Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football fans sent to prison for violent brawl in Shrewsbury Town.

Feb 14, 2010
I think people miss the point. If a few mates want to have a punch up at football then let them. Not in the streets but say some industrial estate somewhere. it would take the "naughty" out of it and nobody would bother. Personally, as a tax payer, i dont want to pay a policeman to to spend his time worrying about a few people who want a fight. Up to them, not my problem, and dont spend my cash worrying about it, let the market intervene, there is a market for it so lets facilitate it, charge for it and let people get on with it. The stuff that the state feels the need to spend my money on to try and prevent really does make me wonder.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I think people miss the point. If a few mates want to have a punch up at football then let them. Not in the streets but say some industrial estate somewhere. it would take the "naughty" out of it and nobody would bother.

i agree

let the high streets be free of this trouble,the small businesses in these areas are the proper life blood of the economy and they can do without these brawls much better to out source them to industrial estates,sod all happens in these working class cesspits of any note

i think you are onto something

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Like you have a clue about what this is all about.
Straight off the jolly bus and into the ground, straight out of the ground and into the jolly bus after the match.

I was being facetious as the OP had said the 'last' game at Shrewsbury.
I've only been travelling on the jolly bus for the last 6 years as I am now officially old. In my 50 years of support, I've driven, been on Seagull special trains and used ordinary transport. I've also been assaulted.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I think people miss the point. If a few mates want to have a punch up at football then let them. Not in the streets but say some industrial estate somewhere. it would take the "naughty" out of it and nobody would bother. Personally, as a tax payer, i dont want to pay a policeman to to spend his time worrying about a few people who want a fight. Up to them, not my problem, and dont spend my cash worrying about it, let the market intervene, there is a market for it so lets facilitate it, charge for it and let people get on with it. The stuff that the state feels the need to spend my money on to try and prevent really does make me wonder.

Something like these Ruskey chaps here :-

[yt]EeAChXRe8kQ[/YT]

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge

They would also have to waiver the right to NHS medical care to not affect public spending. And to clean up any body parts or rubbish afterwards.

Still can't believe people are so moronic as to want to have a fight before or even at a game. Saddens me because I thought football was moving in the right direction.

A Brighton family disappointed me a few years back at Yeovil with their behaviour. Actively encouraging their small children to swear at the ref and racing up to the front 'as a family' to remonstrate with hand gestures. This is the detritus of society that will breed more violent morons.

Thankfully they are now in the minority but they are still there.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They would also have to waiver the right to NHS medical care to not affect public spending. And to clean up any body parts or rubbish afterwards.

Still can't believe people are so moronic as to want to have a fight before or even at a game. Saddens me because I thought football was moving in the right direction.

A Brighton family disappointed me a few years back at Yeovil with their behaviour. Actively encouraging their small children to swear at the ref and racing up to the front 'as a family' to remonstrate with hand gestures. This is the detritus of society that will breed more violent morons.

Thankfully they are now in the minority but they are still there.

F..k off, you :tosser:

Feb 14, 2010
Yes, of course, football violence is so trendy and clever !!!!!

Its not something I get involved with but there is clearly a demand for it. I'm all for live and let live. If it does not effect others then why cant we let people get on with it, it is not for me or you to judge what others want to do with their spare time. I cant see why the market cant provide the answer but having warehouses hired out to anyone who really does want a punch up. It would also mean that all the wanabees would have to stop their nonsense as then can just be handed a leaflet to give directions to the warehouse. All this paying a policeman with our money really has to stop if you ask me

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Something like these Ruskey chaps here :-

[yt]EeAChXRe8kQ[/YT]

But compare the two, the russians are obviously up for a fight, whereas the Shrewsbury clip shows a load of blokes performing riverdance with the occasional punch thrown in - same as always.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Its not something I get involved with but there is clearly a demand for it. I'm all for live and let live. If it does not effect others then why cant we let people get on with it, it is not for me or you to judge what others want to do with their spare time. I cant see why the market cant provide the answer but having warehouses hired out to anyone who really does want a punch up. It would also mean that all the wanabees would have to stop their nonsense as then can just be handed a leaflet to give directions to the warehouse. All this paying a policeman with our money really has to stop if you ask me

:fishing:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

I suggest you canvass a few MPs and see if you can garner some support for this idea.

Personally I'm in favour of locking people up for Violent Affray.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Agreed. Set up legal fight clubs for people with these urges.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
With reference to the OP, the issue is not that the hooligans don't deserve jail sentences, it's that some sex offenders are treated far too leniently.

Can't help thinking a spell inside might encourage those intent on violence to grow up a bit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
With reference to the OP, the issue is not that the hooligans don't deserve jail sentences, it's that some sex offenders are treated far too leniently.

Can't help thinking a spell inside might encourage those intent on violence to grow up a bit.

But I think the point was already made that you can't just look at the statistics and then try and extrapolate from that comment that rapists get cautions when it is quite clear the OP has know idea on the circumstances of those cautions. As another poster pointed out, concensual sex between a 16 yr old and a 15 yr old is still technically rape!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here