Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Told you all this the other day, 5 or 6 years too late to ever be meaningful
And I agreed then as I do now. I'd have love to have seen them 9 years ago. As it is, I'm glad I didn't pay to watch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
the umps were obviously watching different fight to me.....to me manny was a clear winner ....if we are scoring on punches thrown/landed and the fact that ffloyd spent most of the bout running away ,very poor decision for the main stream but even worse for boxing fans/followers...RORT...!!

The score sheets show that you must have been dozing off to think Mayweather wasnt the correct winner.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
I honestly dont know how anyone could score that for Manny, just watched it with a mate and we had him winning 2 and possibly 1 or 2 more as the agressor which is exactly how it was scored. I wanted him to win but unfortunately Mayweather gave him a boxing masterclass and stopped his game plan

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
And I agreed then as I do now. I'd have love to have seen them 9 years ago. As it is, I'm glad I didn't pay to watch.

I am not sure what people were expecting to see from this fight, Floyd has always fought this way and his fights are rarely exciting, He is the master of not getting hit and I personally don't believe the result or spectacle would have been any different if had happened any earlier in their careers.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Not cheap, I saw Floyd 15 years ago from good seats in a 2/3 full MGM for 80 bucks...was a fairly dull unanimous points win over a Mexican Vargas. Of the 3 yanks in front the 4 behind and my 2 mates I was the only one who had Floyd as the winner. Other guy threw 2/3rds of the punches but never landed. Boo's all round at the result. Floyd didn't hurt him tho & I'm surprised he's still unbeaten all this time later

15 years on....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looks like this could be his last fight. Triple G will definitely put up a better fight than Pacman just did.

As good as Mayweather is, going in with Golovkin who is naturally much bigger and hits like a sledgehammer would be a quick route to 48-1 in my opinion.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So many empty seats there last night absolutely criminal !! I waited right until the last minute when people were desperately unloading wads of tickets and got a 2500 ticket BELOW face value. Buzz was incredible and despite an average fight the memories of this will live with me forever. Amazing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here