Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Football ground food

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Chinese and Italian food at a football ground? What is this, Yogi Bear’s birthday?

Pie and chips. Not everything has to be a culinary experience.

The chicken pie and a cuppa on a freezing day at withdean? That was heaven.
Pie and chips, burger and chips, hot dog and chips, tea, coffee, bovril in a paper cup, all as unhealthy as hell, artery clogging and carb heavy, but it's footie fare as l have always known it, ever since my first game back in the late 1960's.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Noodles are for sale in the North stand.

I had a steak and ale pie last Sunday, and it was as tasty as when I had the first one at the Amex.
Veggie noodles were very popular in all the stands the first few seasons after the Amex opened, l forget what they were called . . . then they suddenly disappeared from the menu, never to be seen again.

No idea what happened to them, or why they went. Such a shame.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Veggie noodles were very popular in all the stands the first few seasons after the Amex opened, l forget what they were called . . . then they suddenly disappeared from the menu, never to be seen again.

No idea what happened to them, or why they went. Such a shame.
I saw them on the menu on Saturday so maybe they're only sold in the North concourse.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
These examples of a 'hot dog' from Man U and Grimsby respectively. £7.50 and £6.50.

You pays your money and takes your choice I guess.

ManU7.50.jpg
Grimsby 6.50.jpg

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Two things really for me.
1. More guest pies. They are often all gone by 2 o'clock in WSU.
2. Temperature of the pies seems to vary from hot enough to weld with to barely tepid.

Sort it out please, it's not as if they are cheap is it?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
What's the food like at Wembley? Any veggie choice? Anything more healthy than the usual stodge? I'm not talking the 1k to get in the door restaurants there in club money land. Will largely depend on KO time I suppose but if 6.30pm hopefully then get up early for a lunchtime meal in the loads places in London, drinks them football, sorted!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What's the food like at Wembley? Any veggie choice? Anything more healthy than the usual stodge? I'm not talking the 1k to get in the door restaurants there in club money land. Will largely depend on KO time I suppose but if 6.30pm hopefully then get up early for a lunchtime meal in the loads places in London, drinks them football, sorted!
Lots of choices.
Whilst expensive, I do remember not being able to finish the fish & chips as large servings.
Also look out for the Ale Bar.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Was there yesterday. Veggie food remains crap.

Prepare for some open wallet surgery too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Expensive. Food will be £10-£20 a go for anything remotely substantial. Beers depend but probably £7+ a pint

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Seeing this thread re-emerge (like sweetcorn the next day), reminds me how impressed I was with the bombay veg pie and a pint of Harvey's in the away end on Feb 18th. Until the 88th minute, it was the highlight of my day. In comparison, Fulham's veg offering is lamentable. My memory ofe Wmbley food at the last playoff final I went to was chips at a fiver a portion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here