Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Tonight part deux.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After nearly half a season, it seems like there has been enough time to judge Channel 5's presentation of the highlights. For me there is one thing that makes it head and shoulders above the BBC version:

I have yet to see Brighton lose on it. Brighton not losing is for me a very good editorial decision which I think they should stick with. The BBC show was in its death throes last year. I stopped watching because of their ridiculous plan to have us being rubbish. It just wasn't believable for me. The Channel 5 version is more poorly put together in a lot of ways, but if they stick with the 'Brighton never losing' plot, I will definitely stick with it at least until the end of this series. Who knows after that. I might even go back to 'Match of the Day', a series that seems to have been missing something since the early eighties.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
After nearly half a season, it seems like there has been enough time to judge Channel 5's presentation of the highlights. For me there is one thing that makes it head and shoulders above the BBC version:

I have yet to see Brighton lose on it. Brighton not losing is for me a very good editorial decision which I think they should stick with. The BBC show was in its death throes last year. I stopped watching because of their ridiculous plan to have us being rubbish. It just wasn't believable for me. The Channel 5 version is more poorly put together in a lot of ways, but if they stick with the 'Brighton never losing' plot, I will definitely stick with it at least until the end of this series. Who knows after that. I might even go back to 'Match of the Day', a series that seems to have been missing something since the early eighties.

I think you might be on to something there

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

My favorite post in a long time, good job. :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That is a very astute observation. Perhaps being the best team in the division but (usually) being barely featured is good for our mojo. I am also prepared to put up with that Leeds monkey "George" and the blonde bird with no tits and bingo wings messing up the only mainstream FL show. Keep up the shoddy work Channel 5!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Haha. Quality.

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill

Top work.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Great insight. I agree

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Having not watched the game (bad, bad fan) and only seeing the highlights, were we really that poor and lucky to force a draw?
The highlights on this shoddy excuse for a show were all Derby they even seemed to pass over our goals as quickly as possible however if Statos theory holds I am willing to put up with the show this season then move on to MOTD next season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Having not watched the game (bad, bad fan) and only seeing the highlights, were we really that poor and lucky to force a draw?
The highlights on this shoddy excuse for a show were all Derby they even seemed to pass over our goals as quickly as possible however if Statos theory holds I am willing to put up with the show this season then move on to MOTD next season.

We were very good. I was there and the highlights didn't reflect the game. We may have had less shots overall but we looked the more dangerous team and were only denied a win by a very dodgy penalty.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
channel 5 and football:lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They have their idea of who the big clubs are and we're obviously not one of them. I'd like to think that CH and the boys have noticed that and plan to keep rubbing C5's noses in it. Just as I hope that some choice quotes from the Boro and Derby message boards find their way onto the dressing room walls. Although it's beginning to dawn on me that we might have to wait until next season to play anyone decent ...

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We were very good. I was there and the highlights didn't reflect the game. We may have had less shots overall but we looked the more dangerous team and were only denied a win by a very dodgy penalty.

I thought that was the case, they really don't seem to want to acknowledge our achievement.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Agreed. The highlights didn't do our performance justice. After we took the lead in the first half, Derby were seriously rattled and we were in control. Both our goals were carved out through our own endeavours. Both theirs were down to moments of poor play by us.
If we have the majority of our squad fit for the run-in ( last 3 months of the season, no one will stop us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here