Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying ants

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Here's a question for any Ant enthusiasts
Just spent the last 10 minutes watching an ant drag one of his dead comrades across the garden patio, and got thinking is he dragging him to some ant burial ground or is he dragging him home for tonight's dinner?
Thanks for any explanation

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well I for one welcome our new insect overlords.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Just spent the last 10 minutes watching an ant drag one of his dead comrades across the garden patio, and got thinking is he dragging him to some ant burial ground or is he dragging him home for tonight's dinner?

Did he look like he was related to the dead one?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.png
Did he look like he was related to the dead one?

Only difference was one had wings the other one didn't but apart from the wings identical, maybe one was bigger than the other as well

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Loads of the little buggers in my garden in the Slarde. The seagulls are looking FEISTY.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I remember in the (excellent) film 'Phase IV', which is about normal size ants becoming very intelligent, there are shots of ants dragging dead comrades away and laying them down in lines. I never knew whether it was real or stunt ants :D but it was beautifully shot. The only film Saul Bass directed I believe. It's very good :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

He is playing a game of Ant Charades with his Ant chums in their Anty burrow, and he's trying to silently create an image of the Pink Panther theme tune. He'll need at least half a dozen before they guess correctly.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.png

Amazing to think that smaller ant is able to carry an ant 4 times his size, looks like he's trying to get him to sit up in this pic..... It's too late son, he's gone

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Loads of the little buggers in my garden in the Slarde. The seagulls are looking FEISTY.

Seen 2 dead seagulls on the roads today, they get so greedy they forget to get out of the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here