my existing choices that someone mentioned earlier

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
For those of you struggling with FM take a trip to the FM community because FM really IS different this year. Plug and Play tactics no longer work. Now the best way is to build a simple tactic with the tactic creator and use tweaks and shouts during games. Its more a managing expereince and although takes longer is much more rewarding. In my first season I twice won games 5-2 after being 2-0 in the first 30 mins due to my in-game changes. That had never happened before in twenty years playing.

This might be my issue. Just saying but I nearly always get from Conf S to Prem (5 promotions) in 6 years...... always have one season where something goes wrong, loose in play-offs or your budget is literally 15% of rest of the league. This time round as Eastbourne coasted BSS but then came 3rd and failed in BSP second year (lost FA trophy in final) and am now struggling to hold onto 6th at Xmas so thus outside play-offs. I was convinced it was down to playing on classic mode as I've always thought in previous versions there were many games I ONLY won because of team talk or talking to press etc. none of which is in it. People are right about a lot of injuries too :(

Team is rather young but have to go that way climbing leagues rapidly so can attract players who are good enough (cannot get current good players but half season starting and youngsters tend to be far better than players you could attract to your club) plus still working on smallest budget in division by a fair way depite +1M profit last season. Sure I might turn it around and win play-offs but starting to worry and think might start a full game as Brighton.

Also worth an ask in first season in BSP (I came 3rd) Dagenham won league by about 20 points, this season half way through and Gillingham are 17 points clear of anyone else at Xmas having only drawn once. Have people found that amazing teams get relegated and then dick on everyone? Also frustrating when lower half teams pay couple grand wages and you can offer 400 quid. Have found I got far more transfer funds than previous versions (maybe more profit due to harsh wage cap last season) but it instantly gets pumped into wages so I can re-sign half the squad and a couple of free transfers.

Assuming I haven't set tactics deeply enough but hard on classic mode to fiddle too much other than the usual stuff

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Christ, i wish he was that good in real life :) Sounds like you have been as unlucky as me then!! Quite shocked at how bad the match engine graphics is though(bear in mind i have never played it before). I may restart my game with a lower leage side. How do you download a regional league to add on to my existing choices that someone mentioned earlier

If you head over to Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats there's a downloads section on there which lets you get hold of custom leagues etc. I've not done it before personally so can't advise how they actually work! Also, its worth signing up for the forums on there. The mod team is very helpful and I think a couple of them actually work for SI so they're very knowledgeable.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If you head over to Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats there's a downloads section on there which lets you get hold of custom leagues etc. I've not done it before personally so can't advise how they actually work! Also, its worth signing up for the forums on there. The mod team is very helpful and I think a couple of them actually work for SI so they're very knowledgeable.

Thanks for that!! Will take a look later :)

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009

are you making them follow tactics rigidly, or allowing them the option to deviate from tactics? if so, that may be the reason why he see's fit to take shots

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here