Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show Bollocks

Our first season in the Championship , plus the bonus of showing the Amex and Gus, meant we had massive coverage on the FLS. Last season was the same - this season we are mid table No Gus so no show until about 12.30 am.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Brighton's billing on the programme will rise once the team rises in the league table. Simples! The running order on that show has always been largely determined by league positions other than the main game and that is decided by whatever match is selected for the world feed in a given week.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Just set SSN to record the 6pm hourly session, and watch the goals when you get back in.

This, so much easier seeing as they whizz through pretty much all the games at the same speed.

FLS has been pretty poor for ages, been getting a lot of criticism for not even featuring L1 and L2 games during the Intl break and just being on whenever MOTD is on too. They have missed a fair few goals this season too and feature big clubs more than the small ones - i mean when were Ipswich last in the featured game ?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
If they just showed every goal in the league in succession then it would be fine.

What annoys me is they pad it out with low grade punditry that makes it hardly worth watching.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Position in table plus number of goals scored no doubt controls the order of matches shown so we can have no reason to complain.
The no goal decision was a very important feature of the match,is was a goal and we would have been ballistic if it had happened to us.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I watched the early evening news today (BBC SE). they mentioned that our two subs scored and showed the ball bouncing around the net - presumably JFC's goal and then Spanish Dave's free kick. No mention of Lita or his goal, or the full monty of Jake's shot. It was woeful...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Be good to have it mixed up a bit . Personally that boro v orient game yesterday was a huge game and one that I'd of been happy to see a bit more of .

Can't really complain though as we get the goals on Ssn by 7 , fls before 48 sides , goals on Sunday and good write ups in national newspapers . Still a big change from what a lot of us have been raised on

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not as though I'm obsessed or anything, but found a site which lists all the show's featured/extended highlights matches. So far this season, 35 championship games have been featured matches. I realise a lot of these are there simply because Sky covered them, but still interesting to see which teams the broadcasters favour. Breakdown per team as follows:

QPR 7
Leicester 6
Sheff Wed 5 (why?!)
Forest 5
Reading 5
Wigan 5
Leeds 4
Derby 4
Bolton 4
Watford 4
Burnley 3
Birmingham 2
Ipswich 2
Barnsley 2
Blackburn 2
Blackpool 2
Millwall 2
Doncaster 1
Yeovil 1
Huddersfield 1
Doncaster 1
Brighton 1
Charlton 1
Middlesbrough 0 :)lol:)

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Not as though I'm obsessed or anything, but found a site which lists all the show's featured/extended highlights matches. So far this season, 35 championship games have been featured matches. I realise a lot of these are there simply because Sky covered them, but still interesting to see which teams the broadcasters favour. Breakdown per team as follows:

QPR 7
Leicester 6
Sheff Wed 5 (why?!)
Forest 5
Reading 5
Wigan 5
Leeds 4
Derby 4
Bolton 4
Watford 4
Burnley 3
Birmingham 2
Ipswich 2
Barnsley 2
Blackburn 2
Blackpool 2
Millwall 2
Doncaster 1
Yeovil 1
Huddersfield 1
Doncaster 1
Brighton 1
Charlton 1

Very interesting Mr.Bond...very interesting indeed.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

QPR 7
Leicester 6
Sheff Wed 5 (why?!)
Forest 5
Reading 5
Wigan 5
Leeds 4
Derby 4
Bolton 4
Watford 4
Burnley 3
Birmingham 2
Ipswich 2
Barnsley 2
Blackburn 2
Blackpool 2
Millwall 2
Doncaster 1
Yeovil 1
Huddersfield 1
Doncaster 1
Brighton 1
Charlton 1

In order of league position and in wesnesday's case, the second biggest club in the division after leeds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't our featured game, the defeat against Derby?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here