Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2011

Bowers-sfc

forever red, never blue
Feb 20, 2011
Just finished my first season in a new game with brighton.

sold quite a few players and brought in better replacements.

Adam Le-fondre - top buy, £325k but worth every penny, 36 league goals.
Paul smith from notts forest - cheap at £100k, only let in 24 goals all season.
Greg cunningham on loan from man city for nothing! no wages, no fee. 20 assists in the season with 3 goals from free kicks
matt james on loan from manchester united. quality CM,

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm gash at this game, how do you know what your doing wrong? I get into every game with my ASs Man thinking we have an advantage in every area and then we get trounced 3 nil, know it must be my tactics but no idead how to sort it. Pisses me off.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm gash at this game, how do you know what your doing wrong? I get into every game with my ASs Man thinking we have an advantage in every area and then we get trounced 3 nil, know it must be my tactics but no idead how to sort it. Pisses me off.

Sounds the same as me

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
im rather good if i may say so myself ... as long as you get the basics right
good players in
listen to the board meeting advice and assitant managers
good training programme
and tactics i play 4 3 3 as its seems to be the best for me and i like the range of midfielders in the centre that not a big choice of wingers !!

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
on my second season with Brighton, and currently top of the championship with 6 games to go. 7 points clear of reading.

however i really must spend some serious dosh in the closed season (assuming Big Tony will give me the funds).

my star loaned player is Frank Nouble from west ham.

scored me a shed load of goals in the championship (29) all for free. 40% of his wages... (about £2k per week)

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
anyone fancy an online game need about 4 people really is a good laugh.

I was doing an online game with a few mates.

It takes f*cking ages and to get a decent connection everybody needs to download Hamachi or something similar, really not worth the effort.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
on my second season with Brighton, and currently top of the championship with 6 games to go. 7 points clear of reading.

however i really must spend some serious dosh in the closed season (assuming Big Tony will give me the funds).

my star loaned player is Frank Nouble from west ham.

scored me a shed load of goals in the championship (29) all for free. 40% of his wages... (about £2k per week)

in my second season also with brighton i brought in 22 players 4 loan and 18 perm 2 main star signings michael owen and jerzy dudek both free tranfers !!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Thinking it has taken a dislike to me and cheeses me out of every game, 20shots 0 goals, other side 1 shot 1 goal. Grr.

Started again, first match lost 3-0 to peterborough then got dumped out of the cup by Hereford

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Started a season with Liverpool- Thought bringing in English players and shipping out those that can't speak English or weren't fitting in would help..

Bought in:
Shawcross for £13mil
Cahill £6m
Henderson £9m
Stanislas £6m
Defoe £15m
Huddlestone £15m

Finished 5th in the league, got a 3 year contract extension in April then got sacked in May :facepalm:

Got the Forest job in December- were bottom of the table when i took over, now up to 14th after bringing in:

Spence- West Ham- Loan
Emnes- Middlesboro- £350k
Cotterill- Swansea- £1.2m
Simon Cox- Free
Jason Roberts- Free
Kazenga- £50k

Forest are on the up :banana:

I haven't yet played FM 2011 because I couldn't see that there was a facepack download for all players, like the megapack for FM 10. I can't stand it when there are no pictures to the point where I play the game and sign players based on there being a picture of them. Basically, is there a facepack for it? Might get it on the cheap before the release of 2012.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
I need some serious help on this game. First season I lost in the play-off final to Sheffield Wednesday after I finished third, but now my team is quality yet results don't reflect this.
My team is: 4-1-2-1-2/ 4-1-3-1
Szczesny/Ankergren
Calderon/Gilbert (free from Arsenal)
Greer/ Elphick
Trotman (160k from Preston) don't know why
Painter

Moreno (90k from Leicester) / Bridcutt
Bennett
Noone
Soares (on loan Stoke) /Bostock (on loan Spurs)

Sears (on loan West Ham)
Nouble (on loan West Ham) / Le fondre (325k Rotherham)

I just don't seem to score any goals even with this strike force. Some decent tactics would be appreciated :)

seagulls120

Feb 25, 2009
I need some serious help on this game. First season I lost in the play-off final to Sheffield Wednesday after I finished third, but now my team is quality yet results don't reflect this.
My team is: 4-1-2-1-2/ 4-1-3-1
Szczesny/Ankergren
Calderon/Gilbert (free from Arsenal)
Greer/ Elphick
Trotman (160k from Preston) don't know why
Painter

Moreno (90k from Leicester) / Bridcutt
Bennett
Noone
Soares (on loan Stoke) /Bostock (on loan Spurs)

Sears (on loan West Ham)
Nouble (on loan West Ham) / Le fondre (325k Rotherham)

I just don't seem to score any goals even with this strike force. Some decent tactics would be appreciated :)

