Football Manager 2011

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Lol, after my first season as Brighton (lost in the playoff final and jpt final) went on the Man City reserves to see who I could get in on loan and lo and behold colin kazim richards! They bought him for £1m and he's made no appearances, what a waste of money! For the record I'm not going near him.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
My FM11 Career with Brighton: 2010/2011 Season:- I came fourth in the league, went out at the Quarter Final stages in the JPT. And played Man United in the third round of the FA Cup. I signed Mammadou Sidebie (spl?) who is a fantastic goalkeeper, also is good competition with Casper. I also signed Adam Le-Fondre for 400k and is a clinical finisher, definitely worth a punt. Dan Murray a centre back from Ireland, was cover for Greer, Elphick and El-Abd. I also brought in Jordan Spence who was mainly cover for Painter and I also signed Medina. But he never really settled in the country, but scored me some vital goals that season. I solded Elliott Bennett for 1 million to Burney and brought in Gower from Swansea, who is superb at assists and the odd goal. Muzzer banged in the goals for me by scoring 17, and I'm playing a 4-3-2-1 formation which is brillant! I lost in the Play-offs semi-finals to Sheffield Wednesday. Portsmouth and Palarse went down that season!

2011/2012- Promotion was my aim, and winning the league was granted near the end of April. I signed Askou from Norwich for a absolute bargain, aswell as Jason Puncheon who is awesome and I signed him for 45K from Scumhampton, he scored me 24 goals!!! I also brought in Jazz Richards (Swansea), Jake Livermore (Spurs) and Alfrei (Swansea) on loan. I signed Lee Miller from Middlesbrough but his reputation was shocking, I sold Muzzer to Peterborough for 150k and Elphick to Bristol City for 100K, I also let a few others go by not renewing their contracts. In January I signed Walter Pandiani from West Ham for 35K, and he scored me 11 goals in 20 appearances. I went on a 2 month unbeaten run from January to March, picking up the manager of the month award twice. I also beat the scum 4-1 and 1-0 at shithurst. ( A little tip for you, if you need an centre midfielder for cover bring in Kazim from the reserves). He doesn't let you down at all. I won the league at Hillsbrough thanks to a Gary Dicker 25 yarder. Good news is Palarse didn't get promoted, and it was us, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship. It was really close between us, Brentford and Portsmouth for Automatic Promotion and what probably clinched it for me was the 4-3 win over Brentford at the start of March.

2012/2013 (Championship)- Just started my new season, and I'm not doing to badly. I let alot of players go such as El-Abd and Dan Murray. But brought in from Bristol City Damien Stewart, a centre back who can partner just about anybody Greer, Askou or even my loanee from Burnley Michael Duff. I also picked up on a free David Dunn from Blackburn and I also signed Rob Earnshaw on a free, 5 appearances and four goals already! I also brought in Gary Borrowdale on a free transfer cover for Painter. Kyle Hutton from Rangers (loan) and Kazenga Lua-Lua on loan from Newcastle aswell as Jamie Walker from Hearts on Loan. I've won 3 and lost one so far, got knocked out of the League cup by Bristol City but beat Crawley in the First Round.

So to sum it up, 4-3-2-1 is a godsend and Football Manager 2011 is f***ing awesome. I will report back with what happens when I finish this season!

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I always sell the entire team in the first season. Almost to a man. Bridcutt is the only player worth keeping. There are plenty of free transfers/cheap replacements in this game. As an example, you can get good money for Murray and Bennett and replace them with Fabien Brandy (free) and Jennison Myrie-Williams (20k) who are much better. Also Calderon can be sold for about 400k and is easily replaced.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I always sell the entire team in the first season. Almost to a man. Bridcutt is the only player worth keeping. There are plenty of free transfers/cheap replacements in this game. As an example, you can get good money for Murray and Bennett and replace them with Fabien Brandy (free) and Jennison Myrie-Williams (20k) who are much better. Also Calderon can be sold for about 400k and is easily replaced.
this , managed to get 675k from Leicester for Calde , sold Muzza for 175k , waited until January and got Jennison Myrie-Williams for free :)

need some more recommendations mind , currently 4th in my first season going into February

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
this , managed to get 675k from Leicester for Calde , sold Muzza for 175k , waited until January and got Jennison Myrie-Williams for free :)

need some more recommendations mind , currently 4th in my first season going into February

What database are you using?

If Leigh Griffiths is still at Dundee then bring him in. 300k, 18 years old, scores for fun.

If not, let me know and I'll find some other decent people.

