Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

football dying on it's feet???

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I have to back fairy on this one . Ive been up liverpool for a long weekend and couldnt believe the change in their fan ? base since the last time i was up there . It was like a league of nations with the amount of foreign supporters around the town . In our hotel there were groups of irish , danish and dutch fans all over for the game and bumped into chinese groups as well . The atmosphere was really bad really diluted because of this and alough this is football now it really surprised me at how passionless it has become . Football has changed now and i dont like it i dont like it one little bit .

i used to enjoy my train journeys in the mornings with guppy back in the mid 80's. Would often have a chat with him, but don't think he knew who i was at the time!

I recall chuffing through germany 1988 pulled into a station and who was standing on the platform,yep guppy with no train ticket,on he jumped and crawled under the seat, an hour or so later he crawled back out giving a russian lady a bit of a stir as he appeared through her legs:rolleyes: She checked under her seat for a tunnel:blush:
happy clappy days:clap2:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I recall chuffing through germany 1988 pulled into a station and who was standing on the platform,yep guppy with no train ticket,on he jumped and crawled under the seat, an hour or so later he crawled back out giving a russian lady a bit of a stir as he appeared through her legs:rolleyes: She checked under her seat for a tunnel:blush:

Checked under her seat for a tunnel.
Brilliant :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have to back fairy on this one . Ive been up liverpool for a long weekend and couldnt believe the change in their fan ? base since the last time i was up there . It was like a league of nations with the amount of foreign supporters around the town . In our hotel there were groups of irish , danish and dutch fans all over for the game and bumped into chinese groups as well . The atmosphere was really bad really diluted because of this and alough this is football now it really surprised me at how passionless it has become . Football has changed now and i dont like it i dont like it one little bit .

I was in London when we played Leeds on the opening day of the season visiting family. I was quite sad to be missing the opening day until we took the kids out in the centre of town. In three different tube stations we saw groups of foreign Arsenal fans on organised tours to their FRIENDLY. Every single one with a camera, brand new replica shirt and no googling idea where they were going.

I didn't think Guppy was allowed between ladies legs.....

I was in London when we played Leeds on the opening day of the season visiting family. I was quite sad to be missing the opening day until we took the kids out in the centre of town. In three different tube stations we saw groups of foreign Arsenal fans on organised tours to their FRIENDLY. Every single one with a camera, brand new replica shirt and no googling idea where they were going.

I didn't think Guppy was allowed between ladies legs.....

You thought right:rolleyes:

Jan 30, 2008
you know it makes sense. NOT MANY PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD DENYING THE FACT :wink:
regards
DR

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
sad to say i'm afraid , home much longer before the money go round crashes , fair to say that some of the players appalling antics on the pitch are becoming a piss take to the punter , players running around with things written on their vests after scoring , obscene wages , TV coverage dictating everything , seems to me football fans have been brainwashed.............. happy to accept that ???
regards
DR

I have to agree.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
you know it makes sense. NOT MANY PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD DENYING THE FACT :wink:
regards
DR

No, but as others have pointed out, the irony is that the era you are romantically reminiscing after, is the era that f*cked football. It is the root cause of what we have today.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
If you took your rose coloured specs for a minute off you would know it was a shithole with a dire atmosphere in the 90s.

Nothing to do with rose coloured specs, The Goldstone had character, the North Stand was where the the youth of the area met and sang and swayed in unison and when it was rammed it was quite something to behold. I'm talking more the 70's and 80's here mostly and what great memories to have of those times. The Amex is a wonderful stadium, as yet it hasn't got any character maybe it will come but there isn't too much sign of it yet. I wish we could bring some of that atmosphere to The Amex so that the youngsters of today in The North could experience the same. Full marks to them for for what they do now by the way

Jan 30, 2008
No, but as others have pointed out, the irony is that the era you are romantically reminiscing after, is the era that f*cked football. It is the root cause of what we have today.
hold on!! ,where have i mentioned that in this thread , YES THERE WAS TROUBLE BUT THERE WAS ALWAYS AN ATMOSPHERE need to separate trouble from atmosphere :dunce:
regards
DR

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
hold on!! ,where have i mentioned that in this thread , YES THERE WAS TROUBLE BUT THERE WAS ALWAYS AN ATMOSPHERE need to separate trouble from atmosphere :dunce:
regards
DR

There is an atmosphere these days DR, but it is more Russ Abbott than Joy Division

Regards

EP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here