Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2013

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Disagree. If you REALLY want the full football manager experience download the nine level database from the FM community and start with a team in Sussex County league 1 and take them to Europe. Im managing Rye United and weve just won the quadruple in our first season.... Sussex 1, Sussex Senir, Sussex Challenge and FA vase.

For those of you struggling with FM take a trip to the FM community because FM really IS different this year. Plug and Play tactics no longer work. Now the best way is to build a simple tactic with the tactic creator and use tweaks and shouts during games. Its more a managing expereince and although takes longer is much more rewarding. In my first season I twice won games 5-2 after being 2-0 in the first 30 mins due to my in-game changes. That had never happened before in twenty years playing.
how do i get it

Feb 21, 2009
Thanks SULLY COULDNT SHOOT, didnt know anyone would spend time doing this, could u please tell me how to access this once i download it as its not showing up on my FM game do i have to put it in a particular folder, cheers in advance

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Thanks SULLY COULDNT SHOOT, didnt know anyone would spend time doing this, could u please tell me how to access this once i download it as its not showing up on my FM game do i have to put it in a particular folder, cheers in advance

First make sure ypou have downloaded FM editor on your computer and opened it at least once. If you have done so then you will have an editor data folder in your FM2013 folder. Download to there and if you can see your downloaded database you're ready to go (and you can then also edit that file to make your club more realistic if you like). Then when you start new game you will see a little message at the bottom of the choose database box. It says 'editor data files'. This should have '1 in total' . If not the file has not been recognised. If that happens let me know. Then all you have to do is choose a sussex team from one of the lower divisions and away you go. However, be warned that if you do go down to sussex league 1 the team will be amateur and that means there will a regular turnover of players which you cant really control until you make the Isthmian league and you can go semi-pro.

Sit back and enjoy the sheer jumpers-for-goalposts feel!!!

Feb 21, 2009
Thank you v much will give it all a go!!! Will download editor before, have done so in the past just taken a while to get into this new FM as so much to do!! Thanks for the advice!!

Feb 21, 2009
Iv'e managed to get the download and place it in the FM editor in program files but do i have to open the editor and download it, coz its not showing when i start a new game. Thanks again Sully appreciate ur not an FM moderator, or recieving royalties :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
No HS..... dont place it in the fm editor.... place it in the editor files folder in the FM2013 folder in MY Documents NOT the FM editor folder

Nope dont get nothing except hours of FM enjoyment...

but if you want a Northern Cyprus database..... ;)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Has anyone got the iphone5 version yet? What's it like? I'm expecting it much the same as the last one but with updated stats.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Has anyone got the iphone5 version yet? What's it like? I'm expecting it much the same as the last one but with updated stats.

I have the other handheld version and can confirm this to be the case.

Good for passing the time on a commute though.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Utter waste of money. It is utter tripe. 11 injuries in 2 months ALL 4/5 weeks minimum and started the season with W0 D8 L0 and no matter what tactics / formation or players changes nothing makes any difference. truly awful game. The interface is shcoking as is th match engine. How anyone finds this game enjoyable is beyond me. £20 down the drain

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Utter waste of money. It is utter tripe. 11 injuries in 2 months ALL 4/5 weeks minimum and started the season with W0 D8 L0 and no matter what tactics / formation or players changes nothing makes any difference. truly awful game. The interface is shcoking as is th match engine. How anyone finds this game enjoyable is beyond me. £20 down the drain

use the wrong formation for your players = you will lose
keep chopping/changing tactics = you will lose

the match engine is weaker than past years but the patches have corrected most of this (except for excessive crosses leading to goals) but in terms of what you can do its the best by a mile. stick with it, once you get something working i assure you it'll get more enjoyable

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
use the wrong formation for your players = you will lose
keep chopping/changing tactics = you will lose

the match engine is weaker than past years but the patches have corrected most of this (except for excessive crosses leading to goals) but in terms of what you can do its the best by a mile. stick with it, once you get something working i assure you it'll get more enjoyable

I have not lost though. 8 Draws. The Injury thing is absolutely pathetic. 11 Injuries? Sorry but the fact that it is a game should draw you into enjoying it and i only get a sense of utter frustration from it. The match engine is like something from 1988. LMA Manager was more the other way in terms of difficulty but at least it was enjoyable and the match engine graphics were superb. If they made a more comprehensive version of that it would beat this shit hands down . Realistic? they must be having a laugh

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Its not the same for everyone. Im just about to celebrate my third promotion in three years with absolutely no cheating whatsoever.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Sing when you're winning eh....

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I have not lost though. 8 Draws. The Injury thing is absolutely pathetic. 11 Injuries? Sorry but the fact that it is a game should draw you into enjoying it and i only get a sense of utter frustration from it. The match engine is like something from 1988. LMA Manager was more the other way in terms of difficulty but at least it was enjoyable and the match engine graphics were superb. If they made a more comprehensive version of that it would beat this shit hands down . Realistic? they must be having a laugh

i have found that you get games where you seem to get a lot of injuries, but this can happen in real life so why wouldnt it happen in FM?

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Find their have been more injuries than previous FM's. Even Kooshack had 2 seperate spells out injured for me and Casper played over 20 games in my first season! I always had AT LEAST 7 players out injured. Vicente only played about 3 games the whole year so pretty realistic for him! Didn't try to extend his contract though.

Championship was very, very tight again, but 'Boro, Leeds and someone else went down first year. Whereas Wolves won the league, and the play offs had Shef Weds, Burnley, Blackburn and Barnsely in! (I finished 2nd somehow).

Annoyed me as soon as I tried to open contract negotiations with Greer, Kaz, Buckley, El-Abd etc they instatly wanted there wages like quadrapled or wouldn't sign! Very frustrating too that.

Found it unrealistic too that Dunk got 10 goals and Greer got 8 goals in my first year too! Whereas Barnes/CMS only got about 25 between the two of them so didnd't even score that much more!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
i have found that you get games where you seem to get a lot of injuries, but this can happen in real life so why wouldnt it happen in FM?

It is the unrealistic feel of the game. I am in September. 11 Injuries i have had and ALL over 4 weeks. It is daft. The games are just very unrealistic in terms of stats too. Poor effort i am afraid. Why is it that a game around 12 years old has better match dynamics and graphics than a game that has just been released? HOW? It seems the makers have made a huge effort fitting everything in the game but the game is just a bit shit. I would be just as critical if i had 8 wins or 8 defeats as well.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It is the unrealistic feel of the game. I am in September. 11 Injuries i have had and ALL over 4 weeks. It is daft. The games are just very unrealistic in terms of stats too. Poor effort i am afraid. Why is it that a game around 12 years old has better match dynamics and graphics than a game that has just been released? HOW? It seems the makers have made a huge effort fitting everything in the game but the game is just a bit shit. I would be just as critical if i had 8 wins or 8 defeats as well.

I have played every version of FM/CM and this is the second happiest Ive ever been with the game. I really dont understand your opinion, based on a few months of one season of playing. Unless you want the game to be really easy it will probably be well into the new year before your crack the right tactic... its always been like that unless you cheat. The only real difference with other years is that this year there are a a lot less loopholes so plug and play tactics are less effective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here