Football Manager 2011

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just RINSED La Liga with Atletico in my first season with them, finishing on 100 points, scoring 95, conceding 20.
Got raped to the pricely sum of £47.5 million for Jesus Navas though. Administration is imminent :lolol:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Suarezwtf.jpg

Bit unrealistic Kenny?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That sort-of reminds me of a press story from AGES ago about how Real Madrid were slapping on 'ridiculous' minimum fee release clauses on their star youngsters. I seem to remember it was £25m for Casillas and £30m for Raul and the press going mental saying how transfer fees would never reach £30m in his lifetime :facepalm: Nowadays that will buy you an Andy Carroll :nono:

Give it a couple of years and Kenny's prediction may well come true..

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
yeah, it was a ridiculous situation, they made it to the playoffs to qualify, then sacked the manager and so i thought id give it a crack, bare in mind this is a wales team with bale, ramsey et al at their peak. we beat england in the final who had half of my own brighton team playing so i knew their strengths and weaknesses.

and to the post before that about the goals and caps for the country, thats an automatic thing it does if you state you were an ex international player. its a good way to start a game as it gives you a half decent reputation.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I'm currently in the 2015/2016 season with Brighton and Hove Albion. After winning the Carling Cup last season, I'm currently playing in Europe. Wanted to post the team that had got me to

I went onto my player history screen, and instantly realied there was a problem. Accoarding to the Player History page, every single one of my players were without a club between 2010 and 2015, before signing for Iclandic team Fimleikafélag Hafnarfjarðar and then joining there current club in the pre-season just gone.

The other part to this problem is the Bio page. Every single person has no/very little Bio apart from becoming the Motherwell goalkeeper coach in October 2015, before leaving six weeks later. When I say everybody, I mean everybody. Motherwell had every single person on the game as a Goalkeeper coach. A lot of players also have a Bio saying that they played for -102 years before Retering at the age of 65451.

Finished 2nd in my first season on 99 points. (NP1)
Finished 3rd in my second season, on 95 points. Won the play-offs. (NPC)
Finished 13th in my third season, on 46 points. (PREM)
Finished 8th in my fourth season on 66 points. (PREM)
Finished 8th in fith season on 60 points (PREM) and won the Carling Cup.
Currently sitting in 3rd after 20 games.

Rinished the qualifying rounds of the UEFA cup, and topped my group.

Current team (442):

Joe Lewes (GK) - Signed in Pre-Season, Cost £2,500,000. Been rock solid.

Micah Richards (RB) - Free transfer two years ago. Liverpool are after him but they have zero chance of getting him for anything less than £12,000,000.

Jose Maria (CB) - Signed in the 13/14 season for £2,000,000. 21 year old Regen player, best defender, most of the "big" teams are looking at him. Can see myself losing him if somebody puts in a bid to trigger his realease fee. Won young player of the month 9 times.

Nikola Vujadinovic (CB) - Cost me £1,200,000 back in the 12/13 pre-season. Utter bargin, started to score goals too. Can also cover at LB.

Tom Webster (LB) - Record transfer in the summer, £8,500,000 from Sunderland. Another regen player. 20 years old. Tackling, Crossing and Pace all over 15. Perfect LB for an attacking team.

Hatem Ben Arfa (RM) - Free agent 4 seasons ago. Blows hot and cold but produces the odd bit of magic.

Sven Bender (CM) - Free agent in the season just gone. His name made me giggle, tough tackling defensive midfielder.

Kevin Liburd (CM) - Another regen, 20 year old midfielder signed from Man.U for £1,400,000 in January 2013. Had a bad season last year but he's been much better this year and is on the verge of the England team.

David Silva (LM) - Another player picked up on a free from Man City, will probably be off in January. Trying to get 6-7 million for him. Too many off days.

Sergio Araujo (ST) - Striker signed from Barca for £3,200,000. More assists than anybody else in the Prem. Goes through dry patches where he doesn't score but with high dribbling, flair and pace stats, he scares the shite out of defences. The Argentinian Will Buckley!

Romelu Lukaku :banana::banana::banana: 22 years old, 3 hattricks by Christmas, top goalscorer in the UEFA cup, FREE AGENT in the summer. Going to offer him a new contract with a massive sell-out clause! :banana::banana::banana:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Sven Bender :lol: Looks like a great team that - sounds like you're having a blast. Any international job offers on the horizon yet?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
im selling him its annoying as his a good player i have praised him and praised him, gone to his manager chat thing and the area it says about happiness is blocked out so he must be ok the club, but his moral is constantly very poor. I even signed one of his fav people to see if that would work but nope it ant.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Has anyone been able to perfect the GUS POYET way...... In tactics on fm2011?

I love the way we play but no matter how I do the tactics it just don't seem to work?

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
is there anywhere to download an update with all transfers upto last deadline? Just got a new laptop, cant be bothered to edit brighton team, if theres already one out there done

Want to start a career with Vicente swanning it at the amex

i downloaded some update in late julyish, was unnofficial tho, some guy called LFCMarshall or something. If you seached him into google im sure you coujld find him, not entirely sure if he's updated it since but seemed as if it was ongoing.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/86695-Wallys-update

That's the one I'm using, it's very good. Basically everyone on that thread posting every transfer and he released a new file every friday throughout the transfer window. Starts us in Champ, with all the correct players etc. Wages are a bit dodgy in places - Murray on 1k @ Palace for example - and the transfer fees on the player history page isn't always updated if the fee was undisclosed. But for the whole 'all the right players at the right clubs in the right division' vibe, not many better out there.

Download it, put it in Documents/SI/FM12/editor data. Start a new game, tick the box, play.

The one downside is because there's literally 120,000+ edits it does take quite some time to load. If it starts to not respond, don't panic - just leave it, let it be, come back in 5 minutes. It seems to work itself out in the end.

PS. Vicente isn't with us on that one, he joined the weekend after that was released - you might have to put him in yourselves.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
worked out this one works, tried and trusted myself: fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5146 (obv add the start of the link bit before)

seems to work for me. Oh and don't click on the widely advertised flv player to download or anything, just click on the box saying: +Download, its shaded a dark blue next to the authors name, and insert it as brightonrock states above.

Oh and OUR Vicente is correct :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports