Football Manager 2011

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Got mine this morning :clap2: :clap2: complete with free mini football (ordered it from HMV) :thumbsup:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

GYM

Jan 4, 2010
Leeds
Got mine the other day.

Barnes already in the reserves as he cant hit a barn door in the game either.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
How are people getting on with FM2011? In previous years there has been quite a lot on the FM threads but seems very quiet this year!

Personally, I think its the best version for a long time. A lot less bugs, and a lot more realistic. And when you add in stadium backgrounds for every team it brings a whole new level of realism to the game :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
How are people getting on with FM2011? In previous years there has been quite a lot on the FM threads but seems very quiet this year!

Personally, I think its the best version for a long time. A lot less bugs, and a lot more realistic. And when you add in stadium backgrounds for every team it brings a whole new level of realism to the game :)
Just won the prem title at last although was annoyed by the crap crowds of 16k while top in the championship,didn't even sell-out in the prem for many games:lolol:

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
1st Year - Won League 1
2nd Year - Won Championship + FA Cup Runners Up (Easy draws to be fair)
3rd Year - 4th In Premier League
4th Year - Treble (FA Cup, European Cup, League) With Liverpool

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Around 5th or 6th in first season at the moment, only in January though. Just can't get into the game this year, not sure why though as usually I'm hooked.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Does seem easier than previous versions (not saying much) though maybe after playing so many for so long, you just figure things out. Always seems to me that what you say in the media or in team talks has more affect on final outcome of games than who you start. Play 1st team and say wrong thing you have 20 shots to a relegation fodder's 2 shots and loose 1-0 or say right thing and win most of your games and draw the other few you really should have lost through luck or talent level.

Remember the medium era ones with a visible match engine but cirles running round not players as being the most accurate match engine but maybe was younger and didn't understand as much. Game it's self is so in depth, just feel I couldn't always win leagues and cups with inferior teams in real life! LOVE the control tactics and have developed even my Hastings career when I jumped ship after couple seasons at Brighton because they appeared in the lowest league, a Gus Bus style of playing the game and it works wonders even at that level. Previous versions I always played counter attack against better teams (95% of the time usually because of promotions) but now I have the right kind of players for my system and control the ball even against better teams. Doesn't seem realistic but at least I try and look for the right attributes aswell as what scouts and real world knowledge suggest a players potential is.

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010

I'm glad they have brought that back, they used to do it on the old Champ Manager games back in the 90s. Got FM2010 and have a few good games going so loathe to buy another game and feel my way into it again, usually I buy every other year as the changes aren't always that drastic year-on-year.

HalfTimeOrange

Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
In my 6th season with Crawley Town, sitting top of the Premier League after winning every single league simultaneously then finishing 4th in the 2014/15 Premier League. In March, won the League Cup on pens against Everton, semi finals of the FA Cup, 2nd Knockout Round of the Champions League :) Starting to get more difficult now as all the good players are 30+ so all the newgen creations are the people to buy now...either way my strongest XI is:

GK - Logan Bailly

RB - Phil Jones
CB - Dzmitry Verkhovstov
CB - Chico
LB - Liam Ridgewell

CM - Jano
CM - Fernando Gago
CM - Nick Brooker

CAM - Alberto Aquliani

ST - Dimitar Berbatov
ST - Darren Bent

Few interesting bits, Alan Shearer is manager of Tottenham, Dennis Wise is manager of Chelsea and Alan Curbishley is manager of Everton! Game certainly gets less real the more years you get into it. And Gareth Bale is now basically the worlds best player, playing for Barcelona worth 66m and earning 250k a week.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Loving it. I'm only in October in my first season but got the team playing the Gus way :)

BHZ.jpg

The 7-2 was a personal favourite as I played a reserve team, with Dunk, Hall, Taricco, Simmonds, Jamie Smith, Agdestein and Jennings all playing. Fabien Brandy scored four of them, with Greer, Sparrow and Holroyd scoring the others.

I thought you'd be interested to know that Holroyd scored the goal in the 1-0 win against Walsall and also one of the two against Sheffield Wednesday :D

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I'm finding the game really hard. I started off in Denmark's non league. Finished top and won the play-off to gain promotion but was feeling a bit homesick. With this being the case I took the Port Vale job when it came up, I got sacked from that after about 6 months, I then went to Crawley and got the sack from that after about 30 games. I'm now at Forest Green but am 23rd in the conference and facing the sack there as well !!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports