Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League statement on Massimo Cellino

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I feel sorry for the one Leeds fan I know personally because he's a nice bloke.

The rest of them? It's funny but not riotous considering certain parallels that can be drawn between our two clubs and feckless chairmen.

I hope it knocks them down a peg or two but nothing beyond that.

Oh, and in all seriousness, I hope Evans fails miserably. That one is nothing against Leeds per se, but more against that onerous, unpleasant, slimy, disgusting fat spunkrag.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It may well be but how about going after some of the human rights abusing families of arab shit holes as well?

Callino is just low hanging fruit.

I think that's probably a little bit outside of the Football League's remit, to be fair.

I gather its only Platini who can order drone strikes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Evans:
"All I can ask of the Leeds supporters - and there are millions of them worldwide - is just give me the opportunity to win some football matches"

"Millions" :lolol:

Anyway, I don't think its the Leeds FANS you need to worry about, big boy.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I imagine there will be a number of decent proper football fans amongst Leeds support and I do feel sorry for them.

Ok so they are not much in evidence as we leave Elland road with three points most seasons, but they cannot all be deluded enough to think they have some divine right to regain their previous big club status.

There must be many who have had enough of the shambolic succession of owners and walked away. Its them I feel sorry for.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have genuinely conflicting thoughts about Leeds Utd. On the one hand they're part of English football heritage with what they achieved under Revie, Armfield and Wilkinson and this current shambles doesn't befit a club of their stature.

On the other hand they were happy for Ridsdale to stick everything on red, the ball landed on black and the rest is history. C'est la vie, you reap what you sow.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think you have to give some credit to Steve Evans. He may well be NUTZ but he has essentially started managing the equivalent of Sunday League pub teams to now being in charge of a side in the 3rd or 4th largest city in England.

The other 2 managers who were not successful players were Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourhino. Both of them are a little bit NUTZ on their day as well but both incredibly successful football managers.

Perhaps Cellino and Evans are a good fit for each other. They can be NUTZ together

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The other 2 managers who were not successful players were Alex Ferguson and Jose Mourhino. Both of them are a little bit NUTZ on their day as well but both incredibly successful football managers.

Where has this myth that Ferguson wasn't a successful player come from? It's something I've seen several times recently and doesn't have any basis in reality. He played more than 300 league games and scored more than 170 goals. He was top scorer in the Scottish league; at one point he was the most expensive player in Scottish football and turned down a big money bid to join Forest. OK, he wasn't Lionel Messi but that's a reasonable career.

If you want managers who weren't successful players you could mention Wenger, Klopp, Rodgers and our own Russell Slade. I think there are a few more out there - it's no longer essential to have been an old sweat

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh, and in all seriousness, I hope Evans fails miserably. That one is nothing against Leeds per se, but more against that onerous, unpleasant, slimy, disgusting fat spunkrag.

You obviously have a lot more time for Evans than I do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here