Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football boots worn when you were a yoof!!

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
:lolol: Very funny story, I should think myself lucky my mum worked in Woolworth and got me discounted Boots.

And I'm sure we both still bear the emotional scars of our parents' attempts at character building. I didn't tell you about the toy red plastic semi acoustic "electric" guitar with the power cable cut off my dad gave me to play at the junior school assembly classical guitar recital. I got it for christmas but never was given an amp so the power cable was deemed superfluous. Never got to find out if it had genuine electric guitar capabilities but I have my suspicions that it didn't. That guitar yields another traumatic memory from my childhood. I remember I left the cardboard box that it came in too close to the fire and it started to smoulder. We discovered it just in time to stop our house burning down but not quite in time to stop it melting our mustard gold polyester carpet which had only recently been laid. The crispy scorched scabby patch of melted polyester just in front of the fire served as a constant reminder of the sound thrashing I received for my carelessness for about the next 15 years.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
New Balance Boots.jpg

A pair of New Balance for me

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Outgrown boots from a second hand shop in North Laine. The boots covered the ankles and the laces were long enough to be tied around the top of the boots. The studs were a "tower" of round pieces of leather secured to the boot by four nails. Incidentally shin pads were thin bamboo canes encased in a leathery like material.

Ouch.
1. Was it called North Laine then? I thought that was a new name.
2. Could you actually get a ball in the air with them? I struggled and ended up toe punting mostly :(
Just amazing to watch the skills of the players in the Tom Finney and Stanley Mathews era with these boots on.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Yes, The Legend, these are pretty much my boots! They were second hand (or foot) and were too big so were worn with newspaper pages scrunched up and rammed down the toe as hard as possible! Such a contrast to some of the other pictures of modern boots. Still, I was glad to have them, and didn't know any different........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here