Right mate, first things first, go to your backroom advice meetings regularly BUT don't always take their advice. Once you've done that sort out your captain, look who has the highest influence in the player stats (Prabably is Greer but double check). Then ask advice on what style you should use (Defensive, Attacking, Fitness etc). Then have a look at the players that are in the team and choose what you feel would suit the formation (I.e Painter is an attacking defenders so play him as a wing back, pushed up a little bit from normal. To get the best performance from your midfield you should play Nooney on the left and Benno on the right. Try and play one defensive CM and one more attacking (Bostock). Then right click over the CM name and make sure they are playing defensive and attacking. Same with Benno and Nooney just make sure they are playing as wingers. With the strikers Nouble is fairly big so play him as a target man (If you like that style of play) and get Sears and Le Fondre playing off of him. Play around with it, it can be a lot of fun.

When looking for new players get a scout report on them, try and get your scouts to assess them over a certain number of games, big help! Also talk to your players often, ask them if they can reccommmend any new players for you (Preferably ask the players which are very good).

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Right mate, first things first, go to your backroom advice meetings regularly BUT don't always take their advice. Once you've done that sort out your captain, look who has the highest influence in the player stats (Prabably is Greer but double check). Then ask advice on what style you should use (Defensive, Attacking, Fitness etc). Then have a look at the players that are in the team and choose what you feel would suit the formation (I.e Painter is an attacking defenders so play him as a wing back, pushed up a little bit from normal. To get the best performance from your midfield you should play Nooney on the left and Benno on the right. Try and play one defensive CM and one more attacking (Bostock). Then right click over the CM name and make sure they are playing defensive and attacking. Same with Benno and Nooney just make sure they are playing as wingers. With the strikers Nouble is fairly big so play him as a target man (If you like that style of play) and get Sears and Le Fondre playing off of him. Play around with it, it can be a lot of fun.

When looking for new players get a scout report on them, try and get your scouts to assess them over a certain number of games, big help! Also talk to your players often, ask them if they can reccommmend any new players for you (Preferably ask the players which are very good).

Thanks for the reply, I just can't really get into this game at all for some reason. I try my best to make a decent tactic set-up but when nothing is going right it's a bit hard to play around with it as I don't really know where I am going wrong. Since I employed some of what you said above I went 2 games without scoring, drawing one and losing the other.
I give up really, this game is too much effort to get right for me despite the fact half the people on this thread probably have Brighton in the prem.

seagulls120

Feb 25, 2009
Thanks for the reply, I just can't really get into this game at all for some reason. I try my best to make a decent tactic set-up but when nothing is going right it's a bit hard to play around with it as I don't really know where I am going wrong. Since I employed some of what you said above I went 2 games without scoring, drawing one and losing the other.
I give up really, this game is too much effort to get right for me despite the fact half the people on this thread probably have Brighton in the prem.

When i first started playing FM I really found it hard, but it was just so addictive which maybe me annoyed. Eventually I realised that I can do one as Brighton because it's the team I LOVE so it just don't go to plan aswell. This might be your problem as well.

Also look at the top goal scorers in your league and try and buy them if you feel they are good. Sometimes too many loans could have an effect. Oh and if you have created a tactic then changed formation make sure you change it about (You can save differenct tactics with different formations) or otherwise your'll be playing with 2 very good wingers who arnt crossing the ball for instance. I also used the training section when i first started FM11 (Brighton of course) and I completely messed up, so unless you know what you are doing just don't touch it full stop.

FM becomes a really good game when you are winning and you just can't seem to get enough of it. I know how you feel! Maybe it worth leaving them and going to a new club, your get more motivation and you would have more idea on how to make them good. Also you said that you took Brighton into the play offs in the first season so why did you get like a new team in?? I've tried it before hated it, took a long time for them to mould and eventually I got the sack. If you want more advice email mate, saves clogging up this thread. Lol

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I got promoted in the first season in 2nd with 90 points. Ive over brought in the championship got carried away. Looks like i might be on the way out. :(

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I haven't yet played FM 2011 because I couldn't see that there was a facepack download for all players, like the megapack for FM 10. I can't stand it when there are no pictures to the point where I play the game and sign players based on there being a picture of them. Basically, is there a facepack for it? Might get it on the cheap before the release of 2012.
for starters you can use the same megapack from fm10 as the id's for the players dont change, but anyway heres a link to the current (and most up to date megapack)

**MEGAPACK Home Thread** - updates and info inside - Sortitoutsi.net - Football Manager 2011 Forums

personally id prefer it if they went the madden way and made everyplayer wear a plain white shit, that way it dusnt look so inappropriate if your liverpool and sign a guy from villarreal wearing a bright yellow shirt all the time....

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Its just been too easy so I have gone for the ultimaten challenge got the ten level database downaloded and Im now planning taking Rye United from Sussex Div 1 to the premier league

How are you getting on with Rye United?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here