Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Football ground food

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
i think some people expect to much sometimes. FDootball stadiums arent macdonalds, or KFC, and certainly not restaurants. They have to deal with mass customers in a very short space of time. You dont go to go to football for your main meal (hospitality excepted).

Like it or not they have to cater to the majority, and it has to be mass produced, preheated, . If you want your one shot soy latte with hazlenut foam and a non gluttrn ciabatta with misso soaked toffu and a bed of rocket you are in the wrong place!
True, but a middle ground is always welcome. Best football food I’ve had in years was the pulled pork roll on a freezing cold day at Southport in between Covid lockdowns.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i think some people expect to much sometimes. FDootball stadiums arent macdonalds, or KFC, and certainly not restaurants. They have to deal with mass customers in a very short space of time. You dont go to go to football for your main meal (hospitality excepted).

Like it or not they have to cater to the majority, and it has to be mass produced, preheated, . If you want your one shot soy latte with hazlenut foam and a non gluttrn ciabatta with misso soaked toffu and a bed of rocket you are in the wrong place!
Obviously that is an exaggeration, but there is very little alternative for many people who are gluten intolerant.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best thing the club could do is themed match days....indian, chinese, italian etc.......keep it simple - and mass produce 1/2 dishes. But the pie n chips stigma is deep.
Literally the worst thing they could do and impossible to do at volume and keep changing the displays but then you’re on a wind up again

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Rarely eat in grounds these days but I had a Chicken Balti pie at Selhurst (sorry) last month and it was superb. Anyone heading up next weekend, give it a whirl.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I still long for the hot dogs at the Goldstone from the van outside the main office...........after the Eclipse visit!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Football fan reveals grim 'undercooked' loaded bacon chips he bought https://mol.im/a/11709695 via https://dailym.ai/android

Im not happy with the Amex lack of healthy and veggie/ vegan food, but at least I think we can all agree the standard exceeds the awful 'food' at some clubs.
Well go to a f***ing restaurant or just watch Littlehampton.

Football is rarely played when most people eat

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
vegan doesn't mean healthy......neglecting collagen and taurine, plus going for processed tofu is arguably not smart. If it's to do with the death of an animal - tofu and soy farms kill all the local rabbits, voles, insects etc via chemicals.
Good job regurgitating false points.

Tofu is extremely healthy, much more so than carcinogenic red meat for sure.

The killing animal points is even more hilarious.

Meat eaters eat crops top.

Meat eaters eat livestock.

The livestock eats huge numbers of crops that also involves killing local wildlife. Meat eaters diets involve more animals being killed than a vegans before you even eat the livestock animals.

Over 78% of soy bean grown worldwide is for livestock feed.

90% of the soy from the Amazon is grown for livestock.

But congratulations on believing meat industry/anti vegan propaganda because you dislike vegans too.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
I like the sound of the filling but am always hesitant as to how good vegan pastry can be compared to non-vegan pastry.
Vegan pastry is usually very good.

It's not far off the butter pastry for sure. There's much worse vegan substitutes that's for sure.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Football is as expensive as it is. No way I'm wasting even more on average food and drink. When I go, I go for the football only.

A beer in my local after the game and an evening meal at home will suffice for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Football fan reveals grim 'undercooked' loaded bacon chips he bought https://mol.im/a/11709695 via https://dailym.ai/android

Im not happy with the Amex lack of healthy and veggie/ vegan food, but at least I think we can all agree the standard exceeds the awful 'food' at some clubs.
Todays vegetable tagine not for you?

F4D56752-46C2-476D-A9F8-4F4E416C1A8B.jpeg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Had a Pot Noodle at Deepdale many years ago. They 'weren't allowed' to put boiling water in - so filled it with lukewarm water. Which just led to a sort of half soggy grey mass of stuff. Never eaten bought food at a ground since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here