Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Manager 2011

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
First impressions are impressive.

I like the new contract negotiations and the match preperation.

One question though, why is Gary Dicker in the reserves and listed when Holroyd is in the first team? Should be the other way round surely.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
And Sandaza is immense and Lua-Lua average - and Navarro not injured.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Agree on Dicker, rest looks accurate though in the main. A very good young team. Lua Lua is valued at 1.6 million. Sandaza is the best player Tarrico reckons. To be fair in the game he does look good but that's the other thing that stood out to me other than injuries were accurate except Navarro is fully fit :D. Oh and Bennett is the only player wanted in my game (apart from reserves wanted by people on loan) but he's wanted by Palarse and Derby. As if he's going anywhere let alone Croydon!

Drew 1-1 with Spurs reserves 1st game.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Lewis Dunk is only contracted until the end of the season on the game, I thought he had a deal until at least 2013 like Caskey?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
First impressions are impressive.

I like the new contract negotiations and the match preperation.

One question though, why is Gary Dicker in the reserves and listed when Holroyd is in the first team? Should be the other way round surely.

Dicker is a good player in the game, he just gets put into the reserves as there's only so many slots for midfielders in the first team and he's not rated as highly as Kishishev/Sparrow/Bridcutt. Holroyd gets into first team as not so many strikers there.

And Sandaza is immense and Lua-Lua average - and Navarro not injured.

Sandaza is very good as he was rated highly in Scotland and I haven't really seen him enough to justify reducing his ability. LuaLua is one of our best players, acceleration and pace are weighted very highly so although his other attributes aren't super high he is still very good.

Navarro was fit at the start of the season in real life so he's fit in the game. Only injuries sustained before the season started are included.

Lewis Dunk is only contracted until the end of the season on the game, I thought he had a deal until at least 2013 like Caskey?

Caskey signed a 3 year deal, Dunk a 2 year deal. If Dunk only has a 1 year contract in the game I'll make sure I get that updated in the next data update.

Hope you all like the game.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Last night I finally won the premiership with Brighton in FM2010 so tonight its on to 2011.

My fear is that I tend to play through the middle without wingers so hope Turkey has adapted Bennett's positions so he can be that free role that Gus uses him for. As for Lua Lua, dont know what I'll do :(

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Dicker is a good player in the game, he just gets put into the reserves as there's only so many slots for midfielders in the first team and he's not rated as highly as Kishishev/Sparrow/Bridcutt. Holroyd gets into first team as not so many strikers there.

Sandaza is very good as he was rated highly in Scotland and I haven't really seen him enough to justify reducing his ability. LuaLua is one of our best players, acceleration and pace are weighted very highly so although his other attributes aren't super high he is still very good.

Navarro was fit at the start of the season in real life so he's fit in the game. Only injuries sustained before the season started are included.

Caskey signed a 3 year deal, Dunk a 2 year deal. If Dunk only has a 1 year contract in the game I'll make sure I get that updated in the next data update.

Hope you all like the game.

:bowdown: Can't wait!!!

FFF

Apr 3, 2010
I just made my first signing. Jay Demerit! :rave:

The new contract negotiations are brilliant.

I also set up a meeting with Ankergren and Walker that ended up with Mitch insulting Casper and him walking out before he did 'something he would regret'. :laugh:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I like the feature that shows the line of the players on a goal that has been disallowed for an offside.

Quite impressed at the mo, and unbeaten in my first 5 friendlies. Oops, no I'm not Doncaster got a last minute winner to beat me 3-2 - I forgot about that.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
Very impressed after playing it for a bit. Accurate, and i like the new features.
Main impressive component is the match engine, its actually bearable now.

Can't wait to get the full version.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Quality league one player on a freebee is Febian Brandy.

Scored a few in the pre-season friendlies i've played

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
5 Games 4 wins 1 draw. I play a lopsided 4-5-1 with Sparrow in the advanced role. Davide Somma is a good player to get in for about 100k and Ali Fuseini is decent. OGH scored 2 from the wing against Notts county!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Played this for the first time today - went on holiday immediately until first league game of the season, amazingly no injuries (big improvement on last year's demo where I did the same thing and had NINE players injured in pre-season)

I've based my tactics on the current Albion line up modified from my very successful 451/433 from the FM2010 game. First game;

BrightonvYeovilInformation_Overview.png

Love this new version and definitely feel big improvements have been made again.

Now, time to restart and play properly - in need of a striker, a centre half, two fullbacks and a box to box central midfielder.. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here