biggles

Feb 21, 2009
bend it like beckham ? and kung fu soccer < quality

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
http://www.viddler.com/explore/seagullstv/videos/19/

Here you are, a history of football in the hands of directors and actors, presented by the marvellous Clare Grogan. It's taken from an evening on BBC 2 in 1994 when all the programmes were to do with football. Enjoy!

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Why all this praise for the football hooligan film ?. Admiring knuckle draggers whose lives are defined with punching a strangers face iin becuase they wear a different colour shirt. Pathetic.

The best football film for me is " Goal ".

Its clear the only thing pathetic is you Uncle Spielberg. Are you a girl? I bet you loved Broke Back Mountain. So any film with any violence in is a no no for you is it. Better stick to the Disney channel you faggot

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Its clear the only thing pathetic is you Uncle Spielberg. Are you a girl? I bet you loved Broke Back Mountain. So any film with any violence in is a no no for you is it. Better stick to the Disney channel you faggot

:lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Mike Bassett.

I love the bit when the interview gets mixed up in Brazil with Gabby Logan. "It's a pina colada!" "Couldn't get it into the suitcase" Brilliant! :laugh:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
What about The Damned United? Is it any good?

It's absolutely brilliant, even if they do get all of the Clough/Taylor at the Albion part of the script wrong!

I also have a soft spot for the film version of Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch. Like The Damned United, it expertly mixes actual real-life television footage with the storyline. It also came out not long after Hereford - Reinelt's goal certainly registered with me as a "Michael Thomas Moment."

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
The Damned United = very good football film
Escape to Victory = good war/prison/football film
The Firm(2009) = good football hooligan film

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The Damned United - a proper football film, told well.

A special mention for The Arsenal Stadium Mystery, about a Frenchman who has limited vision and is often unable to see what is happening right in front of him.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
not a film but a scene - Brian Glover in "Kes".

f***ing tremendous scene(s)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Thats a f***ing superb retort I have to say. :thumbsup:

Top marks.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
This very morning I just finished off reading the last two chapters of The Damned United - not seen the film yet. TBH I found it quite hard going, so much repition, phrase after phrase - was the film like that too? Clever how if kept jumpng backwards and forward by 12 months. I also thought Brighton came out of it poorly - came over as Cloughie only took the job here because it was the only offer on the table and he was pretty convinced he was going to get the England call. He then wnet to Leeds to replave Revie (who got the England job) against everyones advice (Peter Taylor and the Mrs) - 44 days was all he lasted - Must see the film now.

Jimmy Grimble

57 replies and only ONE shout for Mike Bassett?! It's INFINITELY better than the rest mentioned

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here