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
i second what was said above, leigh griffiths is a godsend. he propelled me to the prem where brighton are now established top 4 (year 2017). Also Jordan Spence from west ham, initially on loan then signed him when we reached the prem, consistent performer and now worth £20 million... which for a CB isnt to be sniffed at.
Unfortunately the only brighton player still in the squad is EB. Although Greer and Kishishev have gone on to be sort after coaches at the club.

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
This was my Brighton Prem team until the file got corrupted:
GK: Brahim Zaari
DR: Calderon/Joel
CB:Elphick/Bertin
CB:Manuel Da Costa
DL:painter
DM:Bridcutt
AMR:Lua Lua/Songo'o
M: Schierderlin
AML:Karim Soltani
FW:Carroll
FW:Charlie Austin/Castaignos

Absolute bossed championship with pretty much the same squad, after 10 games in prem didnt win one game, so wasnt too much of a bother it corrupted

i second what was said above, leigh griffiths is a godsend. he propelled me to the prem where brighton are now established top 4 (year 2017). Also Jordan Spence from west ham, initially on loan then signed him when we reached the prem, consistent performer and now worth £20 million... which for a CB isnt to be sniffed at.
Unfortunately the only brighton player still in the squad is EB. Although Greer and Kishishev have gone on to be sort after coaches at the club.

My team now consists entirely of made-up players, in the year 2019, and we've won the league for the past 4 seasons (and 3 european cups). The one link with the past, however, is Gary Hart, who is a top quality coach at the club and also my assistant as England manager.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
My team now consists entirely of made-up players, in the year 2019, and we've won the league for the past 4 seasons (and 3 european cups). The one link with the past, however, is Gary Hart, who is a top quality coach at the club and also my assistant as England manager.

How on earth can you do so well? Do you give yourself 500M or sommat?

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
i've found that as long as you hire a decent scout or 2 and get scouting early on, you dont need much money to succeed. the only signings i made in my first season was Griffiths for 300k and Spence on loan, and we won the league with 108 points. i didnt spend much more in the championship, just a few loans (spence again, barazite, van aarnholt, fraser forster) and we went up again. managed to get Antonio Floro Flores when we got to the prem, and him & griffiths led me easily to mid-table, and its gone on from there. current team:
GK: Alex Smithies
RB: Nedum Onouha
CB: Jordan Spence
CB: Phil Jones
LB: Kieran Gibbs
CM: Tom Cairney
CM: Lorenzo Crisiteg
RM: Elliott Bennet/Jimmy Briand
LM: Nacer Barazite
CF: Leigh Griffiths
CF: Stephen Fletcher

i like how domestic my team is, i also have a host of 'fake' players who have come through and are full internationals

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
i like how domestic my team is, i also have a host of 'fake' players who have come through and are full internationals
What do you mean by fake players?
Do you also use the 4-3-2-1 formation?

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
by fake players i mean youngsters who enter the game, through youth teams etc, but are obviously not real. its pointless giving out names as im sure they are randomly generated on each game, but for example i have 2 english strikers named Thomas Armstrong and Gareth Ainsley, both top class, in the england frame and only 20 years old (so would have been aged 14/15 when the game began and probably appeared after a couple of years) Ainsley came from chelsea, and armstrong from wigan.

You'll notice them come through when you play the game for a few seasons, i've finally got one coming through my youth system, 4 years after the board improved my facilities. its a long old road, but worthwhile when you have nothing better to do!

bnfrnkln

all the lads...
Nov 2, 2009
the ministry of flair
and with regard to the formation, i used the 4-3-2-1 until 2 years ago when i had a decent enough defence to go more attacking, i now play 4 at the back, 2 CM (one ball winning and one playmaker) an attacking LM and attacking RM, and 2 strikers (one poacher and one advanced forward)

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
In my 3rd season (a few games in) as Mansfield manager after getting them promoted last season. My star players are striker Jonathan Obika (got on a free at the end of 1st season from Spurs) , Ben Marshall pacy winger released by Carlisle and John Flanagan released by Liverpool.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Just started a new career with Brighton. 3 league games gone and I'm sitting in 2nd.

Sold Murray and Whing on the cheap. Brought in Wood, Eastmond and some Brazilian in on loan and a couple of young players coming in permantly, along with some experience.

brightonandhovealbiontr.png

Brazilian I have on loan is my best player...

casemiroreportscoachrep.png

sammy g

433 worked really well for me at all the clubs I managed. later on I used the two outer players of the attacking bit of the 433 in a more withdrawn role,, both out wide. You need a strong CF for this to work. So at times I had a 451 which could revert to a 433 again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports