Football Films

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
There is no denying the so so poor accent attempt. Assume your talking about the main character LS?? The guy with the shaved head. But I did still enjoy it. You should definately watch the second one, I have noticed it on Sky Movies this week I think, if anything, it'll make you appreciate the first one more!!!

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
I quite enjoyed "Whan Saturday Comes" with Sean Bean. I also enjoyed the Football
Factory which,despite some comments,actually depicted the futility of football hooliganism rather than glamourising it.

J-Scott

Mar 9, 2009
Why all this praise for the football hooligan film ?. Admiring knuckle draggers whose lives are defined with punching a strangers face iin becuase they wear a different colour shirt. Pathetic.

The best football film for me is " Goal ".

It's hardly pathetic. Films like the football factory are entertaining, doesn't mean we all want to be like them.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Can anyone remember 'Yesterday's Hero ? Ian McShane. :falmer:

I saw a clip of that on 'The Beautiful Frame,' a programme presented by Clare Grogan all about football and its relationship with film and TV. I'll try to upload it later today for those of you interested in this thread.

Leicester Seagull

Oct 24, 2009
There is no denying the so so poor accent attempt. Assume your talking about the main character LS?? The guy with the shaved head. But I did still enjoy it. You should definately watch the second one, I have noticed it on Sky Movies this week I think, if anything, it'll make you appreciate the first one more!!!

yeah that's the guy! who ever the actor was, he should've been replaced by danny dyer: a true genius and fantastically-versatile performer (something I think we can all agree on...)

cheers, don't have sky movies but will no doubt download the sequel at some point when i fancy a laugh :D

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I love the way these "old school hooligans" try and give the whole scene some kind of credible history when it is obvious to anyone with a brain cell that it is a bunch of arseholes running about ruining other peoples days. Most of these idiots spend half their lives boozing it down the pub whilst their kids and wife spend most of their time alone with the ocassional smack in the face to let them know they have a husband.

What's worse is the sadarses that still continue it in their forties etc.

Also when they watch these shit films they bang on a bout how great those days were when in fact most of the films try to illustrate what an ultimately shite waste of time it is.

couldn't agree more.....hmmmm, I'll take 'Gregory's Girl' if it's an option.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Goldstone,that film does not seem to show anywhere,you can't buy it & very little of it on Youtube. Any idea's ? :falmer:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Soccer-Dog-European-Cup.jpg

f***ing classic!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Shame there is no football film about the rivalry between Brighton and Crystal Palace in the 1970s. Maybe those behind The Damned United could make it!

andycapp

Jan 4, 2010
Just been watching Mean Machine with Vinne Jones and was wondering what people's favourite football films or films with a connection with football were.

Also, Vinne Jones in Eurotrip as a Manchesther United fan is hilarious.

Anyone got any favourites?

return to green street, stand your ground, brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports