Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I'm with the general gist of the thread. As much as I'm supportive of the club and the new direction we are taking and generally excited about what might pan out, this was on the basis that we might score more goals rather than fewer.

This. Is. ****ing. Insane.

Hello Championship.

Anyone would think TB is some clueless idiot. Keep the faith.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Must be for squad harmony. I rate him but I'm all for it if getting rid of players like him and Locadia does the dressing room some good.

Agreed, I was just about to say this. I know everyone is shocked but there must be more to this than meets the eye, perhaps the rest of the squad haven’t reacted well to his red card or there’s other stuff going on?

Just seen Guinness Boys post - :lolol: :lolol: Anyone got a change of sheets?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Clearly a mentalist but he can finish , make things happen, win fouls.
I can just about understand us letting him go but only if we were offered £15m or so. To let him go on loan....why?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed, I was just about to say this. I know everyone is shocked but there must be more to this than meets the eye, perhaps the rest of the squad haven’t reacted well to his red card or there’s other stuff going on?

All I'll say is that I was slightly surprised that he was still an Albion player when this season started - I expected him to be shipped out in the Summer.

That said, I'm probably more surprised at this evening's turn of events.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He wouldn't ever be. But he could well count as a senior player on the books which would block us bringing in a free agent.

Are you guessing or is that an actual rule? What is your source?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Bring your boots next week. Might be a vacancy up front.

Unless there is a cunning plan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm still struggling here...

Crofts + Andone + Ahannach = 3 players
Crofts + Free Agent = 2 players
25 players over 21 this morning, 26 if Crofts counts.

Imagine Ahannach had not been rushed out on loan to USG this morning.

Andone goes, still 25 senior players registered on the books, no free agent allowed.

Luckily Ahannach has gone... free agents are us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Same Bruno hung up his boots.

Him Llorente and Murray in the same team...

...Bexhill & Worthing would be all of a quiver.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If this is true, given its out there.
Then Graham Potter is making a huge decision, probably based on the incident at the Southampton game and other stuff, we are not privy too yet.
I like Andone, the way he niggles the opposing defenders, but this may not fit into GP ethos of a calming team atmosphere.
Andone may have made a complete cock of himself quoting Shakespear, given the suprise event GP had the team doing.
Whatever happens, I'll be excited to see how Aaron Connolly gets on, when he scores his first senior goal :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone would think TB is some clueless idiot. Keep the faith.

Well, I'll happily accept that Andone may have needed to be shipped out. I don't think he was Mr Popular and it may well be felt to be for the good of the squad to get rid, even though he could score a decent goal at this level. The bloke scored my favourite goal last season (Palace home) and the one that kept us up IMHO (Huddersfield home) but was a walking red card.

But to do it when we can't sign a replacement and we've just binned off another striker is MENTAL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here