Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Flyde v Salford Play Off final...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Be a bit of an overkill of league football if AFC Fylde get through to join Blackpool and Fleetwood, wouldn't it? It'd be like us having Whitehawk and Burgess Hill in the league too.

Whitehawk and Southwick, I feel. Coast, dear boy.

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They can’t cut the mustard at this level. I’m assuming they were hovering just outside the automatic promotion places. Having said that they’re a fine example of grassroots football, and will do even better when they’ve weeded out the less capable players and turfed them out altogether.

I shall now retire to my compost bin. :drink:

:laugh::kiss:

HWT must have got postcards from Blackpool stamped 'Fylde Coast'. It's just the coastline of the Fylde Peninsula, which extends nearly to Preston.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fylde
Location_map_United_Kingdom_The_Fylde.svg.png

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Not fair. Fylde are a small club done well. They're not going to get huge crowds. It's good to know that some folk spend money following them. It's what its all about.

As for Shots. I've watched them many times. I was born in Frimley and the first place I ever lived was in St Augustine's Close- very close to the ground. Unfortunately, my arrival there saw a run of 5 straight defeats.... They and Whitehawk are my two 'other' teams.

Fylde are well backed moneywise too. No bitterness it's the way has gone . A club that can turn down an offer of £175k for their main striker can't being too bad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wasn't there something really dodgy about Fylde FC ?

I have a very vague memory from a few years ago - a maybe even a previous regime ? ???

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here