Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League to switch from three divisions to four

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
A long midweek away trips wouldn't be such an issue if they scrapped the day-tripper rule they introduced a few seasons ago.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's a good idea as long as they regionalise it.

We play to much football in this country, and what is the benefit of Hartlepool vs Plymouth - if done correctly this will help clubs.

i would personally reduce the PL to 18 as well.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
The Conference is effectively League Three anyway.

Huge clubs with big grounds - Lincoln, Tranmere, Wrexham, Torquay etc. With BT Sport showing around 30 games a season, they rely heavily on the TV money. I don't see it being a benefit to that division. Nearly every club is full time as well.
I probably wouldn't have used the word 'huge', but yes, some clubs with a little bit of history.

In the past regional leagues have been discussed as a way of reducing costs. Maybe make Leagues 3 and 4 regional.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Considering we haven't played a game at home,at 3o'clock on a Saturday since the 13th of February, mainly because of the telly, I can't see Sky, B.T. etc going for this, and, as we all know, they run the game now

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I quite like the idea of Pompey playing in Division FIVE

#Twats

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If they bring in Premier League teams and Rangers and Celtic it will kill the soul of English football. It should be teams from the non-league pyramid only.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I favour the idea of 20 team divisions, with games effectively reserved for the weekend. The one thing which would need to be considered is the way that fixtures fall, with less games. It would be important to many clubs that the fixtures home, away, home,away,,, rather than at present where you can get two home or away games in the same week. This would ensure that clubs are having a regular cashflow.

The fewer games would enable longer rest periods between games and should result in higher quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here