Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League statement on Massimo Cellino

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As hilarious as this is, I find it ridiculous that the FA come down so heavily on someone because they forgot to pay tax on a land-rover compared to some of the heinous shit some of the ludicrously wealthy premier league club owners get up to it or have done under their name.

Under s 206B(1)(b)(ii) of the Corporations Act 2001, a person is automatically disqualified from managing corporations if the person is convicted of an offence that involves dishonesty and is punishable by imprisonment for at least 3 months. This includes an offence against the law of a foreign country. The period of disqualification begins on the date of conviction and lasts until 5 years from the date they are released from prison. The period can be extended for up to 15 additional years on application by ASIC.

Its the law.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But what does this actually mean in practice? He's the owner, it's not he can just 'un-own' the club? Or will he just pass it on to his wife or sons? It's something that adds to the gaiety of nations, but in itself in means nothing; things will carry on as before.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Anyone else actually starting to feel a little sorry for Leeds fans now?

Anyone else and I would probably feel sorry for them (apart from Chelsea and ManUtd) . Leeds? Phuckem! Champions of Europe :laugh:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
But what does this actually mean in practice? He's the owner, it's not he can just 'un-own' the club? Or will he just pass it on to his wife or sons? It's something that adds to the gaiety of nations, but in itself in means nothing; things will carry on as before.

I get the idea the Leeds fans would like it to signal the end of his reign

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I get the idea the Leeds fans would like it to signal the end of his reign

I'm sure they would but he won't just walk away, someone would have to buy the club. And he only ended up with the club in the first place as there were no other potential buyers sniffing around. So, in practice, it means nothing ...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Under s 206B(1)(b)(ii) of the Corporations Act 2001, a person is automatically disqualified from managing corporations if the person is convicted of an offence that involves dishonesty and is punishable by imprisonment for at least 3 months. This includes an offence against the law of a foreign country. The period of disqualification begins on the date of conviction and lasts until 5 years from the date they are released from prison. The period can be extended for up to 15 additional years on application by ASIC.

Its the law.

It may well be but how about going after some of the human rights abusing families of arab shit holes as well?

Callino is just low hanging fruit.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'll stick my neck out and say that I feel sorry for Leeds fans. I know a couple who are decent blokes. They got rid of Bates and thought things can only get better. It reminds me of us thinking 'Excellent! This Bellotti bloke has sacked Barry Lloyd.' I wouldn't wish their current farce on any club.*

*Outside of Croydon.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This man must stay at Leeds. I'm loving his chairmanship. They are a perfect pair and now Evans is on board - Brilliant.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Things are getting desperate

Yorkshire residents terrified:lolol::lolol:

A Leeds spokesman said: “It is true that we are having difficulty finding anyone willing to take on the debts and opprobrium of heading the most loathed club in English football. No, the world.

“We need someone who is already unpopular. Maybe Geoffrey Boycott, or one of those puppets from the Wonga adverts.”

Classic :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This man must stay at Leeds. I'm loving his chairmanship. They are a perfect pair and now Evans is on board - Brilliant.

They may have a few decent fans amongst their 'stuck in the 60s riff raff' but these last few years have been the gift that keeps giving. Yes, I know we shouldn't forget what happened to us but the situation at Dirty Leeds isn't close to our problems of the past. Another spell in the third tier would be perfect-the icing on the humble pe.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
So, in the space of 48 hours, they've:

Set a new club record, for longest run of home games without a win (11)
Sacked their 5th manager in 18 months.
Seen their owner banned from football (for the second time in a year).

Impressive stuff.

So he sacked Rosler, employed Evans and 12 minutes later Cellino is disqualified.

I mean I want to feel sorry for the fans, but I don't and find it all a bit hilarious.

Perhaps Mr Cellino knew what was coming his way and preempted the move knowing he could do nothing in the forseeable future!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Personally, I really feel for Steve Evans with this news.

How is he going to feel, having to work for a man so morally corrupt as to get himself convicted of tax evasi.......oh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As hilarious as this is, I find it ridiculous that the FA come down so heavily on someone because they forgot to pay tax on a land-rover compared to some of the heinous shit some of the ludicrously wealthy premier league club owners get up to it or have done under their name.
It's like Al Capone. They couldn't get him on the big stuff, but they stuffed him for not paying his taxes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here