Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Food you love that most people would turn their noses up at nowadays?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A can of PILCHARDS in tomato sauce. Drenched in vinegar and black pepper.

I have this at least once a week. Oily fish is good for you, apparently.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Chicken vol au vents. All day long.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My dear old nan used to make BRAWN to die for. Half a pigs head from the butchers, cooked in jelly, congealed inside a cereal bowl. Serve cold with salt - heaven.

Me and my dad used to fight over it. That processed pink shite you get from a deli counter bears absolutely no comparison. Makes me sad I'll never have it again. That recipe, the way she did it, went with her to the grave :(

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Red Leicester and Brown Sauce Sandwich.

Not the insipid embarrassing 1970 cousin of Cheddar, but the proper stuff.

British Vintage Red Fox from ALDI. Incredible cheese, incredible.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Chicken vol au vents. All day long.

A personal favourite of mine from the 1970s, but a cream chicken pie with puff pastry even more so.

I used to make a "whole roast chicken" chicken pie, which basically consists of cutting the dark meat into tiny shreds so it melts into the sauce , the breast cut into large generous chunks.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I have have absolutely no embarrassment about using stock cubes all the time and even bring them back from holiday.

Once you crumbled have an OXO into a homemade beef burger, you don't go back.

I use them like flavoured salt.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I have have absolutely no embarrassment about using stock cubes all the time and even bring them back from holiday.

Once you crumbled have an OXO into a homemade beef burger, you don't go back.

I use them like flavoured salt.

Yep. I do that too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just having a corned beef and mustard sandwich on white sliced with a nice cup of tea. I'm really enjoying it but most people I know would never have corned beef on their shopping lists.

You couldn’t be further from the truth. You have described one of the great sandwiches of all time! And/or with Branston Pickle is what puts the Great in Britain. The only question is what type of bread, but really it’s got to be soft and white. Certainly not a baguette. Other common mistakes include adding lettuce or other exotic salad bits.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You couldn’t be further from the truth. You have described one of the great sandwiches of all time! And/or with Branston Pickle is what puts the Great in Britain. The only question is what type of bread, but really it’s got to be soft and white. Certainly not a baguette. Other common mistakes include adding lettuce or other exotic salad bits.

Agreed. I have just had another. White sliced, real butter, Colman's mustard and I've accompanied this with leek and potato soup. That should see me through to my fruit and porridge at 4am :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I seem to recall that Vienetta being scoffed at,by right-minded people.
I used to love it, haven't seen one for about 20 years though

Once sophisticated. Now free with a bucket of KFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here