Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2011

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have a couple of spot on tactics that are working with Brighton in the Championship at the moment. I downloaded from a website. One is called park the plane. Use it away from home or against top sides and seems to work. Am currently 6 points clear in the championship, although I have downloaded the player update also, so I have Buckley , Hoskins and CMS etc. Loaned in Lualua also and he is shit hot.

Will happily email the tactics to you if you want

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
I have a couple of spot on tactics that are working with Brighton in the Championship at the moment. I downloaded from a website. One is called park the plane. Use it away from home or against top sides and seems to work. Am currently 6 points clear in the championship, although I have downloaded the player update also, so I have Buckley , Hoskins and CMS etc. Loaned in Lualua also and he is shit hot.

Will happily email the tactics to you if you want

How do you download and use updates mid game or do you just have to start again?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Finished 2nd in my first season on 99 points. (NP1)
Finished 3rd in my second season, on 95 points. Won the play-offs. (NPC)
Finished 13th in my third season, on 46 points . (PREM)

My defence was awful so I spent most of my budget on getting my defence up to scratch. After 25 games, I'm sitting in 8th. My main transfers in:

Nikolay Mihaylov (GK) - Ex-Liverpool keeper. Cost me £4,200,000 from Cagliari. 5 clean sheets in 25 games, is a massive improvement on last season. Will try and bring in a better keeper next season.

Chris Gunter (RB, LB) - Cost £3,000,000. Mainly used as back-up. The fact he can play on either flank is a major plus. Only started 10 games but is a decent squad player.

Craig Dawson (CB) - Also cost £3,000,000. One for the future, although with he's played a lot of games due to my main defenders being injured. Very inconsistent.

Jose Maria (CB) - No idea how I got this kid. Regen from Valencia. Cost £2,000,000. Chose me over Everton, Ajax, Benfica, Celtic and Napoli. 19 years old, my best defender. Pops up with the odd goal too. Arsenal, Sunderland and Chelsea were looking at him in the January window. I've told them, he isn't going anywhere for anything under £17,500,000.

Mario Gotze (CM, LM, RM, AM) - Picked him up on a free after his contract with Dortmund ran out. 21 years old, can play anywhere in midfield, or as a striker. Scored a couple of wonder goals. Had Villa and Stoke looking at him, but nobody put a bid in.

I've held both Chelsea and Man.U to draws at Falmer. Also picked up a few big scalps, with wins against Everton (A), Spurs (H), Man City (A)

Top half fnish this season and then hope to break into Europe next season. :thumbsup:

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
I feel stupid asking this but how did you download the update?

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Via steam, with disc, i found editor but doesn't seem to come up just goes black for a second then straight back

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Nikolay Mihaylov (GK) - Ex-Liverpool keeper. Cost me £4,200,000 from Cagliari. 5 clean sheets in 25 games, is a massive improvement on last season. Will try and bring in a better keeper next season.

Make that 7 in 27. :D

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
yeah that what i thought but couldn't seem to find anything about a update, i recently started a new game with january transfers on there so im just hoping that it will auto-update after the window closes.
Has anyone ever had the same editor problem and managed to sort it??

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
I Didn't think so but then i saw what Tummy Burger said and wanted to know how to get it?

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
yeah i'll just have to keep looking or tummy burger could tell me how he got his :D

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
yeah i'll just have to keep looking or tummy burger could tell me how he got his :D

Easy as pie people. Go to FM Base. On there go to downloads and then player updates. The one I downloaded was called road to 2012 or something like that. Has all the updates and has us in the championship. I'm on a MAC which is slightly different however all you need to do is as follows.

Download and unzip the update. Then you will need to move the file to Documents / Sports Interactive / Football Manager 2011 / editor data.

If the editor data folder is not there just create it.

It took me ages to work out how to get it working, so I now know exactly what I am doing, so if you have any problems just let me know.

Once done you just start a new game. Click new game and then when you get to the first screen before you pick your team. There s a TAB " Sonething data" You click that and select the player database from the drop down box. AND AWAY YOU GO with all of our fab new players. WOOO HOOO.

Any trouble just PM me and I will get back to you.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
All done cheers, looking foward to tearing up the championship now :D

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I only just got the game, so am in my first season (L1) And had the most bizzare result away to Brum in the LC 2nd round...i ran out 6-0 winners..all i did was play 4-4-2 counter attacking! And they didn't rest too many players!

I loaned Jake Livermore from Spurs and he bosses midfield as a deep lying playmaker, also Danny Ward from Bolton is a lightning quick striker, who's been banging em in!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Now in the Prem with Reading in my fourth season. The £40 million in broadcasting rights was spunked on Thorgan Hazard, Giorgios Samaras, Andros Townsend, Kyle Walker and a couple of youngsters.
3 draws and a defeat so far :/ David James is a wanker of a chairman as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here