Football Manager 2011

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
NOT happy :angry: Bloom went over my head and sold Greer to P*l*ce and Noone to Derby for 850k each

anyone else find you don't get much money to compete with the Brighton job?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I gave up with CM/FM games a few years ago but find myself itching to get back. When will FM2012 be out? I'd like to start at Falmer and forget the Withdean years ever happened

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Had to leave Reading, despite signing Phil Jones for £11 million, Chris Wood for £14 million, and £20 million worth of back-up signings as i got offered the Atletico Madrid job and inherited a side with Michael Essien, Sergio Busquets, Edin Dzeko, Sergio Aguero and David De Gea, who is pretty much the best 'keeper around at the moment.
Had to pay £15 million to bring Thorgan Hazard with me though :shootself:
Scored 14, conceded 0, Won 4, Drawn 0, Lost 0 in La Liga so far.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
right - won the league , seriously recommend Danny Ward and Josh Lambo as signings

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
i find the budget realistic for us as have we had money to spend in the past??? in fm12 I'd expect us to have a bigger budget to spend ... also in the 2nd season only 8,000 season tickets were sold !!! after 7 seasons ive maanged to get the stadium to 30,000 and in the prem season tickets sold at 11,000 so i think its just to to with this years game and patch updates

spanish seagull92

Jan 25, 2011
southern Spain
I gott brighton to the prem and challenging for the title and my friend hits the power button on the back of my computer and now my whole fm is corrupt:nono: i've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still doesn't work, going back to fm 2009.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Recommend Amine Chermiti if you're looking for a budget Premiership striker. 22 at the start of the game, pacey and a quality finisher and I bagged him for £1.3 mill

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Victor Obinna :O Got him on a free transfer from Inter at the end of my first season as Brighton manager after winning League One. He is on £7,500 a week so is one of the more expensive players in the squad but has scored 16 in 11 league games so far!

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
I gott brighton to the prem and challenging for the title and my friend hits the power button on the back of my computer and now my whole fm is corrupt:nono: i've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still doesn't work, going back to fm 2009.

This has happened to me, if you are using steam uninstall then install without steam, start the game and go onto preferences, then change something,save them and quit.

Now you can load on steam. It worked for me on 2010

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I gave up with CM/FM games a few years ago but find myself itching to get back. When will FM2012 be out? I'd like to start at Falmer and forget the Withdean years ever happened

the starting dates have varied over the years but should be around October time.....
whatever you do DON'T download it illegally, SI staff screw around with these copies, such as reversing transfer fees and making countries like San Marino win the World Cup/Euros all the time. You won't notice it until its too late. (i dont download illegally, I've owned every copy since FM2006, but I've read about it)

spanish seagull92

Jan 25, 2011
southern Spain
This has happened to me, if you are using steam uninstall then install without steam, start the game and go onto preferences, then change something,save them and quit.

Now you can load on steam. It worked for me on 2010
Not got steam, oh well happy with 2009, got zozulya for brighton cracking player for 5k, hopefully not to long till 2012

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Victor Obinna scores 26 in 27 after signing on a free in the summer.

Now it is January and Tony Bloom has sold him to Celtic for £4.4 million. Made money but annoying - Luckily I just brought in Michael Owen on a free so I have a replacement

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
I'm playing as Havant & Waterlooville, promoted through the play-offs in the Blue Square South in my first season. 2nd season won Blue Square premier by 3 points, and am now going to go for it in league two!

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm almost half way through my pentagon challenge, I dare you lot to try it! Currently at Houston Dynamo and can't for the life of me understand the MLS draft system >_>

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I'm almost half way through my pentagon challenge, I dare you lot to try it! Currently at Houston Dynamo and can't for the life of me understand the MLS draft system >_>

thought about doing the pentagon but dont like the fact they have no coverage of more african/middle-eastern leagues so am currently doing an Asian/European/North American 'Triangle' Also at Houston, the draft system etc is fine, its all the other random competitions that throw me, like the SuperLiga etc......Its also very easy to accidentally waive your players if you dont assign them to the squad! Think the AI of MLS teams is screwed though as they often waive their best players just to lower their wage bills (even if they are already under the wage budget/are designated players)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
thought about doing the pentagon but dont like the fact they have no coverage of more african/middle-eastern leagues so am currently doing an Asian/European/North American 'Triangle' Also at Houston, the draft system etc is fine, its all the other random competitions that throw me, like the SuperLiga etc......Its also very easy to accidentally waive your players if you dont assign them to the squad! Think the AI of MLS teams is screwed though as they often waive their best players just to lower their wage bills (even if they are already under the wage budget/are designated players)

Fancy just giving me a quick run through of how the draft system works?

