Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football League Show Bollocks

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
They probably put us on last to keep the viewing numbers up throughout the first half of the show. I do tend to record it and skip through most of the games but there were a few odd results yesterday that were worth watching.

HOW have people not yet realised that they go in positional order of the home team?!
What were Donny before the game? 19th-20th? So, therefore, we got shown right at the end.
Last year we were on near the start when at home.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Usually just watch it on catch up on Sunday morning. Fast forward to our 30 seconds, and thats that.

Ditto, usually with the sound off.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just watched it on Sky+ truly dreadful programme!

Keith Hill (Rochdale manager) was giving a quote and they just faded him out. Did they have a GCSE media studies student doing the editing.

Suggest you just record it and fast forward through all the non action. The presenter isn't too bad but the black fella who is usually on is dire. Claridge just agrees with whatever the presenter says.

No idea why they insist on doing a "feature" (ditto MotD) every week. I'd rather just see action.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Just watched our goals. There looks to a good shout for handball just before Lita scores (backed up by the mass call from our fans). Fortunately the way the Donny player handles it knocks it into Lita's path.

I missed the goal because I was looking at the ref, he probably wouldn't have given it, he wasn't giving us ANYTHING else.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
'Crime Watch' I mean 'Watchdog' no I mean 'The Football League Show' is terrible, I record it and fast forward to the 8 seconds of the Brighton game, unless we don't score and lose then I just delete it without watching it at all.

Steve Claridge seems to hate Brighton for some reason and Mannish is not suited to a sports program, like I said the way the show and set is arranged and presented the bloke would be better suited taking on 'Crime Watch' or Anne Robinsons job on 'Watchdog'.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Steve Claridge seems to hate Brighton for some reason.

Really? Bit harsh - he usually only ever has positive things to say about us. I actually prefer him to Leroy Rosenior, who is even more bland in his comments.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
HOW have people not yet realised that they go in positional order of the home team?!
What were Donny before the game? 19th-20th? So, therefore, we got shown right at the end.

So why were sheff weds on first?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see much wrong with the program although I obviously would like to see more of our gamed when we are away and I havent gone. I hope that it doesnt go over to Sky as I feel that everybody should have the chance to watch it not just those who chose to pay, which I have stopped doing. Also I dont think Sky coverage is any better than the BBC.

Eagle Slayer

Jul 15, 2007
Worthing

So explain how the running order was the following matches of the home teams ?

Sheff Weds
Watford
Millwall
Qpr
Forest
Wigan
Leeds
Ipswich
Bournemouth
Doncaster
Blackburn
Birmingham

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So explain how the running order was the following matches of the home teams ?

Sheff Weds
Watford
Millwall
Qpr
Forest
Wigan
Leeds
Ipswich
Bournemouth
Doncaster
Blackburn
Birmingham

Ok. I meant to say positional order of the highest team, rather than home team:

Sheff Wed - feature
Watford - sky game plus playing team in second
Milwall - playing the leaders
QPR - Team in third
Forest - Team in fifth playing team in fourth
Wigan - Should have been after Leeds, I suppose. Game had more goals in it?
Leeds - Team in 8th
Ipswich - It was the friday night sky game
Bournemouth - team below Leeds
Doncaster - were 19th, playing 16th
Blackburn - no idea why that was shown out of order
Birmingham - were 20th

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you look at the table prior to the matches you can predict 90% of the running order every week.

But don't let that get in the way of a good old NSC Binfest :catfight:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Plenty of beards on show in the Barnsley team. I like that.

:)

albionite

May 20, 2009
I cannot see much wrong with the program although I obviously would like to see more of our gamed when we are away and I havent gone. I hope that it doesnt go over to Sky as I feel that everybody should have the chance to watch it not just those who chose to pay, which I have stopped doing. Also I dont think Sky coverage is any better than the BBC.

Sky's coverage is ten times better

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Really? Bit harsh - he usually only ever has positive things to say about us. I actually prefer him to Leroy Rosenior, who is even more bland in his comments.

I dunno especially previous seasons he seems to be harsh on us, maybe its just because he's so boring and bland its the tone of his voice I pick up on rather than his words, I usually switch off when I hear him speak tbf haha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here