Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Flyde v Salford Play Off final...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can’t get my head around how fans moan about ownership of Bolton, Coventry etc... yet also moan about the owners of Salford. What is ‘right’ ?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Can’t get my head around how fans moan about ownership of Bolton, Coventry etc... yet also moan about the owners of Salford. What is ‘right’ ?

Well the first two are long-established clubs which need and deserve good custodians, whereas Salford is a millionaire's plaything, with no history or support, and in a city which already has numerous (some would say too many) professional clubs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
2 teams whose league away support would fit into 2 taxis pathetic ,but at least they made it. Before i put my tin hat on Salford top of the league bought under 70 to us on a 3pm Saturday game in March. The sooner The EFL have them the better.

Not fair. Fylde are a small club done well. They're not going to get huge crowds. It's good to know that some folk spend money following them. It's what its all about.

As for Shots. I've watched them many times. I was born in Frimley and the first place I ever lived was in St Augustine's Close- very close to the ground. Unfortunately, my arrival there saw a run of 5 straight defeats.... They and Whitehawk are my two 'other' teams.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Salford a League Two club. Gary Neville has stated that he wants them in the Champions League within 10 years.

Fylde will be back at Wembley next weekend for the FA Trophy final. Hopefully they'll win that for their efforts this season.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That will teach Flyde to hire out their facilities to Farage.

el punal

Come on Flymo.

They can’t cut the mustard at this level. I’m assuming they were hovering just outside the automatic promotion places. Having said that they’re a fine example of grassroots football, and will do even better when they’ve weeded out the less capable players and turfed them out altogether.

I shall now retire to my compost bin. :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here