Also, when I go to buy a player, I don't get a fee option, I get an 'allocated budget' and 'draft pick' option, I don't really want to sell draft picks though do I?

Sadly the only American thing I follow with a draft in it is WWE >_> so I doubt that's very alike to MLS.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Fancy just giving me a quick run through of how the draft system works?

Also, when I go to buy a player, I don't get a fee option, I get an 'allocated budget' and 'draft pick' option, I don't really want to sell draft picks though do I?

Sadly the only American thing I follow with a draft in it is WWE >_> so I doubt that's very alike to MLS.

Pretty much all American Sports use a draft system to allocate youth/foreign import players into the league, rather than having academies.

In FM's case its essentially how regens are dispersed. The team who ends the season before last gets the 1st pick, and this goes in order up until the team who finished 1st gets the last pick. (However you can trade draft picks to get higher up the draft). There are 4 rounds I think in the MLS, and at the beginning of the season you also get a waiver draft, which is essentially the same idea, but is used for players who haven't made it into the squad of each team (every player who doesn't make it into your 25 man squad for any reason get waived) and you can get a few decent players this way (the CPU teams usually pass on the waiver draft, I'm not sure why....)

Its also worth checking the waiver list (found under the league menu) every so often as CPU teams will sometimes waive players when they change their squad around due to injuries (you'll notice every time a player comes back from injury you have to re-confirm your squad list every time) as you can claim these players, and if they aren't claimed, they will appear as a free agent which you can free offer a contract to...

When you go to buy a player, like most American sports again, you're not 'buying' the player but 'trading' for him. Therefore you can either trade allocation funds (money, I'm, not 100% sure on the significance of this, as I think you can change it in the board menu like you can with the wage/transfer budget), draft picks for the draft at the beginning of next year, or designated player/international slots. You can also trade other players (check what the team you're trading with is looking for, and note the players you trade cannot reject the trade, they will pretty much go if the trade is accepted)

Designated player slots are given to high-profile players who have high wages (e.g. David Beckham/Juan Pablo Angel/Thierry Henry), which wont go against the wage bill (used to increase the quality of the league without making the wage structure lopsided) - most teams have either 2 oe 3 designated player slots.

International slots are for foreign players allowed in the squads, the more slots you have, the more foreign players you can have.

If the trade is accepted, the player arrives pretty much immediately, no need to organise wages or anything, you get them with their current contract.

Bear in mind this is ONLY between MLS teams that trading is used. You can still sign players on frees and from abroad using the traditional system, but its hard to attract many players at all from outside the MLS. Make sure you get your assistant manager to do a designated player report (found in team report screen) as this gives a vague idea of who you could get in, in the future.

The biggest thing you should be looking at is staying under the wage budget.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions just hit me with a PM.

Last edited:

Easy as pie people. Go to FM Base. On there go to downloads and then player updates. The one I downloaded was called road to 2012 or something like that. Has all the updates and has us in the championship. I'm on a MAC which is slightly different however all you need to do is as follows.

Download and unzip the update. Then you will need to move the file to Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2011 / editor data.

If the editor data folder is not there just create it.

It took me ages to work out how to get it working, so I now know exactly what I am doing, so if you have any problems just let me know.

Once done you just start a new game. Click new game and then when you get to the first screen before you pick your team. There s a TAB " Sonething data" You click that and select the player database from the drop down box. AND AWAY YOU GO with all of our fab new players. WOOO HOOO.

Any trouble just PM me and I will get back to you.

Just restarted a new game yesterday with the player update, and now they're settled in together, CMS, Hoskins, LuaLua, Buckley and Noone are all doing brilliant, can't stop scoring, and Nooney and LuaLua are so skilful in there. Cheers mate, you're a star!

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
It is nice to see Newcastle United using CLASSIC Football Manager tactics to rid themselves of Joey Barton: reduce his value to zero, offer him to other clubs and fine him two weeks wages to hurry him on his way out.

Pardew had better be prepared for a spate to UNH to appear across his squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports