Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Films

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Just been watching Mean Machine with Vinne Jones and was wondering what people's favourite football films or films with a connection with football were.

Also, Vinne Jones in Eurotrip as a Manchesther United fan is hilarious.

Anyone got any favourites?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rise Of A Foot Soldier

Football Factory. A film I'll always love for giving me the inspired line, to be used when you're in a drunken state with a young lady you've just met that night and the home strait is in sight;

"I can't wait to see your fanny"

It never lets me down :clap2: x

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
How about the worst? Green Street 2, What utter tosh!

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Ralph Brown = legend.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3361092 said:
Football Factory. A film I'll always love for giving me the inspired line, to be used when you're in a drunken state with a young lady you've just met that night and the home strait is in sight;

"I can't wait to see your fanny"

It never lets me down :clap2: x

You're right it is very funny:lolol:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
i found recent film The Firm to be an unexpected delight, very funny, brilliant references to those of us that were in secondary school in the early 80s. some parts of the story grated and the central bad boy doesn't seem that well, Hard tbh - but still some great performances and an excellent little film.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why all this praise for the football hooligan film ?. Admiring knuckle draggers whose lives are defined with punching a strangers face iin becuase they wear a different colour shirt. Pathetic.

The best football film for me is " Goal ".

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Why all this praise for the football hooligan film ?. Admiring knuckle draggers whose lives are defined with punching a strangers face iin becuase they wear a different colour shirt. Pathetic.

I agree. My choice would be the classic " Escape to Victory " :cool:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Not really it would go over your head as it was a way of life once.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Over my head ?. I am touched really as you cannot realise I am 47 and lived through the " glory " days of football hooligaism in the 80's.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Did you spot the Brighton emblem during Mean Machine? always catches my eye!

fast forward to around 6 mins:

[yt]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q98wuK_tTCs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q98wuK_tTCs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/yt]

:clap2:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I love the way these "old school hooligans" try and give the whole scene some kind of credible history when it is obvious to anyone with a brain cell that it is a bunch of arseholes running about ruining other peoples days. Most of these idiots spend half their lives boozing it down the pub whilst their kids and wife spend most of their time alone with the ocassional smack in the face to let them know they have a husband.

What's worse is the sadarses that still continue it in their forties etc.

Also when they watch these shit films they bang on a bout how great those days were when in fact most of the films try to illustrate what an ultimately shite waste of time it is.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I would agree that Goal was superb. Goal two was very good as well. Was really looking forward to the third until I found out it went straight to DVD and the cast members had ALL changed, including Santiago!! I was expecting it to be really really awful and can say I wasn't disappointed in that respect!!

Same with Green Street, really enjoyed the first one but the sequal was total rubbish.

Keep meaning to see the film 'Cass' has anybody seen it? Is it any good?

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
Same with Green Street, really enjoyed the first one

:ohmy:

have you no taste man!

Green Street is surely one of the most appalling films ever made- the basic plot in itself is fundamentally retarded and the acting even worse; did you hear that prick's attempt at a cockney accent? (can't remember the actors name but he played one of the lead roles). never laughed so hard in my life!

I bet the sequel is absolutely dire :lolol:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I love the way these "old school hooligans" try and give the whole scene some kind of credible history when it is obvious to anyone with a brain cell that it is a bunch of arseholes running about ruining other peoples days. Most of these idiots spend half their lives boozing it down the pub whilst their kids and wife spend most of their time alone with the ocassional smack in the face to let them know they have a husband.

What's worse is the sadarses that still continue it in their forties etc.

Also when they watch these shit films they bang on a bout how great those days were when in fact most of the films try to illustrate what an ultimately shite waste of time it is.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here