Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Football ground food

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
vegan doesn't mean healthy......neglecting collagen and taurine, plus going for processed tofu is arguably not smart. If it's to do with the death of an animal - tofu and soy farms kill all the local rabbits, voles, insects etc via chemicals.
Football fan reveals grim 'undercooked' loaded bacon chips he bought https://mol.im/a/11709695 via https://dailym.ai/android

Im not happy with the Amex lack of healthy and veggie/ vegan food, but at least I think we can all agree the standard exceeds the awful 'food' at some clubs.

RowZ

Sep 12, 2022
Best thing the club could do is themed match days....indian, chinese, italian etc.......keep it simple - and mass produce 1/2 dishes. But the pie n chips stigma is deep.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Chinese and Italian food at a football ground? What is this, Yogi Bear’s birthday?

Pie and chips. Not everything has to be a culinary experience.

The chicken pie and a cuppa on a freezing day at withdean? That was heaven.
I’m going to steal that phrase and use it whenever I can !

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
i think some people expect to much sometimes. FDootball stadiums arent macdonalds, or KFC, and certainly not restaurants. They have to deal with mass customers in a very short space of time. You dont go to go to football for your main meal (hospitality excepted).

Like it or not they have to cater to the majority, and it has to be mass produced, preheated, . If you want your one shot soy latte with hazlenut foam and a non gluttrn ciabatta with misso soaked toffu and a bed of rocket you are in the wrong place!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
i think some people expect to much sometimes. FDootball stadiums arent macdonalds, or KFC, and certainly not restaurants. They have to deal with mass customers in a very short space of time. You dont go to go to football for your main meal (hospitality excepted).

Like it or not they have to cater to the majority, and it has to be mass produced, preheated, . If you want your one shot soy latte with hazlenut foam and a non gluttrn ciabatta with misso soaked toffu and a bed of rocket you are in the wrong place!
Agree. But there is a gulf of difference between gourmet food and some of the stuff that gets served at football grounds.

Personally think the food at the AMEX is on the better side of things.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Chinese and Italian food at a football ground? What is this, Yogi Bear’s birthday?

Pie and chips. Not everything has to be a culinary experience.

The chicken pie and a cuppa on a freezing day at withdean? That was heaven.
Noodles are for sale in the North stand.

I had a steak and ale pie last Sunday, and it was as tasty as when I had the first one at the Amex.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Weatherspoons is reheat mass produced and plenty of people eat there without too many complaints. Couldn't the corporate kitchens produce more i.e. for the '2nd class' supporters? Think we need to look outside the box and not instantly dismiss alternatives to a pigs stodgy pie.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Whilst it hurts me to say anything against Piglets Pies, I do get the feeling the quality is going downhill. Chicken pie pre-match every game but the pie last weekend (FA Cup) had very little chicken in it. In seasons gone by every mouthfull would have a piece of chicken but now it's one or two pieces per pie.
I'd try the Steak Pie if traddition and superstitions allowed but wont happen.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm looking forward to the Bombay Potato Pie today having missed out on its last visit. I'm glad Piglets finally made their veggie pies vegan. Surprised there are not vegan burgers or hotdogs though, they are really good these days and not that expensive either.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The pies I like - would be nice if the guest pies were a little more varied like they were when the Amex first started. The burgers and hot dogs on the other hand are dire. I'd also like to be able to get chips and sausage rolls.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm looking forward to the Bombay Potato Pie today having missed out on its last visit. I'm glad Piglets finally made their veggie pies vegan. Surprised there are not vegan burgers or hotdogs though, they are really good these days and not that expensive either.
I like the sound of the filling but am always hesitant as to how good vegan pastry can be compared to non-vegan pastry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here