Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Sticking £20 on the draw at 20's.
Guaranteed rematch.
Can't wait for this one, although unfortunately Virgin Media are providing the SD Broadcast only.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Disagree with that. Pacquiao has more chance now than he did 5 years ago IMO.
Oh. Why do you think he has more chance now? I think Manny has deteriorated more, and been beaten.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Oh. Why do you think he has more chance now? I think Manny has deteriorated more, and been beaten.

I think Manny wins the Psychological battle already.
Floyd has been ducking Manny for years, doesn't like fighting Southpaws and knows that Manny is the only real threat to his unbeaten record.
Manny's going in the ring with nothing to lose whilst also being two years younger.

#TeamPacMan

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Manny wins the Psychological battle already.
Floyd has been ducking Manny for years, doesn't like fighting Southpaws and knows that Manny is the only real threat to his unbeaten record.
Manny's going in the ring with nothing to lose whilst also being two years younger.

#TeamPacMan
Floyd is 2-1 on. Would the odds have really been shorter than that a few years ago?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Floyd is 2-1 on. Would the odds have really been shorter than that a few years ago?

I think the odds would have been similar/the same a few years ago.

I can obviously see why Floyds the favourite, but he has his weaknesses and has been ducking Manny because of these.
Whatever the outcome, I can't wait for it.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
As good as manny is I just can't see floyd losing to anyone. He is just too clever a fighter, he adapts to whatever is in front of him and does whatever he needs to do to win. I think when he hasn't looked as good its been more down to motivation on his part than than any weakness. Motivation wont be an issue this time though.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Got a feeling Manny might pull this off. Still think drugs were involved when a small fighter can jump so many weights and stay powerful, this is why mayweather put of this fight for a few years (his words not mine) Manny recent KO defeat has probably tempted Mayweather's ego and World interested to think this is a safe fight.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Got a feeling Manny might pull this off. Still think drugs were involved when a small fighter can jump so many weights and stay powerful, this is why mayweather put of this fight for a few years (his words not mine) Manny recent KO defeat has probably tempted Mayweather's ego and World interested to think this is a safe fight.

Drug thing was he didn't want to give blood a couple of days before the fight - it is possible he doped and that's an excuse. Just looks really lean...

However, he's agreed to it now and he's hardly got the physique of someone who might be doping

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

5 years ago no one could hit Floyd. Did you see the Floyd/Maidana fight? Looked to me that Floyd is slowing down (a little). He's never faced someone with the hand/foot speed of Manny who looked back to his best in his last fight against Algerie.

That said, I still see a unanimous points win for Mayweather. Hope I'm wrong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
5 years ago no one could hit Floyd. Did you see the Floyd/Maidana fight? Looked to me that Floyd is slowing down (a little)
I only saw highlights of it, and Maidana roughed him up.
He's never faced someone with the hand/foot speed of Manny who looked back to his best in his last fight against Algerie.
Of course he's never faced anyone with the speed of Manny, but he wasn't tested against Algerie. He used to fight at a ridiculous pace, you'd wait for him to run out of steam, and he never did.

That said, I still see a unanimous points win for Mayweather. Hope I'm wrong.
Same. Mayweather is too good at hiding (which is why I don't like him), so I don't think an old Manny will be able to finish him. I think a younger Manny could have got a TKO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Both boxers way past their prime which is the reason the fight is devalued, 5/6 years ago would have been must see now I'm not paying for PPV
Exactly. I'd have been happy to pay for this fight, but as it is, I will find 'another' way.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Both boxers way past their prime which is the reason the fight is devalued, 5/6 years ago would have been must see now I'm not paying for PPV

Please can you give me valid reasons for them being past there primes ? And the 'should have happened 5/6 years ago'. And I'll respond.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Please can you give me valid reasons for them being past there primes ? And the 'should have happened 5/6 years ago'. And I'll respond.

They are both are past their prime and optimum fitness capabilities. Speed, power and reflexes are likely slightly worse than they would have been 6 years ago. Only due to age.

This doesn't devalue the fight for me personally though.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Maidana proved how downhill Mayweather has gone of recent. Fair play, Maidana did destroy Adrien Broner, but if you watch the Amir Khan v Maidana fight, you'll see that Khan was always in control, a lot more than what Mayweather was against him. Mayweather doesn't look the best anymore.

I don't think it's fair to say this fight will favour Mayweather now they've aged. Mayweather has slowed just as much as Manny.

Still want Manny to win though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here