Football Manager 2011

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
Right mate, first things first, go to your backroom advice meetings regularly BUT don't always take their advice. Once you've done that sort out your captain, look who has the highest influence in the player stats (Prabably is Greer but double check).

agree with this, i've found this is overly important. When i reached the prem with Brighton Greers stats simply werent good enough, but i didnt want to take the captaincy away as he is a popular player in the dressing room. I found that when i played him ahead of a better player stat wise, we'd win more often simply because hes the captain of the club and his influence drives the other players on. Greer has since retired for me now and Jordan Spence is captain with an influence of 20. He plays almost every game, but you notice a real difference in performance when hes not there.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
My Brighton team just scored their 100th goal of the league campaign.

Only one of my players has scored more than 10 goals! Although, that is Leigh Griffiths who has scored 39 in the league. :laugh:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
After winning everything there was to win with Brighton I'm currently playing a career game. The idea is to find the pissiest, shittiest little team in the game and build my way up to being manager of Real or Barca. Started off with CF Andorinha in the bowels of the Portuguese league (stadium capacity 400 :lol:). Left Andorinha 15 points clear at the top of their league in February to join Feralpi Salo in Italy Serie C2A (stadium size 1550) who were rock bottom of the league. With 6 games to go I have them mid-table and 8 points behind the final play-off place. I'm hoping I can scrape in there if the other results go my way. :wink:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
How on earth do you do that!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
How on earth do you do that!

I'd like to say it's down to me being a tactical genius but that would be a lie. I found this tactic on the sports interactive website:

Gamefront

(put the tac file in your tactics folder).

Use this but you need to find the right players to fit which with Brighton essentially means selling the entire team with the possible exception of Greer and Bridcutt. I love it because it uses the fullbacks as deep wingers which frees you up to swamp the midfield and have 3 strikers. Stamina is the most important attribute for the full backs and the DMC. Make sure your best header of the ball is the right centre back and just use common sense for the other positions.

It's tantamount to cheating if you get the right players/training/coaches/team talks all in harmony with this tactic. :thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
right , thus far wonderkids I have found for free who are willing to join Brighton are few and far between

second season however I was offered Josh Lambo , a goalkeeper who has done fantastically for me

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Finished 2nd in my first season on 99 points.
Finished 3rd in my second season, on 95 points. Won the play-offs.
Currently sitting in 14th in the prem after 12 games.

teameo.jpg

Current team. :smokin:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just started a new game with Lewes and managed to lose 2-1 to my own reserves. God I'm crap at this game :)

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I've struggled to get into this year's version. Tactics have been a major issue. My defense is always solid and my teams can maintain decent possession, but I can't make them score for toffee :cry:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
In my third season at Reading at the moment. Got a sick line-up of:

Alex Smithies
Johnathan Grounds
David Rozenhal
Anthony Gerrard/Michael Jansen
Carlos Diogo/Lee Peltier
Jobi McAnuff/Hal Robson-Kanu
Jermaine Jenas
Mark Randall/John Bostock (Loan)
Gary Taylor-Fletcher
Shane Long
Kelvin Etuhu/Matty Fryatt
Sitting pretty on top of the table after 10 games, Won 8, Drawn 1, Lost 1

Club just got taken over by David James.. As in, Bristol City keeper David James.. Is that normal?!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A good loan signing at the start is John Guidetti, an 18-year-old Swedish striker from Man City. He will come to League One clubs, and will score you plenty.

You have not been charged for this information.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Im in the year 2022 now. 3rd time in the Premiership with Brighton and heading towards the end of the season (having got promoted last year). Finally been able to invest in decent players and am fighting Sunderland and Everton for 7th place.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well I went back tot eh Albion with a newe tactic - 4-3-3 and ignored the fact that this version is supposed to be better for wingers and played throught he middle. Fiest season wrapped up league 1 after 37 games, scoring over 100 goals (do everythign you can to get Vlad Yurchenko... work permit is allowed 10% of the time). Season 2 joint op after 21 games UNBEATEN with Birmingham... 3rd team 11 points behind.

SQUAD -

Lewis / Heaton
Spence (on loan both seasons)/ Lamotte /Hronec
Greer/Yadolahi
BJ Burns / Hernani (Elphick out for twelve months, Dunk still here and Reece Wabara shows promise)
Lecjaks/Painter/Spurr

Leke(generated)/Bridcutt/Monroy
Dicker/ Caskey/Kasım
Woods/Horava/Sparrow

and the most amazing golascoring forward line any 3 from:

Hoskins/Buckley/Noone/Yurchenko/Soukoune/Medina/Agdestien/Cherif/(Jamil) Adam

Cant believe how succesful this is... and I have been constantly tinkering

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports